Arroyo Seco Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2013
This school has had an unfortunate downward trend since the new principal arrived in 2012. She is much more concerned with locking down the school and protecting problem teachers than with improving the students' experience. Worse, she punishes these elementary school students in a way that goes far beyond what is necessary -- the number of suspensions since she arrived is disturbing, including at least two suspensions of children who had never been in trouble previously for infractions that could and should have been dealt with in another, age-appropriate manner. Her demeanor with parents, whether they are checking in a child or asking about a teacher, is condescending and dismissive. On the plus side, parent involvement seems quite high here compared with other schools we've attended, and the extracurriculars are impressive for a public school of this profile. Academics are, as at many schools, hit or miss - a few outstanding teachers, a few real problems, and most in the middle somewhere. PTA is very active. The afterschool program seems to be quite good. The socioeconomic mix is decent. With differently focused leadership, this school may be outstanding again.

Arroyo Seco Elementary School 5

Posted March 27, 2013
I just move here last year but my kids love this school :). They told me the teacher is nice and helpful

Arroyo Seco Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2012
We removed our child from this school after she was constantly bullied by certain students. Nothing significant was done about the situation and the bullying continued. My child was afraid to go to school. We have withdrawn our daughter from this school and she is thriving at her new public school. Her new school has a strong anti-bullying policy and more academic programs. As a parent and former teacher, I do NOT recommend Arroyo Seco!!!!

Arroyo Seco Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2011
I have three kids at Arroyo Seco and am generally pleased with this school. The teachers really make it all work-- dedicated, experienced, sincere. The parent involvement is high and any extra-curriculars come from parent-run programs now, due to state budget cuts. I really wish the PTA were more focused on learning programs and educational needs rather than parties and special events though. And please, please update our useless website! Any child who is willing to work and whose family is supportive at home can do well at this school. If anything, I would say the economically underprivileged and the English learners receive an disproportionate amount of attention and funds. I like the diversity and believe it is good for my kids. A very good school all around.

Posted April 19, 2010
Great teachers, parents and community. Things are tough for public schools in California & the Arroyo Seco community really works hard to make it a great place for the kids.

Posted April 19, 2010
Our school has a wonderful community feel to it with lots of smiling faces to greet us everyday. Between the hardworking teachers and the parents who volunteer tirelessly, we have the best school in the USA!

Posted April 19, 2010
I love knowing my grandchildren are going to such a great school.

Posted April 19, 2010
It has great teachers, students and it is in a great community. The staff at the front office are friendly. Everybody has a smile for you.

Posted April 19, 2010
The school is filled with great teachers and committed and friendly families.

Posted April 16, 2010
Arroyo Seco Elementary is a great school! the teachers are wonderful and always welling to work with the parents.

Arroyo Seco Elementary School
5280 Irene Way, Livermore, CA  94550
Last modified Arroyo Seco Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo Seco Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top