No rating

Los Altos Brethren School

Private | K-6 | 125 students

We are best known for excellent education & music.

Posted February 19, 2014

Our daughter is in Kindergarten at Los Altos Brethren this year. We searched both private and public schools before we finally found this amazing school. They have a developmental approach to education, so they learn through play and through hands-on experiences. They cover all of the traditional school curriculum--math, english, etc--but also do art, social studies through blocks, music, p.e., cooking. There is limited homework that takes my daughter about 30 minutes per week. The student-to-teacher ratio is outstanding. Parents can help in the classroom. The program is an optional full-day, which is great to help your child transition into a full day of school, five days per week. One benefit of the small class sizes is that the teachers really get to know your child, can identify any challenges the child may be having, and work with the parents to solve the issue pretty immediately. This is by far the best school out there if you want to instill a love of learning in your child from day one. The teachers and staff here love these children and only want the best for them. We couldn't be happier with the school and highly recommend it.

Posted May 7, 2012

This is an amazing school with high academic standards, great environment, band program, arts, computer, low teacher/child ratio and great families. I sent all 4 of my children there and couldn't be happier.

Posted November 14, 2011

What an amazing school. Both my sons went to pre-school and elementary school at Los Altos Brethren. My oldest son graduated from 6th grade and transfered to a "public" middle school and has flouished! He fit right in, made a group of great friends, is active in music and makes all A's! My youngest son is still at Los Altos and looks forward to going to school everyday. He is excited to learn because of all the great learning opportunities - and field trips! His teachers are the best - and make "learning" fun! Our principal has strong leadership skills, is hands in the classroom and on the playground and knows every student by name! Los Altos Brethren has truly prepared my bosy for higher learning!

Posted May 31, 2011

My boys went to preschool here for one year before Kindergarten. The preschool staff is wonderful. My kids were nutured and taught many skills. They each had a teacher that was such a great fit for them. I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted May 29, 2011

We finally found the Christian school that we have longed for! My youngest child is about to complete his first year at Los Altos Brethren, and we just love the place! It's what we've wanted all along in a Christian school, as we have been so disappointed by other "Christian" schools that, despite their own rules and supposed disciplinary systems in place, have allowed too many problem students, parents and even teachers create a negative environment. Los Altos Brethren is spiritually and academically rich, providing a school environment and experience that cannot even be compared to the other Christian schools that my 3 children have attended. From the first time I stepped on campus and attended a chapel service, I was amazed at the difference I observed in the students' behavior and attitudes. They were respectful yet participating and truly enjoying their time at school. These are the same students that have been so friendly and welcoming of my child, the "new kid." And the music program is AMAZING...a nice little bonus about being at this school. We are so very happy with Los Altos Brethren. I wish we would have found Los Altos Brethren 10 years and 2 children ago!

Posted April 14, 2011

I call this school my "Little House on The Prairie"!! There is no greater reward than living in the middle of a big city and having the blessings of a small school. Both my children have received an excellent education while thriving developmentally and emotionally. Los Altos Brethren is truly "One of a kind".

Posted February 23, 2011

I wish I could give this school (at least) 10 stars!!! I had such a great experience going to school here from pre-k through 6th grade! My faith was planted and grown here with the love and support of the wonderful staff and fellow students and families! The teachers are incredible and have a very tangible style of teaching that engages and challenges students to do their best everyday, in and out of the classroom. The music department is also spectacular! I am so greatful that my roots are at this school & I would recommend it to anyone! The things you will get out of attending this school will be indescribable!!

Posted August 24, 2009

My son attended preschool and just graduated the 6th grade. The schools was awesome, very good christian foundation and values. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 15, 2009

We have had kids from Kindergarten through 6th grade and its been a great experience. Great kids and great learning!

Posted June 8, 2006

We couldn't be more pleased with this school. We have graduaed from the pre-school and now I have two kids in the elementary. School is developmentally based, strong Christian values, very low student to teacher ratio. One class of every grade. Faculty knows all kids by name. Great music program. Kind and caring staff. Couldn't have picked a better place to lay a strong foundation for elementary school. Parents are very involved.

Posted August 31, 2004

We had 4 year old in preschool 2 days a week for 10 months. We think highly of Los Altos Grace Brethren and recommend without reserve. The wonderful spiritual addition to the curriculum is the added bonus.

Posted August 3, 2004

My son went to preschool here and we thought that he learned alot and the all the staff new who he was and were very courtieous and helpful. Our son love's to go to school and learn. Its academics is great.

Posted August 22, 2003

Our daughter attended school here from pre-school to 6th. We believe the high quality of teachers contributed greatly to her high standards of education and christian values.

Arts & music

• Choir / Chorus
  • Instrumental music lessons
Clubs
  • Yearbook

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mr. Rick Lenger
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Band
  • Choir / Chorus
  • Instrumental music lessons

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook