La Habra, CA
Students enrolled: 1,923
After care: No

Posted January 29, 2014
Sonora is a school where students can excell in academics and enjoy their high school expereince in sports and other school realted activities and clubs. The indoor campus has a real family feel and the students are very nice to each other. Very respectful environment for students that starts in the classroom. Great school for all students!

Posted January 25, 2013
My son is a junior at Sonora High School has had a wonderful experience. What I like most about Sonora is the friendly atmosphere and school spirit combine with challenging academics for core classes. My student is a scholar athlete who has been provided a rigorous yet well-rounded experience here at Sonora. There are many clubs and organizations to be a part of if you are not an athlete. Our ASB is top notch and provides many leadership opportunities for students aspiring to grow in their leadership skills. Other programs that are well known are the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) program, the FFA (Future Farmers of America) program, the new digital media arts academy and the Best Buds program which provides students the opportunity to work with the special education students at Sonora High School.

Posted July 12, 2012
I my self went to Sonora High school and received a great education. Still living in the great city of La Habra, I have had 1 daughter graduate from Sonora and played for the varisty softball team. Attending now is my other daughter receiving straight A's and is in the Medical Careers program and also plays all varsity sports, Track and Soccer. Great teachers and coaching staff. Guidance dept always their to help my daughter with any questioins she has for college questions.

Posted May 22, 2012
I am a student at SOHS, and it is an absolutely extraordinary school!The Ib program is wonderful, and the teachers and staff are the best! sure, our reputation isn't as great as troy and sunny hills, but the honors classes are the same, and are just as rigorous! There isn't as much competition, so it won't be as difficult to get into the college/university of our choice if we do well. Not to mention that its all indoors!!!

Sonora High School 1

Posted March 31, 2011
I am hoping the school is better than what it appears to turn out. Living near the school is horrible due to the vandalism, loitering, theft of mail (all caught on surveillance) and worst off all bullying of senior citizen who ask these "students" to stop loitering on their property. When speaking to one of these students he advised he was told by staff and resource officer to "hang out in neighborhood and do what he wants as long as he behaves in school" Shameful. This school shoudl eb closed

Sonora High School 4

Posted October 29, 2010
Sonora High school has many great programs to offer including Medical Careers, Forensics, FFA, JROTC, and the IB Diploma.

Posted March 21, 2010
Sonora is a great school. Sonora may not have the reputation as Troy does, but our school has a friendly environment. the teacher are really nice and so are the people. also the teachers make learning fun and encourage creativity. This is my 1st year at Sonora and i like it. Our athletics may not be the best, but everyone gets a chance to try and have fun and get better. Also our athletic our getting better

Posted March 10, 2010

Sonora High School 4

Posted September 30, 2009

Sonora High School 1

Posted July 27, 2009

Sonora High School
401 South Palm Street, La Habra, CA  90631
(562) 266-2003
Last modified Sonora High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonora High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top