Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some teachers are amazing, some are good, some are there to do their job. Then they go home but others run clubs and do school events.

Amount of homework: Agree

It varies teacher to teacher so it is what it is. They are open to getting more though if you want it.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They have a character education program and give out awards for them. Students are all getting better especially my kids.

The school is getting better. It has gotten better every since Mr. Littlejohn for the three years ago. it has been amazing. My kids love the school. i have 3 kids there now. They are a STEM school and their STEM Expo is a great experience for students and parents! they have several Robotics Clubs and they said they got a huge grant for STEM for years to come! I am so excited and my group of parents live what's happening. The district better leave the principal here at the school. The school doesn't get enough credit and help from the school district so the teacher and principal are doing it all themselves.

Develops character: Agree

My child has told me that sometimes tells me that sometimes there are kids who lie when they get in trouble

My child loves this school. Their staff are so kind and loving they treat you like family!!!!!

Barton may not score high as an overall school but let me tell you they have one of the best preschool teachers on this earth. Mrs.Judy McClain is an absolute godsend for my child and our family. I have nothing but positive experiences with their staff actually. Love Shawn (playground coach) and like I said Mrs. McClain is tops in our books.

Worst school ever. I only kept my son here for the whole year because he was only there for 3 hours in k. His teacher was great but the teacher next door got fired for smacking kids. I feel so bad for the kids that attend here. I can't wait to leave this school!

I went to this school 6 years ago all the teachers i had were very helpful they try their best to teach us and the have good skills the teachers are nice but sometimes they are mean but they do that so we can learn and be prepared for the future. It is a great school the teachers are great and they make all that they teach as fun as possible for the students to be comfortable in class to learn i know Barton is a great school.

This is the worse school I have ever seen. This is my son's first year and it has been horrible. The leadership in this school is non existent. I feel sorry for the kids who attend here. My son will not be here next year hopefully the rest of this one. This school needs to fire everyone and start over.

Last modified Barton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.