Posted September 10, 2013
Barton may not score high as an overall school but let me tell you they have one of the best preschool teachers on this earth. Mrs.Judy McClain is an absolute godsend for my child and our family. I have nothing but positive experiences with their staff actually. Love Shawn (playground coach) and like I said Mrs. McClain is tops in our books.

Barton Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
Worst school ever. I only kept my son here for the whole year because he was only there for 3 hours in k. His teacher was great but the teacher next door got fired for smacking kids. I feel so bad for the kids that attend here. I can't wait to leave this school!

Posted May 14, 2013
I went to this school 6 years ago all the teachers i had were very helpful they try their best to teach us and the have good skills the teachers are nice but sometimes they are mean but they do that so we can learn and be prepared for the future. It is a great school the teachers are great and they make all that they teach as fun as possible for the students to be comfortable in class to learn i know Barton is a great school.

Barton Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2010
This is the worse school I have ever seen. This is my son's first year and it has been horrible. The leadership in this school is non existent. I feel sorry for the kids who attend here. My son will not be here next year hopefully the rest of this one. This school needs to fire everyone and start over.

Barton Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2010
My son and Neice have attended Barton all of their school years, the Teachers really care about the kids and what they learn. As Parents, I believe you get out of the school what you put into it. Not many Parents are involved yet expect Teachers to work miracles! Sadly some of them will be laid off this year, I know the work ethics of the Staff will suffer. I hope LBUSD finds other means to cut funding than the current plan. Barton is a good school, I hope it stays that way. LBUSD Parent

Posted September 09, 2009
I absolutely love this school! My son had a wonderful experience in the pre-school and kindergarten programs offered here. He tested advanced proficient in all areas. I do, however, wish that the office staff were a little bit more informed about the school and it's community. I also wish that more parents would be more active with the school.

Posted August 31, 2007
I love this school. My daughter began in 1st grade, and she had the most amazing teacher, In 2nd grade she had another amazing and wonderful teacher. The principal there is great she listens to your concerns, and she pretty much has an open door policy when it comes to the welfare of our children. I think that we as parents will continue to see positive things to come from this school. I feel that all of the parents should really get involved in their child's education and not depend on the school to raise and entirely educate your child like you should. So to rate this school below a 9 or 10 is not really a fair assessment. The parents should take just as much responsibility as the school staff.

Barton Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2007
Barton has always had a bad rep and I don't know why. Perhaps the people who talk about Barton don't know that we have good teachers and a good principal. Even though the office staff can be rude at times, they still try to get your questions answered. As a parent I suggest that everyone work together to make Barton have a good name instead of complaining about stuff. I like Barton and my kids like it too.

Barton Elementary School 0

Posted June 17, 2007
My child has now been going to this school a little over 2 years now and I won't bad mouth the school but it does needs changes in every area, I have ran into problems in which Teachers/Aids do not know how to handle many outspoken children. It seems to be ignored... I look forward when I can finally move and change schools. I could just imagine how this school was before if people say it's better now!

Barton Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2005

Barton Elementary School
1100 East Del Amo Boulevard, Long Beach, CA  90807
Last modified Barton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top