Los Angeles, CA

Posted October 26, 2014
The best school in the Valley, hands down. Administrations, faculty, parents, and kids - all top notch.

Posted October 21, 2014
We are beyond happy here. Our boys thrive and the teachers are so supportive and interested in their students. Class sizes are capped out at 20-something and their are normally 2 teachers per class, which is nice. Great place!! Friendly environment and parents are allowed to come on campus any time. Their not shunned at the door like some of the other private schools.

Posted April 05, 2014
Wesley is a great blend of traditional and progressive. It's small and quaint, but not oppressively small. My son has enjoyed Kinder through 2nd grade thus far. He is growing and evolving and I am kept up to speed and armed with information as we go. I have no regrets choosing this school over Campbell Hall, at least for elementary school. I feel a large school is not really an asset during this time.

Posted February 27, 2014
Wesley is a wonderful environment, academically competitive and the staff is very supportive. The anti-bullying policy is strictly enforced. My kids are happy, happy kids and love going to school every day. The new head of school has made some excellent choices on recent hiring of teachers, replacing others that needed to go.

Posted January 25, 2014
We moved our two children to Wesley beginning this academic year from one of the top LAUSD elementary schools (which they both loved). I have to say they couldn't be happier!!! My oldest child would have slipped through the cracks at any other school and my younger child is given all the space he/she needs. Every single kid at the school gets the opportunity to speak at Chapel and everyone: upper, lower, staff, parents support each other in a way I haven't seen before. I am happy with the academics and sports -- and the character building is over and beyond what anyone could expect. No sign of bullying. No matter what I have to say I, as a parent, am listened to at the very least. More ethnic diversity than at most privates, I wish there was more understanding for families with same sex parents though -- my one struggle is the fact that quite a few families are conservative (from an LA point of view at least). A gem of a school that is still not that well known. I highly recommend it.

Posted January 15, 2014
My son is a freshman at an academically rigorous High School, and thanks to the middle school program at Wesley, he's incredibly well prepared. Wesley gave him the academic foundation, taught him the value of building relationships with his teachers, and prepared him to thrive in a challenging environment. Beyond academics, Wesley fostered the self confidence and drive that helped insure a smooth transition into High School.

Posted September 19, 2013
I grew up in a tight-knit community, so it s important to me as a parent that my kids feel loved, supported and encouraged the way I was as a child. My son is a bit shy and can struggle in social situations, but since he started at Wesley a year ago, his confidence has grown tenfold and he s really starting to blossom and come into his own. This past spring, he performed well at a district wide chess tournament and was recognized during chapel to a rousing applause. My son didn t stop smiling for days! He felt so loved and supported by his peers, his teachers and the entire Wesley family. He ll never forget that moment, nor will I. Sending him to Wesley was hands-down the best decision we could have made; we love everything about it, as does he. As the saying goes, it takes a village to raise a child, and I couldn t have picked a better village to help mold, educate and prepare my son for his journey in life.

Posted September 16, 2013
I am a parent of a first grader at Wesley. I dropped in the other day to take my daughter her lunch. (which I forgot to give her) As I peeked into the classroom, I noticed my daughter raising her hand (along with most of the other children) to answer a math question. All of the kids were engaged, verbal, having fun and were happy. As I left her classroom I noticed some 7th or 8th graders gathered around on the grass with their teacher talking about poetry. They were all engaged and smiling and learning. As I kept walking through the campus, I noticed many kids talking to each other with smiles on their faces and just looked happy, confident and secure. My daughter tells me every day that she loves Wesley and going to school. I can't help but remember how hard it was for me growing up going to school everyday and not liking it. Even these days I notice how unhappy many kids are about school and learning. I am so impressed with Wesley and their staff. They are truly making a difference in my child's life both in academics and in life skills. Can't wait for my 2yr old to be old enough to start Wesley. Thank you John, Vereena, Teachers and Staff!!! -Michael Canepa

Posted September 12, 2013
I m a parent of two 2nd graders and a 4th grader at this school. I remember first walking onto the Wesley campus after touring 3 other schools and it just felt like like a big hug for my whole family. The mission statement headline is Academic excellence and character development within the circle of family . What the circle of family means to me is that the whole lower school faculty knows my kids, even if they re not their current or past teachers. As for character development . . . go visit the school for a tour, guided by the middle school students. Two of the most impressive people, REGARDLESS of age, that I've met. And one of the open secrets of Wesley is that it s a great educational value, and with three kids enrolled that s important to us. All I know is when I talk to my kids teachers, I can tell they really care, I mean like are personally invested, in my kids well-being and education. That means everything to me.

Posted September 12, 2013
Our two boys go to The Wesley School; one is in Third Grade, the other is in Kindergarten. They love it. They really look forward to going to school every day, and I know that because I drive them every morning and we talk about what they are going to do each day. The Wesley School was the one school we toured that we felt had the right combination of scale and program and mission for our family. We loved the campus immediately and felt right at home on our first visit, and everything we've experienced since then has proven our instincts were correct. The school values academic excellence and character development equally, and we believe very strongly that social and emotional learning is as important as academic learning. Wesley has a non-denominational chapel program that is really great - it's basically an all-school assembly in the church chapel three days a week. It's amazing to see. My wife and I are pretty heavily involved at the school because we want the best for our kids, and we think The Wesley School offers that, as well as being a great value. It's a school that takes care of our children the way we do - supportive, encouraging, nurturing and empowering.

Wesley School, The