Bad
Good

I have 4 kids that go to this school.I like the staff here too.They are the best and nicest Staff I ever seen in the past school my children's have went too.Thanks so Much I really appreciate it.

I love Nichols!!!!! I have 6 children all have attended Nichols over the last 7 years. They have always had great teachers. Nichols is one of the older schools in Lodi, built in 1957. Cosmetically, it could use some updating, however the teachers/staff/PTA/Bridge Program, all go out of their way to make Nichols an exciting, & safe environment for children to learn, grow, & be accepted. Nichols has that old world charm, where everyone knows your name. Since most of the teachers are Christ followers, their servant hearts are very evident. Daily, & as one huge cohesive family, the teachers & staff strive to fulfill their passions & purpose to make a difference in a child's life. Nichols is a stellar school!

I love nichols I have two kids one in first and one in grade all the staff is so friendly the students all know one anther and look out the the younger kids. ms. sherblon, mrs. tomson, mr. shinn, I dont think there is a bad teacher there. even the principle is always around and available with a smile on her face. this school knows their students personly I couldent be happier cant say the same for beckman

I think Leroy Nichols is a diamond in the rough! My son has had the best teachers every year. He loves to go to school. The only thing I see as a 'problem' is the actual school itself, it's so drab and bleak, needs a fresh coat of paint and some updating!

I am writing an excellent review based on my childs experience with his kindergarten teacher, Ms. Fugitani, and his 1st grade teacher, Ms. Tomson. Ms. Sherblon is also a great kindergarten teacher. These teachers really care about our kids and it shows.

Leroy Nichols has the best teachers ever! They are awesome and each one has become like part of my family. The fundraisers held by the PTA are always attended by alot of families. Leroy Nichols Rocks!!

The leadership in this school leaves much to be desired since Principal Menke retired approximately 8-9 yrs ago. I've had 4 children attend here during this time period. The current climate is very political and the leadership apparently has confused the teachers on how to grade with the new 1-4 grading system. It is unfair to the brighter children. 'A' students should have 4's however teachers have been told not to grade higher than a '3'? What's the catch? Sure parents could be more involved but who can afford it? Sure we could raise money via PTA but, how will it improve the education quality. Extracurricular activities are limited to the after school program but, no organized sports. Leroy Nichols is definitely not the school it used to be! At least it's what I understand after viewing it's ranks. Unfortunate situation for many good teachers and parents. We deserve better!

Last modified Leroy Nichols Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.