La Crescenta, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 09, 2014
I love this school. I was once a student here. I Remember that the teachers were always if great help. The school has a great christian environment. The best thing about this school is how close the students, parents, and teachers are. I would recommend this school to everyone I know.

Posted June 08, 2014
This is a great school with a great christian environment. All the teachers are great. All the families and students are close too.

Posted April 12, 2014
My kids love CVAS. My daughter started K in 2007, now she is in 6th. My son is in 4th.

Posted February 10, 2014
My daughter started at CVAS in 4th grade and graduated in 2010, My son started in pre School and is currently attending and will be graduating this year 2014. My wife and I as well as our kids are so greatfull to this school for helping us sculpt our kids future spiritually and academically , we are blessed to be part of the CVAS family

Posted February 07, 2014
Fantastic school! Both our children started in this school since kindergarten, with one graduating this year from 8th grade. Not only do they receive excellent academic learning but they also receive the spiritual nurturing you would hope for them to receive outside of your home, to prepare them not just for higher learning but for life. Our children have been blessed through the years with dedicated administrators, staff and teachers who love The Lord and are passionate about giving of their best to each student and their families, as well. Academic excellence, leadership mentoring, sports and physical development, creative arts and music, and a wide range of extracurricular options, have given our children a well rounded foundation in their growth and development in becoming upstanding and outstanding. In addition, the close knit sense of community and camaraderie within the school and between families have given our children invaluable friendships that we know will last a lifetime.

Posted February 06, 2014
I can go back to when my first son now attending USC as a Sophomore first attended CVAS and later my second son currently attending 8th grade and I can't think of anything else but being blessed for that decision. The school is also our family and my sons have made relationships that they will take into adulthood. As a parent I have made many friends from the same families sending their children here. This is a transgeneratial school, I have met so many parents that they themselves attended this very beautiful campus as well as some of their parents themselves. Academically I can't say enough about the school, it has prepared my sons for the next step and they had the opportunity to work with great teachers, principals, parents, staff over the past 18 years for my family alone. My sons have had opportunities to learn from so many different cultures, to see places they would not have seen in other schools, thru educational fieldtrips, that have only open up their horizons and made them more aware of the world and all the beauty it has to offer. I believe CVAS has done that an more and we wish the school the best. Once my son graduates this year, we will never forget CVAS.

Posted January 14, 2014
CVAS has been a blessing for our family! It has been a great Christian environment for our children to grow up and learn in.

Posted December 21, 2013
This is an amazing smaller private K-8th school. The teachers and principal are fantastic. They embrace all kinds of learning opportunities and it is common to see the different classrooms spending time outside for play and for learning. They actually have a giant grassy field, and not just a cement jungle. The Christian environment is so appreciated and the quality of education and character development is outstanding. Wouldn't dream of ever sending our kids any where else. Great school.

Posted November 19, 2013
This school has many great attributes: subjects are taught well, all students have choir or band, homework is a respectable amount, after school activities including sports teams, teachers and staff have graduated great universities including Loma Linda, La Sierra, and USC. The K-8 curriculum is challenging but not overwhelming. If you find your child should skip a grade they will help with that process too. It's exceptional in that there are international students from S. Korea, China and Japan. The kids develop lifelong friendships with peers and teachers and parents. Parents are highly motivated and are encouraged to support the school and see the programs succeed by volunteering every day. In addition, the family atmosphere is extended to seeing their friends, classmates, and teachers at their church as well. Students come from all walks of life and graduate with a solid foundation for high school and beyond. Wendy Newmyer is the principal and loves her job and the kids. Her leadership is contagious and motivates others to see her vision of a great school getting greater. Visit the school and visit the school's website: www.cvas.net .

Posted November 11, 2013
This school has enriched my family for generations! My mother attended, my siblings and I attended, and now my own children attend this jewel of a school. I see my classmates dropping off their own children here in the morning as well. We all continue this tradition because we want the quality education in a caring, Christian environment that this school has given for 90 years. Small classroom sizes, high academic scores, and daily worship in the classrooms are only a few reasons why I encourage you to come and visit this school for yourself.

Crescenta Valley Adventist School
6245 Honolulu Avenue, La Crescenta, CA  91214
Last modified Crescenta Valley Adventist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Crescenta Valley Adventist School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top