Posted September 07, 2014
I love Nichols!!!!! I have 6 children all have attended Nichols over the last 7 years. They have always had great teachers. Nichols is one of the older schools in Lodi, built in 1957. Cosmetically, it could use some updating, however the teachers/staff/PTA/Bridge Program, all go out of their way to make Nichols an exciting, & safe environment for children to learn, grow, & be accepted. Nichols has that old world charm, where everyone knows your name. Since most of the teachers are Christ followers, their servant hearts are very evident. Daily, & as one huge cohesive family, the teachers & staff strive to fulfill their passions & purpose to make a difference in a child's life. Nichols is a stellar school!

Leroy Nichols Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
I love nichols I have two kids one in first and one in grade all the staff is so friendly the students all know one anther and look out the the younger kids. ms. sherblon, mrs. tomson, mr. shinn, I dont think there is a bad teacher there. even the principle is always around and available with a smile on her face. this school knows their students personly I couldent be happier cant say the same for beckman

Leroy Nichols Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2008
I think Leroy Nichols is a diamond in the rough! My son has had the best teachers every year. He loves to go to school. The only thing I see as a 'problem' is the actual school itself, it's so drab and bleak, needs a fresh coat of paint and some updating!

Posted September 25, 2008
I am writing an excellent review based on my childs experience with his kindergarten teacher, Ms. Fugitani, and his 1st grade teacher, Ms. Tomson. Ms. Sherblon is also a great kindergarten teacher. These teachers really care about our kids and it shows.

Leroy Nichols Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2007
Leroy Nichols has the best teachers ever! They are awesome and each one has become like part of my family. The fundraisers held by the PTA are always attended by alot of families. Leroy Nichols Rocks!!

Leroy Nichols Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2006
The leadership in this school leaves much to be desired since Principal Menke retired approximately 8-9 yrs ago. I've had 4 children attend here during this time period. The current climate is very political and the leadership apparently has confused the teachers on how to grade with the new 1-4 grading system. It is unfair to the brighter children. 'A' students should have 4's however teachers have been told not to grade higher than a '3'? What's the catch? Sure parents could be more involved but who can afford it? Sure we could raise money via PTA but, how will it improve the education quality. Extracurricular activities are limited to the after school program but, no organized sports. Leroy Nichols is definitely not the school it used to be! At least it's what I understand after viewing it's ranks. Unfortunate situation for many good teachers and parents. We deserve better!

Posted August 29, 2005
I love this school! The principal is always ready to listen to parents on concerns for the children and/or problems they might have. My children also love their school. There are plenty of activities for the children and parents to do as a family. Fiesta night is a big hit ,along with the spagetti feed,fund raisers,talent show,christmas show,ice cream social,and the kids really love the days they can dress up,hat day,pajama day,backwards day ect. Test scores are on the rise. Out of all the elementary schools in Lodi I think my kids lucked out to be able to attend this one for all of their elementary school years!

Leroy Nichols Elementary School 3

Posted June 17, 2004
The school is dedicated to the growth and overall learning experience for my Kindergartener. I was impressed with the teacher and her support staff in their ability to get as much out of the students with very little involvement from the district or the parents for that matter. Nichols may not be the highest rated school but does provide every opportunity for each student to be the best they can be. I was disappointed in the lack of a true library nor a librarian. These should be the basic of a school however I've been away from elementary schools and I'm not sure if they are doing away with books?

Posted May 08, 2004
It's apparent that everyone at Leroy Nichols School is working hard to improve the test scores, and progress is being made. I wish more parents would get involved in their child's school life, I think that would boost their childs'self esteem. I think the PTA is strong but needs more direct parent involvement. The group works hard to develop programs for its' school families. It's very enjoyable to attend the Ice Cream Social, the Tamale Fiesta, the afterschool activies; like the Sock Hop and Disco Dance. The PTA, the staff and the Principal are working very hard to create a positive environment for the kids and their families. Keep your eye on this school - it's going places! P.S. The Principal is the best in the District!

Posted December 11, 2003
My children and I love Nichols school. I just wish the test scores can improve.I also feel that one particular office assistant can be more friendly considering she works close with our children and the public.The extracurricular activities are great!! It brings students,parents,and the community closer together.

Leroy Nichols Elementary School
1301 South Crescent Avenue, Lodi, CA  95240
Last modified Leroy Nichols Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leroy Nichols Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top