Lathrop, CA

Posted December 04, 2014
They do very little for the kids aside from being in the class. No after school programs. No sports. Very weak music program. No performing arts. Student performances (plays, holiday programs, etc.) are not well organized or don't happen at all. One educational field trip a year. MUSD has the strangest break times. They give a 1 week off in October, I think it should be the week of Thanksgiving. Spring break is also different time from most other CA school districts. The neighborhood is safe though. Community is nice and friendly. Just wish the school was better.

Posted October 01, 2014
This school doesn't spend any money on the children ! The principal should be more involved in school activities. They take it so lightly its not even funny. I am really disappointed in this school.. But a true fact is that a bright child could do great in this school. the school enviorment is horrible..... over all if your looking for a recomandation then I suggest do not enroll your child in this school

Posted May 08, 2014
I am a student at this school currently I am a 7th grader and I have been going here since kindergarten and every since 1rst grade I hated this school but the only reason why I'm staying here is Becuse my mom like the RSP here that I need but it took 4 years for her to get me in that program and the office did nothing about it at all and the yard dudys are the worst they yell at everyone for everything of u wore shorts that are a centimeter to short up to the office and they don't help you at what u need help with I can barley spell Becuse of them at I am horable at math I can't wait to graduate and get out of this junk felid they call a school oh and u have to seat at assigned tables at lunch how stupid

Posted April 09, 2014
Such a bad school. Many of the classes that we took were too easy for us. I got transfered from my other school at the beginning of the school year and I did not like the experience of it at all. Actually, I'm pretty glad I'm moving now but anyways -bad school DO NOT enroll your kids into that school.

Joseph Widmer, Jr., Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2013
The school is great my kids are enjoying and learning . school teachers and staff is are really helpfull and they work really hard .

Posted August 18, 2012
This is by far one of the worst schools my child has ever attended. The environment isn't one that's very child friendly at all. The principal and vice principal don't give you the time of day as a parent. Too much drama in the special day class my son attended- I would never recommend this school to my worst enemy.

Posted January 29, 2012
The best thing about this school is that our children do not attend it anymore......so glad to get them out of such a negative enviornment. Very unsupportive staff and principal.

Posted October 08, 2010
Once again some teachers and administrators feel that it's ok to demeanor students, and talk down to them. I thought that school was about encouraging and motivating students to be better and want them to become better students and citizens. My advice to those administrators that continue to speak to children in a unproffessional or negative manner, get out, run, do not teach anymore, go find something that you enjoy or that does not involve other people, especially the young people. Customer service / Care courses for the staff are in desperate need at this school. Again I can not put every administrator in this boat, but at times it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the entire basket. Truly concerned parent!

Joseph Widmer, Jr., Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2010

Posted March 15, 2010
I am a concerned and partly active parent at Joseph Widmer School for the last 9 years. I was impressed with the first 3-4 years of my children's education; however, these five years, not so much. Let's start out with the majority of the yard duty supervisors who yell at the children and disrespect them almost on a daily basis; and we wonder why the children do not respect them in return. Not to mention, when the concerns are addressed to the school administrators, the concerns are not taken seriously and just overlooked.... I have lived in the neighborhood for over 9 years and have heard numerous parents and children discuss the rude and harassment stories from the yard duty supervisors, but again nothing is addressed by the school officials....Instead the yard duty workers continue to yell at the children as they sit to eat lunch, play, or be kids.

Joseph Widmer, Jr., Elementary School
751 Stonebridge Lane, Lathrop, CA  95330
Last modified Joseph Widmer, Jr., Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph Widmer, Jr., Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top