K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We love New World! Two of our children attended New World, and we were extremely happy with our experience there. Our oldest son started at a fancy private school, and it was a disaster. He came to New World mid-year with little enthusiasm for school. Within a week, he was happy with school again. We definitely credit Miss Vivi for turning him around and working through the tough transition with him. The preschool was fantastic for our middle son - Miss Marissa is so kind and patient and in tune with the kids' needs. They are extremely flexible and really tailor the learning process to your child's strengths and weaknesses. Our kids became so much more independent and confident after being at New World, and they truly looked forward to school every day. We only left because we moved out of LA, otherwise son #3 would be starting this year!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are truly what make this school special. They are so dedicated to the students and the school, and they are very easy to stay in contact with.

We absolutely love this school! My daughter began in the toddler program at age 2, and she is now finishing 2nd grade at NWMS. It is a loving, caring place, where your child will learn at or above grade-level. The Montessori philosophy treats each child with respect, and encourages independence and self-discipline. Even at the toddler age, it was amazing to see our daughter's development, which set the foundation for preschool and beyond. I remember being nervous about potty training, and they literally had it done in one week! The pre-school is amazing, and ALL of the children are learning beyond their years, which continues through kindergarten and elementary. The teachers work with the students individually, and as a group, so every child s personality and learning style is taken into account. It is reasonably priced, and the education is superior to many more expensive schools. It takes some parents a little getting used to the Montessori method, but you will not be disappointed with the results! Math, reading, science, as well as manners, and a true love of learning that will serve your child for a lifetime. As you can see, I can t say enough good things about this school.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent the teachers the staff everything about this school is top notch. The PK and K teachers are just wonderful educators and people. You really can't go wrong with any grade level at New World Montessori.

Best Preschool with best teachers , high quality, I love this school and i am so happy and proud to say my son is going to this School... Love the overall attitude of the school. Teachers are so loving and respect kids as an individual and guide them, its a pleasure to see how they handle kids!!

My 3 1/2 year old has been at the school for about a year now, and we've been very pleased. After having a terrible time with a small, home Montessori school, this place was a delight. My son loves it, we've had no issues at drop-off (which we struggled with at his previous school). He's learned great social skills and self-discipline. Both of these are as important to future success as topical learning, which we have no complaints with that either there. When he wasn't wanting to sit at circle time at first, they were patient and loving with him. We appreciate the healthy, hot lunch option and the sugar-free environment. We and he also love the extra-curricular activities that are offered for kids who stay at afternoon care. We'd rather do other things on the weekends with him then cart him to soccer. After my previous experience, I thought child care and difficulty solving issues naturally went hand in hand, but at NWMS, my experience has been very different.

Maybe fine for ages 7 and under as a day-care and kindergarten. It is a safe environment for younger kids, but NOT a good school for 3rd grade and up for the money. You can find better. Principal is defensive and seems to only care abt money. The staff turnover is high. The upper elementary teacher hides from parents and they don't do a good job teaching math.

New World Montessori is an incredible school. Our daughter started in their infant class and is currently in the toddler class. NWMS is a wonderful environment for a young mind to grow. The teachers and staff are all very warm and open, and we couldn't be happier. Our daughter learns something new every day. We often get comments on how advanced she is when people hear her counting or her vocabulary, and we know a large part of that is because of NWMS. We are expecting a second child and it wasn't even a second thought that she'll also be attending this wonderful school.

As a professional I have spent over 20 years helping parents navigate the school system for the specific needs of their children. When it came time for me to do the same for my family, I feared that it was going to be a difficult journey. I am glad to say that NWM turned out to be the perfect fit for my child and I have since referred many families to the school, particularly families with gifted children whom were not allowed to work above their grade level at very highly rated elementary schools. The teachers are top notch and I cannot say enough about how much I appreciate the welcoming front line administrative team. Parent involvement is not mandatory however there is a very real presence of parents on-site. Many of the parents who work full-time tend to contribute with their vast intellectual knowledge (designers, doctors, researchers, grad students), and my child has benefitted from every second she has spent in this community. Thank you Ms. Yasmine for the incredible school you have created!

We have two children there - one started in the infant program and is now in the toddler program and we have another one that started in the toddler program and is now in Kindergarten at NWMS. We couldn't be happier with the what our kids have learned and how they have flourished. Most of our experience is in the infant - preschool where we found the teachers to be incredibly warm, caring and understanding. It is hard enough to leave your babies for an entire day but, knowing that the teachers we leave them with treat the kids with respect and love and give them their foundation in learning and being good people for a lifetime makes NWMS a great choice. Thank goodness for Ms. Yasmeen, her team of teachers and Ms. Romy! They have helped our family tremendously by operating such a wonderful school.

Last modified New World Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-6