Posted March 02, 2015
The 7th/8th grade teacher does not have experience teaching multi subjects. This lack of experience shows in her inability to explain some subjects. It is well known that she often asks Math questions from one of the 8th grade students because she doesn t understand the concept. Even with this mediocre education being provided, the School continually attempts to try and pretend this is some sort of college prep school.

Posted February 26, 2015
Crescenta Valley Adventist School is such an incredible school to work at. Since day one, I have felt very welcomed by the parents and staff, both old and new. All of the teachers and principal know every student on a first name basis; we are the true definition of a school family. Anytime a student or teacher needs help, there are always helpful hands available. We are so fortunate to have the opportunity of meeting each of our student s individual needs. Not only are we teaching the foundations of education, but God is incorporated in everything that we do in the classroom. This school has been around for a long time and I see this school continuing to prosper, all through the work of the Lord. May God continue to bless this amazing school family and the positive parents who continue to support our school each and everyday.

Posted February 25, 2015
Crescenta Valley Adventist School is a very special place to be a teacher where we work hard to teach the students spiritually, academically, and physically. We have a strong academic curriculum with individualized instruction, utilizing the benefits of combined classrooms where the younger grade hears their peer s instruction and can grasp the skill that they will be taught the following year. Not only do we advance a student if they show mastery, we can also assist a struggling student to receive the benefits of hearing a review when taught to the younger grade. Academics is vital, but a vibrant multicultural campus is extremely important to us as well. We have international students who come in to learn English through total immersion. This is a benefit to them and us: they learn to read, write and speak English and we get an opportunity to learn about their language and culture. Come take a look at our campus and you will see what the buzz is all about!

Posted February 24, 2015
My family has a long history with CVAS and it used to be a great Christ loving environment to bring your children. Sadly, things do change. The school has some consistency problems. There have been six different Principals in the last eight years and there has been a 90% teacher turnover in that same time. It would appear the School Board has become desperate and the current principal was the day-care lady just a few years ago. The Principal, Wendy Newmyer, seems overwhelmed and ill-equipped to handle any concerns or problems. It saddens me but I no longer can recommend this school.

Posted February 21, 2015
CVAS is an amazing school! It focuses on the whole child-mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The faculty challenges the students in being critical and creative thinkers. Incorporating sports and encouraging healthy living is emphasized on campus. Because of the small classroom size, students as well as teachers, are allowed to connect and build meaningful relationships. Most importantly, God is intertwined within all aspects of CVAS. From the minute you walk onto the campus, you can feel that God's presence is there. CVAS is a wonderful school!

Posted February 20, 2015
My child is in the K/1 class at CVAS, and we love it. They do have combined classrooms, but this has turned out to be a major plus. My child learns both K and 1st grade concepts, and there is less "division" between grades. We also love the small, family-oriented Christian atmosphere at this school. All the older kids play with the younger kids. The older students play games with and read books with my child in after school care, which we think is wonderful. The K/1 teacher, who is very kind and nurturing, tailors the homework based on each student's ability, which makes for a very individualized learning experience. We have been impressed with our child's academic progress. Also, the teachers of the other grades are so warm and friendly. They all say hello to my family, including my three-year old by name, at drop off and pick up. The principal and office manager are also fantastic - very enthusiastic and friendly. The staff here really care about the students.

Posted February 19, 2015
The school profile isn t accurate. There are only about 65 students currently enrolled in k-8, including about 10 foreign exchange students. Enrolment seems to be a big challenge for CVAS and there has been a recent migration away from here. A lot of changes have taken place in the last year and a half and unfortunately not for the best. All grades are now in combined classes and K-2 are in one classroom. With the graduation of the eighth grade class and several recent families leaving, I don t know how CVAS will be open next school year.

Posted June 09, 2014
I love this school. I was once a student here. I Remember that the teachers were always if great help. The school has a great christian environment. The best thing about this school is how close the students, parents, and teachers are. I would recommend this school to everyone I know.

Posted June 08, 2014
This is a great school with a great christian environment. All the teachers are great. All the families and students are close too.

Posted April 12, 2014
My kids love CVAS. My daughter started K in 2007, now she is in 6th. My son is in 4th.

Crescenta Valley Adventist School
6245 Honolulu Avenue, La Crescenta, CA  91214
Last modified Crescenta Valley Adventist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Crescenta Valley Adventist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top