K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 30, 2015
The new principal is amazing! She is sensitive when there are family issues that affect the children emotionally. Her recommendations were always wisely chosen when I needed to make decisions for my children. I'm indebted for her personal contribution to them.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 30, 2015
The staff are big on academics and high achievement, and they made sure my children were ready to cruise through high school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 30, 2015
I never heard my children complain about their homework, so I must conclude that it was the right amount.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
Both of my children are introverts. SCS staff helped them gain a level of confidence to the point that now both can speak before their peers without much hesitation.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
My children know I am not a perfect father, and yet they respect me for being their dad. I owe this to SCS staff.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
SCS was a family to my children when they needed one. They were loved by the staff beyond their calling and responsibilities.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
Both of my children attended SCS before moving to high school. They were always treated with fairness and integrity. Whenever there was an issue with other children, staff and principal addressed the matter immediately and effectively. I recommend SCS without any hesitation.

Posted September 30, 2015
I believe that values must be instilled through character development. My children are amazingly respectful to their mother and me, and I owe it to SCS staff.

Posted September 29, 2015
Great and friendly staff, from the office to the teachers. I highly recommend this school to any one who is looking for a fun and safe environment for their kids.

Posted September 29, 2015
Having been a alumni from Star Christian School, I can say it's an amazing school. The teachers are very sweet, caring and loving (I personally know the majority of them). They make everyone feel welcomed, loved and safe. I personally don't have children yet but when I do and it's time for them to go to daycare, I wouldn't think twice about enrolling them in this school. The principal is amazing. Even though she's fairly new, you can see the passion she has for the kids and parents. Anyone trying to talk bad about this school doesn't know what they're talking about. If you don't believe what I say, go check it out for yourselves.

2120 Estrella Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90007