No rating

St. Anthony Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 167 students

Living in Long Beach

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $188,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Posted February 13, 2013

My son loves this school. This is his 4th year there and he is doing well. He is learning a lot, playing on the sports teams and really enjoying his school experience. The teachers are very loving and I feel that my child is safe there.

Posted February 19, 2012

Teachers genuinely care for student's education, safety, religious studies and parent input. This school has more to offer than test taking skills. There is real rigor and there is exposure to ALL subjects, that are readily ignored in public school. My children truly enjoy their teachers and the shool climate.

Posted October 6, 2010

I have two daughters enrolled here. One in 8th and the other in 4th grade. Both have been there since pre-k. The education and the emotional support that they have gotten from staff and friend at SAES is outstanding. My daughters both cheer and play sports. They have a strong faith base and know that they are very special. When a 13teen girl loves to go to school, then they're doing something right.

Posted August 10, 2010

We have had our child enrolled at St. Anthony's since PK and he is currently entered into 8th grade. We could not have asked for a better school, our child is one of the top students in his class. The teachers at St. Anthony are wonderful and care about their students. St. Anthony isn't just a school, it becomes your second family. How often do you feel a sense of community/family at a public school? We highly recommend St. Anthony Elementary. Give them a call.

Posted May 13, 2010

St. Anthony Elementary has good academics, a wonderful intimate atmosphere and the children seem to respect each other.

Posted September 13, 2008

As a parent of two, Im expecting catholic schools is a better school and can provide a better education. Im very dissapointed that St. Anthony elementary school cannot provide the good quality of care to my child. Teacher needs more training in parent involvement. I also agreed to one of the comments here that it that SAES has no differences to public school. Teacher act likes they were teaching in public schools. SAES lack of equipment during break time. Lack of teacher aides. Lack of curriculum and Does not have structure teaching techniques And one dissapointment i encountered when it comes to judgemental statement to the student and parent. School needs more improvement for teacher quality, extracurricular activities and discipline procedures as well as leadership.

Posted August 29, 2008

St. Anthony Elementary School is a great school. I have two children in the school both who started in Pre-K. My children have learned so much at this school, not only in academics, but also in religion, morals, faith, family and friendship. I recommend St. Anthony Elementary School to everyone I meet. Give them a call, you won t be disappointed.

Posted November 29, 2007

My oldest son went to SAES from Kindergarten through eighth grade and is currently a senior at Saint Anthony High School. I also have a son in seventh grade and a daughter in kindergarten at SAES. I have seen the changes over the years and both schools have improved tremendously. The current ratio of students to teacher is around 20 to 1.The teachers are very helpful and you can see that they genuinely care about their students. One of the biggest changes has been the Parent Teacher Organization. It has gotten stronger as parent participation has increased. I know that I made the right decision to keep my kids at SAES and SAHS and I plan on keeping them here until they they graduate and go on to college.

Posted August 15, 2007

I have just signed my daughter up for middle school at SAES. I was very pleased to see the new additions to the school and I also had the opportunity to meet one of the new teachers. She was so friendly and my daughter is very excited to return to school now. I think that the new principal has made amazing progress in turning this school around in the past two years. The school bulliten advertises new classes to challenge middle school students, and I am excited to see new teachers who will have high learning expectations. I bet that the parents who gave mediocre reviews will change their tunes soon... I also know that a few children who left the school have returned this year. New Parents: The parking lot is a very secure area, gated on all sides, and monitored by adults always, not a main thuroughfare. Join the

Posted June 5, 2007

This is my first year at SAES and I must say, I'm disappointed. I expected so much more since it was a private school. SAES is not advanced more than public school. The children play in the school parking lot without playground equipment. My child walks around during recess and lunch time. The parents are very involved with the school, the school just needs to improve. SAES needs to make improvements inside and outside.

Posted May 26, 2007

My child is Middle school level and is also doing well academically. However, the school needs to be more challenging. The public schools are becoming more challenging especially in college prep programs. St Anthony's need to catch up with academics. Private schools are known for being more advanced academically then this. I think that they are behind in academic studies compared to other private schools and the LBUSD Middle school programs. Prices are rising for the school, but nothing extra is happening for the children. But the Staff is great.

Posted March 19, 2007

My son has been at this school since kindergarten and is currently in the 7th grade. He has been doing exceptionally well, although not challenged enough. The classes are small and the teachers are always available for parents. Parent involvement is better in the lower grade levels than in the higher ones. We are currently going through some tough transitions, and I hope that the parents will be supportive of the skilled teachers that have given so much of their time and teachings to the students at this school.

Posted February 13, 2007

I have 2 children attending SAES, my oldest is going on her 6th year at the school. The curriculum is challenging and the teachers provide one on one tutoring weekly. The parents are highly involved with their children's education and its a tight nit community. They keep a small class size (usually around 25 children). Its a great school with awesome teachings of morals and values.

Posted November 2, 2004

St. Anthony is a good size for more personal contact with all of the staff at the school. My daughter will know most of her classmate, as well as the rest of the school throughout her years here. The curriculum is good and there are plans for an even stronger academic program. There is also a good moral basis for the children to follow.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 11%

• Mrs. Priscilla Doorbar
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

855 East 5th Street