Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 06, 2014
To earn an MD/board specialty degree, I had 11 years of post graduate experience with good and bad teachers/institutions. As a result, I'm particular in my children's schooling. We have been at BHDS 3 years now, and EVERY teacher has been EXCELLENT: Compassionate, yet firm and kind, patient, able to break down subjects into easy to learn format, understanding of the weaknesses, strengths, and learning differences of each child and supporting them individually, open to feedback and suggestions, and interactive lessons where children are involved in the teaching process and not being lectured to. My son has learned to love school, math, reading, science, and music (we are still working on spelling but it's coming along too!). He actually looks forward to each of these subjects and feels confident that he is good at them. His social and emotional development has also been progressing nicely as ethics is in the heart of the school. Every staff and student knows everyone in school like a family. One teacher spend 1-2 hrs of her time every week for a year (free of charge) to help my son catch up on his weak subject. I feel lucky to have been able to send my child here.

Posted April 28, 2014
Our son is in Kindergarten and we could not be happier. His teachers are top notch. We feel so supported by the community. We love the concept of "bucket filling". Every morning, he cannot wait to get to school and see his friends. We do not speak Hebrew but we are amazed at how well he is picking up the language and using it almost daily. The Singapore Math is also a big draw for us. Honestly, we are so happy that we chose BHDS!

Posted October 17, 2013
My school is so evolved and nurturing. The teachers and staff are very well trained and know exactly how to teach and embrace each and every student.

Posted October 17, 2013
After touring the school, I knew that this was the school for our for us. We have a child in the elementary school and one in the ECE. Both kids are having a great time and learning a lot. The teachers are really caring and well- trained. They make every effort to make sure your child is comfortable in school. The administrators are just as caring as the teachers. They have a a great program, from the academics to the extra curricular programs. The class sizes are small. Whether your child is in Kindergarten or 6th grade, everyone says hi to one another and knows each others' name.

Posted March 10, 2013
We just came back from our daughter's class' First Annual Publishing Party. She is in Kindergarten(!). When we first toured the school, one of the things the Principal told me was the name of the reading/writing program they use (OpenCourt). My mom (an administrator/former teacher) said that was the BEST program for reading and writing (at Oakwood I was belittled for asking this question). Dr. Rothblum told me they also teach the kids to differentiate between accurate and inaccurate information, regardless of the source. Instead of a computer lab. Beth Hillel has an iPad cart! This school is winning national awards! There is a strict no bullying policy (they answer to a higher source? lol) and a true inclusive feeling. In each room, the Room Greeter met us at the door: "Hi, my name is ____, the is M_ ______'s Xth Grade class, and right now we are working on _______." They were definitely friendlier and more outgoing than the kids I met at other schools. BHDS students are warm, confident and smart. I am amazed at the words and concepts our daughter brings home. We are fully satisfied with the level of education, community and positivity we found at Beth Hillel Day School.

Posted March 07, 2013
Our daughter started kindergarten at Beth Hillel Day School in the Fall and we could not be happier with this school. She also attended the TBH Early Childhood Education program which is excellent. First and foremost, my daughter absolutely LOVES going to school and loves her teachers. The school provides a warm nurturing environment where children are kind and respectful towards each other. We are amazed at the amount of knowledge she has gained so far and with the quality of education she is receiving. Not only are the children learning academically, they are learning Jewish values and traditions. The class sizes are small, which allows for individual attention that cannot be matched in classes with 25+ students. The head of the school knows and genuinely cares for all the children and it truly feels like a community. BHDS is definitely a gem.

Posted March 07, 2013
Beth Hillel - is whay I call a Class A - Boutique School - the teacher to student ratio is outstanding, the academics are of high level and importance and include programs such as an ipad in every classroom and broad studies of the arts but more important the life lessons of kindness, compassion and overall ethics that are instilled in the kids is what will make them true leaders and successful later on in life

Posted September 11, 2012
This is our first year at Beth Hillel Day School and we are thrilled with the nurturing environment, the loving staff, the engaging programs, and the differentiated curriculum to meet each child's individual needs. We have already seen a huge boost in our daughter's self confidence, pride, and excitement to continue her learning. I am not only thankful to Beth Hillel Day School for helping her to reach her potential in so many areas, but I am also grateful that she LOVES coming to school each day.

Posted September 08, 2012
I have two sons in this school (both having also attended the Temple Beth Hillel Pre-School), and I cannot rave more about it. They have flourished in every way: academically, morally, developmentally and socially. The teachers are caring, smart and well-trained and put tremendous effort and focus into each child. The overall values of the school, temple and TBH "community" are awesome - these kids learn the value of good deeds and social consciousness. The academics are very challenging as well, and the classes small so that each child has the opportunity to get the attention that he/she might need. They also have a terrific PE coach, and great enrichment programs after-school (drama, chess, orchestra, etc). They also have terrific administrators (head masters, principals, etc) and great parents and parent involvement. This school is top-notch and we are so delighted that our sons attend, and we proudly consider ourselves part of this wonderful, caring Beth Hillel community!

Posted May 15, 2012
We are thrilled with the academic progress that our son has made since he transferred from an overcrowded public school. His reading, writing, math and creative thinking have vastly improved, and he loves school !

Beth Hillel Day School