No rating

Holy Innocents Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 149 students

Living in Long Beach

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $299,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,220.

Posted June 16, 2014

HIS is amazing! The teachers and administration are great, they treat the parents and children like family. The curriculum is spot on, preparing the children to be the leaders of tomorrow. Yes, it is rigorous and parents have to work with their children outside of the school. However, the teachers go thru great lengths to educate the children. The teachers are strict, but incredibly caring. They know their students weaknesses and strengths and really work with them to help them succeed. The principal is strict, she doesn't mess around. However, she is kind and understanding. The sense of family is very strong, everybody knows everybody's name. The parents are encouraged to participate in the functions that take place in the school. Overall, my son's experience has been great. He loves his school. I am comfortable dropping him off every morning, because I know I am leaving him in a school that offers a safe and nurturing environment. I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for a good school that enforces a strong curricula while installing morals and values to the students.

Posted May 10, 2013

LOVE it! So friendly, caring and helpful! I feel like my child is very safe here. Class sizes are a bit on the large size, but orderly. Teachers are direct and do not allow for the distractions and such that take place in other schools my daughter attended. They do a great job and they really care about each student.

Posted May 13, 2010

Absolutely Wonderful People so willing to help with any situation..

Posted April 22, 2009

My son is finishing 5th grade and has been there since kinder we are very happy with the support of the staff and the other parents.

Posted April 13, 2009

As a parent of student that attended HIS from K-8 graduating on to Poly High School as a member of the PACE Program, I am very satisfied with the academic and religious education my son received at this school. Initially I was concerned with uniform policy that included wearing a tie, eventually I learned to appreciate it. From kinder to 4th grade, my son's classes were large, but the classes never felt crowded. I spent many of my parent hours volunteering in the office or classroom and had the opportunity to observe strong bonds and relationships built between the administration, faculty, staff, parish with the students. Many of the relationships forged between my son and his classmates remain in place today. His 8th grade class had a total of 23 students, 17 of the students had been together since kinder. I found that to be quite special. HIS is a special.

Posted February 17, 2009

I graduated a while back from HIS. 2 of my 4 kids graduated from HIS & I have another currently enrolled & 'maybe' one in Sept. I have to agree with a prior post re: the prior principal- she knew the kids & families & was very personable. There have been quite a few changes since the parish got a new pastor which I think have been partly the cause for the problems in the school. Although most of the teaching staff remain the same, there are some difficulties communicating with the office staff. I've called a few times to ask for info & most times the sec'y does not know the answer nor will she volunteer to find out or pass a message along to someone that can assist me. I've heard of problems from other parents & I'd pull my kid out too if I couldn't get resolution.

Posted September 18, 2008

I have two kids. One currently in 4th, and one who graduated at Holy Innocents. I was very happy in 2005-06 because the prinipal was great. They recently have changed the prinipals and it has been a total disaster. Pleaseplease dont believe that this school is 5 stars in prinipal leaderchip. Teacher quality is 5 stars. Parent Involvement is awful. There is no parent involvment ! Safety and discipline is 4stars. If you want to go to a good Cathloic School, send your child to St. Lucy , St. Joseph , St. Cypian , St. Anthony. Anything But Holy Innocents ...

Posted September 16, 2007

My children are very happy at holy innocents and I love the fact that it is a small school were everyone knows everyone. It's like a home away from home!

Posted July 24, 2006

My child is in the 3rd grade and has been attending since the 1st grade. Yes, the class size is large for a private school; however, each class has a full-time teachers assistant. This adds value to my childs learning. She gets all the individual attention that she needs. I also like that they provide an excellent tutoring for Reading, and are dialed into the Lng Bch Unified school district, which allows my child to attend summer school. I am very pleased with the education my child is receiving; and the religious & moral values that she is learning is great too!

Posted December 22, 2005

Kindergarten classes way too large did not sent child to a private school for large classes

Posted August 11, 2004

The teacher and staff are really wonderful. I couldn't be happier about the quality of this school in all aspects and I just couldn't ask for much more.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 11%

• Sr. Mary Elizabeth Barbosa
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2500 Pacific Avenue