Posted April 28, 2014
The parent who wrote a review on April 24 is sadly misinformed. The staff is not predominantly hispanic, nor do the students learn Spanish instead of English. If the parent were only to speak with her child's teacher and other parents at Wilshire Park, she would discover that Wilshire Park is a diverse community of learners and staff and that the quality of education offered at this school is top-notch. Please get your facts straight before posting inaccurate information. It's not only unfair, it's unethical.

Wilshire Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
My daughter goes to this school. From my first view i was very happy that the school is almost new built and very clean. Unfortunately worst comes worst almost 90% of this school is hispanic and my kid started to learn spanish better rather than english. Most of the teachers are hispanic as well and this doesn't give student opportunity to learn and improve english as the most students goal is an english language as a second language. Principal need to think about the other students whose are not hispanol. So i'm decided to pull out my kid from this school as if she still remain she will fail to her future. Even homeworks and teacher communication very poor.

Posted December 18, 2013
Our family is very happy with Wilshire Park. Teachers are great and very caring and my kids love this school so far.

Wilshire Park Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2013
This is a school equipped with high-tech gadgets and clueless teachers operating them. My son had some challenges adapting to a public school since he's been in private since pre-k, the teacher complained problem after problem but when I asked her about daily or even weekly progress reports for him so I could track and gauge his progression, she looked at me as though I was speaking in another language. I'd rather a school with teachers who are down right caring educators opposed to ones who hide behind a projector pretending like one. I am researching other schools ASAP.

Posted September 04, 2013
Wilshire Park Elementary has been great for me and my children. Teachers are caring and great at what they do. And it shows because the API score has been increasing and the school rating has improved. On top of that, the office staff is the nicest I have ever seen in the LAUSD. I think it just needs more parent involvement. We need to take an interest in what our children are doing, learning and needing.

Posted August 15, 2012
My son had great year in kindergarten learning not just academics but also how to socialize with other people. I can't say now that this school is the best of LA, but I know that all the school staffs are trying very hard to make this school one of the best. Non of the schools are perfect. But I really appreciate their effort to make the school better every year.

Wilshire Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2012
It upsets me to see these bad reviews that are written by parents complaining with horrendous grammar. Some people complain that teachers are being brought in to assist those children who cannot speak English. However, Los Angeles is one of the largest cultural melting pots in the world, so it is only right that multilingual teachers are brought in. I send my child to this school because I believe that he is getting the most out of his school experience. The teachers as well as the principal are caring and dedicated. Even though some children did not have the best time, that is not the same for everyone else. There is a reason why parents continue to send students to this school.

Posted August 14, 2012
There are no perfect schools but if my child is happy learning at this school with many dedicated teachers that is what I call it PERFECT!

Wilshire Park Elementary School 3

Posted June 25, 2012
This is a new school so it is very clean and well kept. While most of the staff are friendly and helpful there are others that are NOT willing to adapt to individual learning challenges that some children might have. Out of the 3 teachers my child has had only one was an A+ teacher working with parents, providing children with a fun learning environment, over all an excellent teacher. One other was just horrible the worst teacher I have worked with as a parent. As most public schools the resources are limited providing children with ordinary learning experience and little motivation to learn more. It seems like the most fun they get is at recess where they can play, explore, exerciece, socialize and problem solve on their own. The ethnicity varies a bit so children learn about other cultures. Over all an average school. We will be moving our child to another school.

Posted August 23, 2011
This is a wonderful little elementary school in the heart of the Miracle Mile corridor. The teachers are very qualified and even though not all of them are perfect, most all of the teachers are very dedicated in making sure their kids work hard and are responsible for their work. The school offers so many programs such as music, chorus, dance, drama, physical education, and Council. The teachers work together and make sure that their students are taught with technology using laptops and Smartboards. I like their student council and rocketeer leadership program. The school is very nice and clean and peaceful inside. The school focuses on making sure the kids really enjoy school and have fun while they are learning, it's not just test prep for scores. Overall, even though a couple teachers can affect what a parent might think of the whole school, I am happy to be Wilshire Park. More volunteers and parent support is needed to do bigger and better things.

Wilshire Park Elementary School
4063 Ingraham Street, Los Angeles, CA  90010
Last modified Wilshire Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilshire Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top