Leona Valley, CA

Posted December 03, 2014
We have been a part of the Leona Valley Elementary School family for almost 6 years. I can't stress how wonderful this school is. Test scores are remarkable (we rank among the best within the district every year), teachers are knowledgeable, and most importantly, they are sincerely invested in our children's best interests. All of the kids know each other, and look out for each other. One of the things that attracted me to this school was the small town setting. It's a smaller school, but that's what makes it so great. My kids aren't just a number in a sea of 1,000 plus kids. Principal and the teachers know most every single child by name. I couldn't have asked for a better elementary school experience for my children.

Posted July 28, 2014
My children have attended Leona Valley for the past 2 years and love this school. Leona Valley is a small town school where everyone watches out for each other. My children have made many great friends and I have too. Leona Valley has had many great activities for the children After School Movies,art and game day, Dances, Fall Festival,Talent Show,Ballroom dance, assemblies and much more. All children are treated equally and given the best care on and off the playground. The teachers are top notch and are providing my children with a great education. I know some people think that combo classes do not work...well let me tell you first hand they do! The teachers and aides have been teaching this way for years and are incredible! Myself and my children are looking forward to another great year at Leona Valley!!!

Posted June 11, 2014
Hi my name is Kaitlyn, I am a student Leona Valley school, and I just love this school! Their is a variety of school lunches, unlike my old school, which only served hot dogs. I never have had better friends than I do now. ( Including Amber, who posted her comment in December). The staff is excellent. Everyone treats each other like family. Plus, their are a lot of programs like drama, art, band, and much more! My favorite is the ballroom dance for 5th-8th graders. I am glad their is a junior high. That way ( since I am in 7th grade ) I can see my sister on campus. If you are looking for a great school for K-5-8th, this would be your school.

Posted June 10, 2014
I am a parent who has multiple children in Leona valley school and I can tell you that this is an extremely safe school for your child as well as an excellent education in academics. If you want an outstanding education for your child for your child this is the place! The kids are terrific the staff is excellent and the lack of a full time principal has been addressed and now for the second straight year she is there to address any issues. Now the seventh and eighth grade has been kept with the outstanding mr. Y still teaching. I could not ask for better for my children. God bless this school, a very happy parent.

Leona Valley Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2014
First of all there is an extreme lack of accountability & oversight at this school. My child was harassed for months before I switched schools. Zero tolerance for physical violence is not enforced. "Involved" parents are allowed to have their children with poor behavior overlooked as they are "involved" parents. It is an extremely small school & with that comes a lack of staff & support, that is definitely a problem. Many activities that are available at slightly larger schools are not available here (like holiday programs).If you have young children it is sad to miss those moments.Teachers & curriculum are decent, but obviously there is no trade off for violence, children's safety, or some cherished parent/child moments. This school is quite a drive from the AV as well, through mountains, not ideal for a commuter outside AV and an added expense. Obviously, I would not recommend this school. It is unfortunate for the teachers, as I think most of them are quite good. If you care about your children, skip this school, my child suffered a sprained finger, sprained wrist, then was ganged up on by multiple children. The 1st 2 dismissed as sports injuries, last one was the final straw.

Leona Valley Elementary School 0

Posted December 28, 2013
amber is my name AND I AM ASTUDENT AT LEONA VALLEY ELEMENTARY THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL BECAUSE WE HAVE FUN LEARNING AND FUN PLAYING IT IS INVOLVED IN A LOT OF PROGRAMS I ADVISE STUDENTS ENROLL HERE.

Leona Valley Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
Unlike the parent below, I LOVE this school! My child has done great and has enjoyed learning! I am looking forward to another year with our teacher! She is AMAZING! If your child needs to be challeneged more, I'm sure by talking with the teacher something could be worked out. Next year we will have a new principal who will be on site full time so Im sure things will be a little different. It's a small town, small school, but BIG hearts and dedication to the students. This school may not be right for everyone, but I would definately disagree that it is a bad school. Classes may be full, but no fuller than a larger school would be or is already. I think my childs progress compares perfectly next to his friends in the larger schools. All in all I am happy with this school and would reccommend it to anyone!

Leona Valley Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2013
I would not recommend this school for any family. All of the classes are combination classes. So, your child will have the same teacher for two years. I have worked in education for over thirteen years and there are better schools and teachers out there for your child. The principal works over two schools, so she is not at the school. I have called numerous times to talk to her and she was not even at the school. It took a week and a half for me to schedule an observation in my child's room- ridiculous! I also walked into the office one time and saw the secretaries reading a newspaper. I have also seen more rigor in other classrooms. The teachers are sort of relaxed because the principal is not there. My child came home with more busywork than content rich lessons. Even online schools provide more content rich and rigorous lessons than this school does. Also, in all my years of teaching I have never seen a school district give students three weeks off for Christmas and two weeks off for Spring Break. Where is the dedication to students and their education? They are definitely not looking out for your child with all classes combinations filled to the max at 30 students.

Posted June 19, 2012
My children didn't want to move schools, but once they started attending Leona Valley, they really enjoyed it. They sincerely enjoyed their teachers and made a number of close friendships. It is unfortunate to see the negative reviews for this school. It is difficult to please every individual and every circumstance. The teachers are very open and put forth tremendous effort to make the learning experiences for all of their students positive. A great school!

Posted April 13, 2012
Wow! What a shame. They get a different teacher every year or two and the same with principles. When they get to Jr High, High School and College, they will have to face the same thing. Most parent are more worried about dressing their kids up like little "adults" ranter than worrying about preparing them for life an the "real" world. I see no problem with the changing of teachers every few years. Let's face it...unless they don't pass the grade they are in...they are going to have a "NEW" teacher anyway. When they go out in the "real" world, they will have many changes in their jobs..including "NEW" bosses. You need to get a grip!!!!!!

Leona Valley Elementary School
9063 West Leona Avenue, Leona Valley, CA  93551
Last modified Leona Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leona Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top