K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I love the whole school, but the middle school is the jewel in the crown. The English teacher is so talented and engaging he is the kind movies are made about. The math teacher is so advanced he has been written up for his formulas, and students find him so supportive that high school students getting ready for exams come back to his study hall at Wesley to regroup with him. That says a LOT about him. The community is warm and friendly, and as a parent you can be as involved as you would like, or if you can't be there is no pressure. Wesley is about ten grand less expensive than the majors surrounding it, but honestly I think it is a better environment at any price.

The best school in the Valley, hands down. Administrations, faculty, parents, and kids - all top notch.

We are beyond happy here. Our boys thrive and the teachers are so supportive and interested in their students. Class sizes are capped out at 20-something and their are normally 2 teachers per class, which is nice. Great place!! Friendly environment and parents are allowed to come on campus any time. Their not shunned at the door like some of the other private schools.

Wesley is a great blend of traditional and progressive. It's small and quaint, but not oppressively small. My son has enjoyed Kinder through 2nd grade thus far. He is growing and evolving and I am kept up to speed and armed with information as we go. I have no regrets choosing this school over Campbell Hall, at least for elementary school. I feel a large school is not really an asset during this time.

Wesley is a wonderful environment, academically competitive and the staff is very supportive. The anti-bullying policy is strictly enforced. My kids are happy, happy kids and love going to school every day. The new head of school has made some excellent choices on recent hiring of teachers, replacing others that needed to go.

We moved our two children to Wesley beginning this academic year from one of the top LAUSD elementary schools (which they both loved). I have to say they couldn't be happier!!! My oldest child would have slipped through the cracks at any other school and my younger child is given all the space he/she needs. Every single kid at the school gets the opportunity to speak at Chapel and everyone: upper, lower, staff, parents support each other in a way I haven't seen before. I am happy with the academics and sports -- and the character building is over and beyond what anyone could expect. No sign of bullying. No matter what I have to say I, as a parent, am listened to at the very least. More ethnic diversity than at most privates, I wish there was more understanding for families with same sex parents though -- my one struggle is the fact that quite a few families are conservative (from an LA point of view at least). A gem of a school that is still not that well known. I highly recommend it.

My son is a freshman at an academically rigorous High School, and thanks to the middle school program at Wesley, he's incredibly well prepared. Wesley gave him the academic foundation, taught him the value of building relationships with his teachers, and prepared him to thrive in a challenging environment. Beyond academics, Wesley fostered the self confidence and drive that helped insure a smooth transition into High School.

I grew up in a tight-knit community, so it s important to me as a parent that my kids feel loved, supported and encouraged the way I was as a child. My son is a bit shy and can struggle in social situations, but since he started at Wesley a year ago, his confidence has grown tenfold and he s really starting to blossom and come into his own. This past spring, he performed well at a district wide chess tournament and was recognized during chapel to a rousing applause. My son didn t stop smiling for days! He felt so loved and supported by his peers, his teachers and the entire Wesley family. He ll never forget that moment, nor will I. Sending him to Wesley was hands-down the best decision we could have made; we love everything about it, as does he. As the saying goes, it takes a village to raise a child, and I couldn t have picked a better village to help mold, educate and prepare my son for his journey in life.

I am a parent of a first grader at Wesley. I dropped in the other day to take my daughter her lunch. (which I forgot to give her) As I peeked into the classroom, I noticed my daughter raising her hand (along with most of the other children) to answer a math question. All of the kids were engaged, verbal, having fun and were happy. As I left her classroom I noticed some 7th or 8th graders gathered around on the grass with their teacher talking about poetry. They were all engaged and smiling and learning. As I kept walking through the campus, I noticed many kids talking to each other with smiles on their faces and just looked happy, confident and secure. My daughter tells me every day that she loves Wesley and going to school. I can't help but remember how hard it was for me growing up going to school everyday and not liking it. Even these days I notice how unhappy many kids are about school and learning. I am so impressed with Wesley and their staff. They are truly making a difference in my child's life both in academics and in life skills. Can't wait for my 2yr old to be old enough to start Wesley. Thank you John, Vereena, Teachers and Staff!!! -Michael Canepa

I m a parent of two 2nd graders and a 4th grader at this school. I remember first walking onto the Wesley campus after touring 3 other schools and it just felt like like a big hug for my whole family. The mission statement headline is Academic excellence and character development within the circle of family . What the circle of family means to me is that the whole lower school faculty knows my kids, even if they re not their current or past teachers. As for character development . . . go visit the school for a tour, guided by the middle school students. Two of the most impressive people, REGARDLESS of age, that I've met. And one of the open secrets of Wesley is that it s a great educational value, and with three kids enrolled that s important to us. All I know is when I talk to my kids teachers, I can tell they really care, I mean like are personally invested, in my kids well-being and education. That means everything to me.

Last modified Wesley School, The is a Private school that serves grades K-8