Public charter
Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 20, 2014
Hello, good evening! My name is Luiz, I'm 17 years old and I'm brazilian! I have a dream, study in a international school! So, I'm looking for an exchange! Please, can you help me ?? Sincerely yours, Luiz.

Posted September 17, 2014
New West is an amazing school. I have a 7th grader and one in 6th. I think what sets New West apart from other schools is the teachers. My daughters come home every day excited and informed of all the curriculum. My daughters have relationships and a voice with all their teachers. No matter what they have access anytime to receive help. This school shapes the whole child. My daughter has advanced in their dance program and really is excited every morning to get up and learn something new. We have been in other schools where my kids were very unhappy and what a difference in their attitude when thy're thriving and enjoying. If your thinking of sending your child I recommend it 1000 times over

Posted August 26, 2014
New West is an exceptional school. My son began as a 6th grader and is now in 10th grade and I have seen him internalize the school's values of holding oneself to high standards and taking responsibility for one's work and actions. He is eager to learn and to feel challenged by his teachers. There's a warmth and camaraderie among the students and teachers that I have rarely seen in other schools. The students seem smart, confident, poised and cheerful and the campus has a refreshing lack of snobbishness. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 25, 2014
As a parent of two children at the school, I really did literally "win the lottery" (admission is fair - your number is pulled out of a hat or it isn't). Everyone who is at this school wants to be there, so the parent participation is outstanding and high. The facility is beautiful and technologically advanced, the staff is amazing (outside-the-box teaching as needed with enthusiasm and passion) and the administration is experienced and dedicated. Kids can be themselves at this school, whether your child has an IEP, is into sports, is learning how to play an instrument, is a reader or dancer - there is something for everyone at this school. Are there limitations? Of course - there are at any school, and it may not be the right fit for your child. There is no field, there is a strict transportation policy, kids and parents must volunteer, etc. The pros far outweigh the cons, at least for my family.

Posted August 22, 2014
Wow! that is all can say. My child will be a Jr. at New West in a few days, and has been a New West Student since the 6th grade. I cannot say enough about the quality and caring of the teachers and staff. The school leadership is awesome as well. All focus seeing the big picture, the students doing the best they can and succeeding in life and school. Yes, they have rules, and yes, it is not for everybody. This is a school for parents who are involved and want to see their child happy, self confident and smart, in a safe and friendly environment. No, this school is not for everybody, no school is. My child is of mixed race and is very comfortable with all the students, parents and staff. It is a pleasure when seeing them about as to how well all the kids behave and the respect they have for themselves and others. WE so need more schools like this one!!!

Posted August 21, 2014
New West is truly a wonderful gem. It is a high performing charter school with heavy parent involvement. I am the parent of a seventh grader this school year who for the first time is actually excited to go back to school. My student thrives in the environment that New West fosters which in my opinion is, academic excellence while also nurturing independence and leadership... among other fantastic attributes!

Posted August 21, 2014
All three of my children have attended New West middle school. Two of my children are attending the high school(New West didn't have a high school when my first child finished middle school) From students to teachers to administration the school has been first rate. Every time I have had requests for my children I can always speak with an administrator timely. The teachers care tremendously and almost all of them form a strong alliance with the students. All the parents have to volunteer at least 16 hours a year and that is a great model for our children. My children have received a top notch education at the school. They It is one of the highest performing schools in the city. It is in a wonderful neighborhood in West Los Angeles and it is housed in a building that was designed for the school. It is quite nice. I would recommend it highly. It is small and there is a small playground. That is my only concern. However they utilize a large park right nearby.

Posted August 20, 2014
New West is a truly great school. The Teachers are of the highest caliber and are dedicated to providing their students with an exceptional education. New West students don't just learn information by rote - they are taught how to think creatively and independently. The Principal and Vice Principal are simply amazing and dedicated to the well being of all students. This is the start of my 8th year as a New West parent and I can honestly say that New West has always put students and their best interests first, no matter how difficult the situation. I look forward to another 6 years at New West Charter!

Posted August 20, 2014
New West is a great option for a parent thinking outside the box and wanting a school for their child that focuses on the individual, while promoting excellent core values.

Posted June 29, 2014
New West is an outstanding school both for their middle and high school program. The break the mold of poor quality public education in LA - thanks to their relentlessly hard working Principal, administration team and teachers. With over 1000 applicants this year alone for only a handle full of open admission spots - the only heartbreak for parents is that their is not enough spaces for the enormous demand for entry. Keep up the stellar work New West - but please look at opening up additional campuses across LA!!

New West Charter School
1905 Armacost Ave, Los Angeles, CA  90025
Last modified New West Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New West Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 105 reviews. Top