Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (5 responses)

Progress is slow, maybe the kids will learn how to read and write better this year...yes, its lacking in academics and there are no real science programs. What happened? Where did the funding go? no accountability for the last principal expenditures so our kids pay the price and go with out science? This is a promising school... The carrot at the end of the stick is that its a feeder school LACES! but is it worth going to school and not being prepared? No computer time, no classes being taught to work on these skills. This school would benefit greatly from an after school program that taught a sport and created teamwork. It could use some enthusiasm. One good thing is that its after school program improved! Parents should speak up collectively more often. If you sign your kid up for this magnet be prepared to home school them at the same time so they won't fall behind.

AMEN! Our prayers were answered! There is a new secretary in the office!! No more bad attitude when you come to say hello or ask for info. Education is still a bad! Why should our kids suffer?? We need better teachers!!

Things are looking up at Mid-City Magnet. Don't let the previous reviews dissuade you from visiting the school. We have a new principal and the tide of change is here. We have a positive attitude and teachers are working hard to help our children succeed. Let what's in the past be just that. The focus is academics and the ability each of us has to assist our children to achieve their best potential is our goal. My child overall is doing well at Mid-City elementary. My job as a parent is ongoing. Our job as a community is to empower our kids to look to other resources such as libraries, documentaries, new papers, museums and local issues to teach them too. I don't leave all the responsibility to the school. Come see for yourself how well this school is doing. Check in at the front office as an observer, don't interrupt the class. Make up your own mind. Sincerely, a Proud Mid-City Prescott parent

I, too received a phone call that district has stepped up and removed the principal. This is very good news. Accent on VERY. I am putting three stars because we now have a fighting chance to make MidCity great. This is a real opportunity to change lives. Does every parent understand that a high school graduate only earns 62 percent as much as a college grad? Google it. MidCity feeds one of the highest rated Middle/High schools in the state of California. This is a gift. Prior to now the old principal did not support this relationship. We now can all step up and do what we can for our child and the MidCity community to get our kids on track to be successes in elementary school middle school and high school. Let's step up and jump on this real opportunity.

UPDATE: I have just heard the principal was removed! I personally know of a parent at this school who was removed from the School Site Council (a parent volunteer) out of retaliation by the principal for asking questions about the title 1 monies and budget decisions. LAUSD obviously supports this kind of behavior by it's principals, because she is still at the school. I have been to the SSC meetings and they are a JOKE. I have even seen the principal talk back and humiliate a district administrative employee at one meeting and was mortified for the poor woman. The principal is a bully to the parents and staff and needs to be removed for this school to succeed.

This is a small school that has a lack of parent cooperation and communication. Only a few teachers are well prepared.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There are no award ceremonies to celebrate the children doing well. There are some sort of Mid City currency the children receive, but what those fake dollars buy, I have no idea and neither does my child. The school could care less if your child is a good citizen. I would describe it best as a baby prison. Treat all children as future criminals!

Amount of homework: no rating

My child's teacher actually complained during the parent teacher conference that my child did too much, too comprehensive of work. First time I've ever had that complaint from a teacher. The extra mile and curiosity is discouraged at this school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students needs are ignored here. There is a culture of yelling at this school that is so toxic my child often got in the car at the end of the day and wept.

Do you have both the time and money to send your child to therapy to undue the damage from being constantly screamed at by staff members? Do you have the time to lodge complaints with both the principal and the district all of which will be ignored? Would you like to send your child to a school where the district has sent in mediators to deal with parent complaints? If so this is the school for you!

Last modified Mid-City's Prescott School Of Enriched Sciences is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.