Posted June 02, 2014
We are thrilled with the education my daughter has at Archer. The teachers are engaged. Somehow they have created at atmosphere of achievement with all girls that is supportive and inclusive. The outdoor education through NOLS has made a signifant impact on my daughter's confidence and team building skills. I'm so impressed by the school's approach to learning and their attention to the whole child. We are very fortunate to be there.

Posted May 05, 2013
Archer is above and beyond our expectations! The head of school, Elizabeth English has me at hello when we toured the school. She gives an incredibly persuasive argument as to "why an all-girls education" - This is my daughter's first year at Archer as a 7th grader. She is thriving both academically and socially. For a private school in Los Angeles, this school has a very down to earth feel as well as more diversity than many of the others we toured. I am giving a grade of A+++++++

Posted January 02, 2013
I can't say enough good things about Archer. My daughter has been inspired in so many ways by the teachers and programs at Archer that it's impossible to list them all. Suffice to say that she has decided on a career path in science, blossoming in both science and math while at Archer. All of her teachers have been approachable and supportive, in addition to challenging, and you won't find a more visionary principal than Elizabeth English. Opportunities for parents to be involved abound, and the administration really does listen to parent concerns. Parental involvement coupled with the smaller size provides many opportunities for close relationships between teachers and students, teachers and parents, students themselves and parents too.

Posted November 20, 2012
My daughter will be graduating in June, 2013 after attending Archer for seven years. Her experience has been outstanding. She excelled in all classes and many sports and was noted by her teachers for each achievement. She has confidence, drive, and a desire to learn and make the world a better place. It has been proven that girls do better in single-sex schools and Archer is the educational institution for it. With its diverse population and unique campus, the girls enjoy a learning experience that is not available anywhere else in Los Angeles.

Posted November 08, 2012
Archer has exceeded my expectations for all 3 of my daughters' educations. The first graduated in 2003 with high honors and went on to study at St. Andrews in Scotland. The middle school is a perfect blend of academics and FUN! The curriculum, supported with cutting edge teaching methods, develops each girl to their greatest potential. I see Archer as one of the BEST GIRLS schools in AMERICA.

Posted November 07, 2012
Archer has transformed my daughter. After one year at Archer, she exudes confidence, a willingness to take risks, and above all, despite these hormonally charged years, she continues to be caring, respectful, and compassionate. I am forever grateful to the Archer faculty and administration who employ innovative teaching techniques inside and outside the classroom and always strive higher. Head of School, Elizabeth English, is taking this school into the 21st Century by employing the latest research based teaching techniques, integrating the latest technology, and embarking on a campus plan that will provide new facilities that are equal to the caliber of the faculty, administration and students. Above all, unlike many middle schools, the Archer parent community is warm and inclusive. Not only does Archer prepare our girls, but they educate the parents to form a cohesive partnership in our girls' learning.

Posted May 16, 2012
the academics are as if not more challenging than other independent schools however the support is like no other school I've investigated. the girls are poised intellectuals. Every girl is a high achiever with the support as opposed to pressure. I wish it were closer to my home as my daughter attends Marlborough and her friends who go to Archer are learning the same material with smiles and eagerness rather than ulcers.

Posted April 16, 2012
At every turn I see the School making shrewd decisions and raising up all the Archer girls to be tomorrow's leaders. We know Campbell Hall, Buckley, Harvard Westlake from the good experiences of our older kids... Archer is just so impressive, again and again and again.

Posted November 10, 2011
This school is flawless. There is nothing wrong with it at all! I'm in 6th grade there, and within the first 2 days of school we were all best friends. None of the girls are catty or mean what-so-ever. I have been to 3 other schools before Archer, and this is the first year I'm actually being challenged. The teachers are so purely kind, and you can always go to them. The work load is completely manageable for me, and I do dance for days a week. This school is amazing!!

Posted December 04, 2010
Archer is terrific. I don't believe that the money you pay is a waste. I go there.

The Archer School For Girls
11725 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90049
Last modified The Archer School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
The Archer School For Girls Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top