Posted August 22, 2014
. Sierra Vista is a great school. The principal that was here was Mrs. Kalcevich who was also at Ladera Palma when it became California Distinguished School then somehow got moved to Sierra Vista. I think Mrs. Kalcevich was a great principal and all the ff principals on both schools have followed her trademark but could not match her leadership skills. Sierra Vista could be a Distinguished School if only Spanish language is not catered or pampered too much. This school has great potential but due to the demographic of the percentage of students I think it is pulling this school down to getting what it truly deserve- to become a Distinguished School. There has not been big change. I do hope that sticking to English only at school and classes sfter school to practice non- english speakers to get familiar with state testing would someday be enforced. It is in a nice neighborhood bordering Brea/ La Habra. The teachers are dedicated to the students. This school offers GATE band, Leadership sfater school activities and soon will start Robotics. So I can see where it is going. Just exert more English only rule while in school and watch for a great jump in State Testing. Go Panthers!!!

Posted April 15, 2010

Posted September 16, 2009
Sierra Vista was a great school for my son to attend the teachers and principal worked with me and my son to help him improve his grades and attitude.

Posted August 23, 2005
Both my sons have attended this school and I have had many good experiences there. Most of the teachers are friendly. Unfornunately, there are a few teachers which I would never recommend to anyone. The principle is very involved and you can often see him standing out with the kids and directing traffic.

Posted May 29, 2005
The academic program is excellent. Class sharing for specific subject is interesting and seems to keep my childs learning curve interesting and appropriate. Although My child hasn't been involved in sports for the last two years, the GATE program is an outstanding after school program that my child looks forward to. I believe the level of parental involvement is up to each individual and Sierra Vista gives a wide range of opportunity.

Posted September 09, 2004
We could not be happier with the education our three children have received at Sierra Vista. They have blossomed educationally, socially and emotionally. We could not have asked for better teachers. The principal is readily available and very approachable for all parents. His rapport with students is exceptional as well. Sierra Vista provides an outstanding education, and does so in a safe and nurturing atmosphere.

Sierra Vista Elementary School
1800 East Whittier Boulevard, La Habra, CA  90631
Last modified Sierra Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Vista Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top