Crestview Preparatory School 4

Posted September 30, 2014
My son and daughter attended Crestview Preparatory School from 1998-2006. Crestview was always my top choice for elementary school for several reasons. The physical plant reminded me of my elementary school with the large classrooms and the high windows and the big play yard in the front that looks like a park. The teachers and staff were warm and inviting and the parents were a great mix of people who truly cared about their children's education, and were interested in building a community together. Academics were certainly stressed, but in an environment that encouraged learning and created excitement and curiosity to enjoy learning and solving problems. The children were taught to be respectful, polite and work hard, but nurtured and developed to be individuals. At Crestview, 6th graders can be leaders to the younger grades, but still feel comfortable playing out in the field without the early adolescent attitudes and influences that middle schoolers bring. Although the academics can be challenging, even in 6th grade there is still time for personal attention by the teachers to develop those critical writing and research skills so important for grades 7-12.

Crestview Preparatory School 3

Posted November 02, 2013
Crestview is very nurturing to the young student. It may not be the best in academics, but its caring and community are optimal. The thing that most drives students to come are the excellent teachers and compassionate community. However, I believe this school lacks in terms of academics and leadership. The academics of the school are about average compared to the private schools in the grouping, and with public La Canada schools. Also, the school is too money hungry. It raises the price of tuition almost every year, and subtly pushes parents to give loads of money to the school. This is why I believe Crestview is losing students each year. - Alumni

Crestview Preparatory School 3

Posted June 06, 2013
Although it may not be one of the best schools, I believe it provides an environment that gives their students the proper education and foundation to exceed within their respective academic experience.

Posted November 17, 2012
We are new to Crestview but not to the Los Angeles private schools. We have two older kids in competitive private upper schools in the area, and spent a number of years at Campbell Hall. Crestview was described to me as a "hidden gem", and that is exactly what it is. I have twins in Kindergarten this year and cannot believe the amazing teaching staff and individualized attention they are getting. Class sizes under 20, and two phenomenal lead teachers per class. "School" to them is a warm, nurturing place where adults and kids of all grades know and encourage them. The families are economically and ethnically diverse, but all committed to their kids being part of a supportive and grounded elementary experience. While Crestview has a small school feel (with a significantly lower tuition that reflects this), it offers many enrichment activities (music, art, great P.E./ sports program, Spanish, after school clubs, amazing librarian!, etc.). For me, Crestview offers what many LA schools have not- a grounded, caring, academic setting where childhood is preserved for as long as possible and kids are well prepared and confident in taking their next steps. Thanks Crestview!

Posted March 06, 2012
Our child went through the Crestview program from K all the way through 6. We loved it and our child loved it. We have close friendships with other parents with whom we socialize often--everything from having dinner, to board game nights, to camping. And our kid has a whole passel of friends who are very friendly, articulate, and just plain nice kids. There are no cliques, and the children get along with each other very well. Our child's Crestview education helped him to become a well-rounded student. In 6th grade, the school--particularly the Head of School, Marie Kidd--was excellent with the transition/application process. He applied to a few schools and got in everywhere. (As an aside: Marie Kidd knows everyone--the other heads of school, the other admissions directors, etc. She's a great resource during the admissions season.)

Crestview Preparatory School 4

Posted December 18, 2011
We are constantly struggling with wanting to pull our child out of this school. Teacher quality is inconsistent, academics not better than the area public schools, but teacher/child ratio is good, unlike the publics. Art, music and PE are also pretty nice. Parents have clicques they hang out with and one doesn't get a feeling of inclusion. Children here aren't real friendly and inclusive as well. I hear reports of children behaving not so nice and getting away with it from other parents all the time. The office pesonnel and the administration have been pretty nice. The campus is old and there is no muti-purpose rm/gym. The play yard is ok.

Posted September 26, 2011
The teachers here are excellent, the academics is excellent, the head staff is excellent. What's not to like about this excellent school? I've been here for 5 years and I have learned so much. I know this school will prepare me for middle school and beyond. This school is extremely fun and most of all the principle is a cool, and truly amazing lady!

Posted June 19, 2011
I am a parent with a child at this school. We are very pleased. The head of the school is fantastic. The campus is a good size with a strong community feeling. Our overall experience with academics, art, music and physical education is excellent.

Crestview Preparatory School 2

Posted October 19, 2010
If we knew then what we know now, we would have not have put our kid through Crestview for the entire 6 years. There is a lot of talk about "community", but with the exception of a couple of teachers, the relationship with the teachers often feels icey and adversarial. The community is a theme, not a practice.

Posted November 16, 2009
Crestview was an exquisite place to learn because you can really connect with the teachers (both students and parents alike) I went there for kindergarten through sixth.

Crestview Preparatory School
140 Foothill Boulevard, La Canada, CA  91011
Last modified Crestview Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Crestview Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top