La Mesa, CA

Posted June 30, 2011
This school and the program that it embraces, Workshop Way, are both an amazing asset to any child. The school and its community coupled with its core beliefs and fundamentals provide each and every student with an atmosphere for not only excelling in academics but in skills for life! I highly recommend this school to any parent interested in a quality educational foundation for their children!

Posted September 06, 2010
I've had my kids at St Martins for 7 years now, and I've seen huge improvement in curriculum and school leadership over the past 3 years. As a parent, being involved in the school is very important. St Martins provides many areas of parental involvement. Those parents complaining about lax academic standards at St Martins need to involve themselves more to see what really is going on, which is excellent teaching and students graduating with top testing marks- to get into high schools of their choice with honors! I love this school as do my children (7th grade and 2nd grade) I would highly recommend it for those interested in attentive teachers and a small but involved school community.

Posted April 08, 2010
I have had two daughters go through St Martins from preschool on. I feel that this school has not only been a comfortable, positive learning environment for my children, it has empowered them to take ownership of their responsibilities and given them self motivation. I have never had to tell my children to do their homework or ride them about what they need to do. Their projects are done by themselves and not by show off, over achiever parents who have something to prove and they are proud of what they accomplish! The staff is fantastic, the principal is easily accessible and the community is first class. It has been our privelege to be a part of the SMA community!

St. Martin Of Tours Academy 2

Posted February 08, 2010
The Workshop Way curriculum at St. Martin Academy does not properly prepare children for the realistic demands of high school and further college. It is outdated and in desperate need of revision. I chose a catholic school for strict, regimented curriculum. There is not enough homework, parents aren't kept informed as to students progress and children do not simply learn the study skills the need. Workshop Way is outdated, time to come into the present and help children prepare fort their future.

Posted August 24, 2009
St. Martin's is a great school for academics and character building. My daughter has been attending since Kindergarten and it's been a terrific learning environment. If you are thinking of a Catholic education for your child, with strong academic curriculum but are intimidated by the cost of a private education, consider this: SMA includes fine arts and computer lab in their curriculum; also, if you need Extended School Services (ESS) through the school (e.g. LMSVD), you will be paying $70/wk flat fee no matter how many hours you use it (they dismiss at 1:30 on Tuesdays so lots of people need ESS). If you bring your lunch on several work days per month and cut down on your Starbucks visits while at the office, you've painlessly covered the difference between the ESS fee of $280/mo. and the monthly SMA tuition fee (depending on the tuition plan you sign up for).

Posted May 13, 2009
Our children have attended St. Martin of Tours Academy since kindergarten and we all LOVE it! The Workshop Way is such a powerful learning program emphasizing both academics and life skills. Homework isn't introduced until children are developmentally ready to handle it on their own. And it works - my third grader finished her Native American report on her own, complete and on time. The principal is awesome, the staff and teachers are outstanding. Our family highly recommends this school!

Posted February 20, 2009
My daughter is currently attending St. Academy and we LOVE it! It's a great small school environment. In regards to the previous reviews, I completely disagree! I think the teachers and staff are awesome and have tons of enthusiasm! As far as the Workshop Way program is concerned, it's a wonderful program if it's followed correctly. If your child is not doing his/her homework and you don't keep a close watch on their progress via parent-teacher conferences they could fall behind...but this is also true in all schools! If you want your child to have the opportunity to have personal attention, learn solid values, have religious studies, and learn to love learning this is the right school for you!

Posted September 05, 2008
I agree. Both my stepchildren spent most of their elementary years at St. Martin's (one K-8 and one K-6), and were at a significant disadvantage when they transferred to public schools.

Posted August 03, 2007

Posted May 25, 2007

St. Martin Of Tours Academy
7708 El Cajon Boulevard, La Mesa, CA  91942
Last modified St. Martin Of Tours Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Martin Of Tours Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top