Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

New West Charter School 5

Posted April 14, 2016
We are a 6th grade family here at New West and have only had the ABSOLUTE BEST experience with the teachers, staff and principal at the school. Our son started out very happy and even commented that he never knew "learning could be so much fun!" 2 months into the school year, he started having a really hard time coping with the academic and social demands of 6th grade. We were very concerned and the teachers, staff and principal responded quickly, efficiently and empathetically. They were all there helping our son and us. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about the support we have received from the school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 14, 2016
Mrs. Barnett is the most caring and responsive principal I've ever met. Very happy she is at New West

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 14, 2016
This school handled sensitive issues with discretion, care and great concern. The teachers really care about their students.

New West Charter School 5

Posted April 13, 2016
I am a senior at New West Charter. I couldn't have asked for a better school and overall community to have learned in. Fantastic teachers and curriculum.

New West Charter School 3

Posted April 08, 2016
Hi, I am a prospective parent to New West. My daughter is on the waitlist for 6th grade next year. I am concerned about the recent comments and high staff turnover. Can someone please elaborate? It seems this school is run more like a business than a caring nurturing learning environment. Is it all a façade? There have been great reviews over the years and many red flag comments lately. I would love to hear from more parents, staff and students to help our family make this very stressful decision. Thanks!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 29, 2016
Mr Herrera as he is such an amazing teacher in such a school that no no longer values anyone

New West Charter School 1

Posted March 29, 2016
This school got lost in the process of making a high school. I'm so glad it's my daughters last year for middle school. My oldest son had a very different experience when he went there as the school had not expanded. This's school year the school, lost over 16 staff members. Some of their best and reasoned teachers are now gone. Why? It's sad to see how the high expectations are no longer there.... It's really sad to see how such a high performing school isn't a glimpse of what it used to be. This year we lost teachers and staff members mid year! Look elsewhere...

New West Charter School 4

Posted March 29, 2016
Hello this is a student and I would like to shout out this school. It has the most amazing environment. I have learned so much since I've been here since 6th grade. You have to give it a shot before shutting down the school. This is the biggest hype on upcoming schools. Shoutout to the Front office people. An Straka.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 29, 2016
Straka the best Teacher and Vice Principal at new west. He has done such a great job after taking over. No regrets on this move.

New West Charter School 1

Posted March 27, 2016
This school is only great if you fit their mold -- no IEP, no thinking outside their box, no outside interests, no asking questions, no interest in interacting with teachers or administration. You either buy-in to their way 100%, or "there are plenty of people on the waiting list that would be happy to take your place." They are so focused on making the high school a success that they have let the middle school go downhill (what a shame as it used to be terrific), and the high school is a mess. Many teachers have left (under secrecy -- no explanations, just silence), which speaks volumes. Our family once felt so lucky that our lottery number was picked. We wasted years hoping this school was as good as they want to be.

1905 Armacost Ave, Los Angeles, CA  90025
Last modified New West Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.