No rating

St. Louis of France School

Private | PK-8 | 150 students

Living in La Puente

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $245,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,640.

Posted July 1, 2014

My child has been attending this school for the past 2 years and I love it. Granted it is going through some financial struggles that can EASILY be fixed by families willing to make financial sacrifices to enroll there children here. Because of the smaller class sizes, your child will definitely get the attention he/she deserves or needs. The teachers are great, very friendly and approachable. I am a teacher at a different Catholic school and I have experience dealing with kids from all types of socioeconomic backgrounds. I have seen the way the children of St. Louis of France behave and carry themselves and I am very impressed with their demeanor. This is a major reason my husband and I have our child enrolled in St. Louis of France as opposed to the school I currently work for.

Posted September 13, 2013

I have two children, one who went to public school and has completed 12th grade. My other child started Kinder at St. Louis of France and is now a 5th grader. The biggest difference is the time and attention that is given to each student from the educators at St. Louis of France. Because our class sizes are smaller, the educators are able to build individual relationships with each student and the parents. What stands out for me is the community within the school. All of the students know each-other regardless of age. Parents know the other parents. We are a family oriented school, and it is visible to anyone new to our campus, or simply visiting. My child is being challenged and receiving a high level of education. What fulfills me most is knowing my child is God's child. Everyday my child is learning about God, the Catholic faith and how he can make a difference in his community in helping others. If you are wanting to better your child as a whole, be an involved and invested parent, please consider St. Louis of France School.

Posted April 19, 2013

I have no regrets sending my daughter to this school. She has been on top of her class, thanks to her teachers. And thanks to the new principal, Mrs. Fite, and Fr. Larry who have been more involved. I will definitely recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 29, 2012

Under the new lead administrator, Susan Fite, this school will continue to grow in community, faith and academic achievement. Dedicated teachers care about and nurture our children. Kids love the school's science program. The choir continues to grow and improve each year. Students are competitive in local math competitions. The campus offers a safe and happy leaning environment. Overall, this is a wonderful place to place your child!

Posted November 30, 2011

This school is great. The teachers go out of their way to help both my children- I have found he people who dislike a school are usually the ones whose children have issues that they won"t face. Issues like bad behavor or learning issues. One of my children has a learning problem and he has been helped during class and after school. I am proud to say I am a St Louis fan!!!!

Posted July 13, 2010

I love this school I have all my kids here and would not have it any other way. This is family and everyone knows everyone. The school has done some great improvements over the past years and we see it moving forward in the right direction. To respond to the family that wrote he/she was there for years and never saw the money go to the kids, that's because you did not make the time for your child to see what happens at HIS/HERS school. As for the dinners I'm sure they were well deserved it seems that you have hard feeling's because you weren't invited. I hope you weren't one of the parents that left the school with no report card cause you have UNPAID TUITION........

Posted June 26, 2010

Teachers are great but, " WERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING?"" I WAS THERE FOR YEARS AND NEVER SAW THE MONEY GO TOWARDS THE KIDS OR THE SCHOOL.Maybe because some of the voluntere parents are finding better use for it going on trips to dinners with the schools money ,sure this people dont have to work they have there personal pigie bank they can use, HEY WHAT CAN WE DO THERE IS NO ATHORITY TO GO TO.PARENTS IF YOU REALLY WANT INFO ON THIS SCHOOL ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE,AND FIND A BETTER PLACE PLEASE.""""

Posted March 31, 2010

I think this is a wonderful school! I have two children who have been attending since first grade; one will be graduating this year. It is a very close, loving, and supportive school; almost like a giant family. It is small enough so that everyone knows eveyone.The pricipal knows all students by name and seems to relate to all the students. I feel my children are taken care of here, academically, physically and spiritually. It had a couple of rough years in the past, but these last three years have been real good! Wonderful staff!

Posted March 6, 2010

i went to that school an i thought it was okk but public school is much beter but that is what i think it is a very protective school an cares alot about its studentds it has good teachers an a very good staff.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 23, 2009

This is the best private catholic school. They have some of the best teachers and the whole community is like a big family.

Posted September 17, 2009

My children have been here since kinder and I love this school. I am a very involved parent and do not leave it all up to the teachers....I am responsible for my children. A few years ago we did have a principal that was just awful but thank goodness she is GONE!

Posted August 24, 2009

This school is overall horrible! They are behind academically and struggle to help their students with their studies. If you want your child to have a good learning experience this school would not be recommended!

Posted August 7, 2009

This school is wonderful. The staff and teachers are great. I only have wonderful things to say about my sons kindergarden teacher. Mrs. McNichols and Mrs. Lozcano are what teachers and teacher aids should be. My son learned so much this past school year. Thank you Mrs. McNichols and Mrs Lozcano for the hard work and dedication you bring with you everyday. The children in your classroom have learned so much.

Posted July 15, 2009

My kindergarder learned so much more in this school this year than my other children received in their kinder and first grade education at our local public school. The teacher were the gratest. They were very loving, caring and very patient.

Posted May 28, 2009

It is the best school I ever saw, it is a excellent. Because they teach a lot of stuff like math and reading. They are very nice I give them a A+.
—Submitted by a student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13901 East Temple Avenue