Public charter
Jamul, CA

Posted February 03, 2014
I do not know what the October parent was looking for in a school, but maybe he/she was unrealistic in expectations. You have to want to work with your children and be their teacher, and it is a lot of work to do that. This school has given me great support for my three children, provided chances for them to socialize, to attend great field trips and to grow as much as they want. You get out of this school what you put in...and more!

Greater San Diego Academy 1

Posted October 10, 2013
I wish I could rate it 0 stars. Awful values at this school. I have nothing positive about the experience we had. We left. Sadly, I know we aren't the only ones. So disappointing. Look for another school. I encourage you NOT to go here. You have a choice don't use it on this school. So disappointed.

Posted November 20, 2012
So far we have only been a part of this school since the beginning of the 12-13 school year. My First child, started K this year. I started doing research on all the HS programs in the San Diego area when she was just 1. After lots of research I narrowed it down to GSDA and TLC Academy. I choose a state funded charter school because I did not like the set up of any of the Private Homeschools. So I then visited both of the schools and got all my question answered and went with GSDA for two reasons. 1. I felt that the school offered a greater choice of flexibility than TLC. 2. There are free on-site (choose 1 of 4 sites) classes and there are other classes you can pay for. You get $70 per month for either fee based onsite classes or off-site classes like Gymnastics. For TLC you either used your $70 for on-site classes or off site. No Free on site classes at TLC. Our experience so far has been great. It is challenging, but well worth it for the end result. Our daughter loves school and looks forward to going. Plus, we get to have time to lots of other things, zoo, parks, hikes and lots of time with Grandma. I like to think of GSDA as organized but flexible.

Posted November 18, 2012
GSDA is the answer to our schooling needs. I have never experienced such a friendly and caring environment in the public school world. The teachers and staff are outstanding and the enrichment program is AMAZING! The classes are designed to build well rounded, thinking people. I strongly recommend taking a look at the GSDA course offerings if you are shopping for constructive and meaningful enrichment for your child. GSDA offers excellent support to both parents and students. The education specialists help design a customized learning program based on the individual needs of each student and tutoring is available. I am grateful this unique school exists. This is one school where teachers can still creatively teach and inspire children to love learning.

Posted November 18, 2012
This is a great school! The teachers are fabulous and the workshop classes are so unique. This school has several locations/campuses, we are fortunate to live where we can take advantage of the North County workshop offerings. My kids love the enrichments! This is our first year with GSDA but we know other families who have attended the school for the past several years and we have watched those children blossom. After the negative experiences endured in public schools, we finally decided to take the path less traveled in hopes our children could pursue a truly rich, leadership education within a healthy and productive environment.GSDA fits.I saw reviews that said the school was rigid and didn't allow the flexibility they wanted, I can't imagine as we have never encountered that problem. The staff is very open to helping find the right fit for each student. For example, we requested not to be bound to texts when it comes to Language Arts as I feel standard issue student anthology texts lack the richness and lessons of the classics. We are free to study the classics as long as we are achieving our educational goals and fulfilling our requirements. This is a GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted August 19, 2010
As a credentialed teacher who is now a SAHM I feel that I can judge this school fairly. I don't have anything against public or private schools per se. However, what I do know, especially in the state of CA and the No Child Left Behind Act, is that if you are not in a wealthy area and you have an above average child the public schools are encouraged to let the above average student fend for themselves and focus on the average and low achievers to get the test scores up. If you are able, & lucky enough, to homeschool your child GSDA is the way to go. They offer classes every week, different choices of curriculums, have supplemental and thematic books/units, ask for parental input on how to better the school, offer credits per month to help pay for outside extracurricular activities, and is WASC accredited. All for FREE!

Posted March 02, 2010
I have two children currently enrolled at GSDA. This is our third year at the school and I love it! I feel like it is the best of both worlds. The on-site enrichment classes provide socialization, while at the same time you are still able to have the flexibility of home schooling. We have tailored the curriculum to meet the needs of our children, and the staff have been wonderful at getting us what we have requested. I know several families that left the school because their kids wanted to try a more traditional school. They were back just months later after being disappointed by the more traditional school settings. That says A LOT about this school!

Posted September 16, 2009
I don't know what that September 14th post is referring to. I can share this...we have looked at all elementary schools in our area (Tierrasanta) and none fit the bill for us. Greater San Diego Academy is the future of education. I found it to be an excellent, amazing, one of a kind option for parents like us, who refuse to turn our children over to the SD Unified system with it's 24 + class sizes or Private School which is very expensive, even for Kindergarden. GSA is the most exciting option we have as parents, and we can't wait to use their program. One of a kind school and we are very excited to go here!

Greater San Diego Academy 0

Posted September 14, 2009
Administration at this school is more concerned with test scores then they are with the students. Highly unprofessional when dealing with problems.

Posted September 02, 2009
As a parent of three children I've found that this is the best option for homeschooling that we have. It meets state requirements, the curriculum is supplied for you and the staff is wonderful. If you have any problems all you need to do is ask. We were able to change some of our books to better meet the needs of my children. This is our fourth year with the school and it still seems to be going very well.

Greater San Diego Academy
13881 Campo Road, Jamul, CA  91935
Last modified Greater San Diego Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greater San Diego Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top