Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School 1

Posted October 21, 2015
Today I have parent/teacher conference 1:15 pm to 3:15 pm. The school parking structure may be full ( two person standing in front of parking structure). I did not find any street parking within ¼ miles. I try to contact with principal Torres Flores. Fist time some pick up phone says she can’t here me, letter no one pick up phone. Left 2 time message, no one call back to me. Why principal set all parent/teacher conference call 1:15 pm to 3:15 pm if she can’t provide parking space. She can set different grade different days so parent can park their car on parking structure and attend parent/teacher conference. It is ridiculously small. The school was not built to hold as many students as it does. My son had good grades but everything changed since I enrolled him in this school. Staff has bad communication, they don't return calls. I don't recommend it. Worst choice we made. I know few parents chose different school for their next children. I think, it is time to replace principal as well as counselors, give another person an opportunity to better the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 21, 2015
I think home work should not more then 30 minutes each day each subject. History teacher Mr. Jimenez give to much home work, my son has no time to study another subject.

Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
Not the best school if your child has an Iep. My son had good grades but everything changed since I enrolled him in this school. Staff has bad communication. .they don't return calls and ignore bullying and blame the victim because of it. I don't recommend it they don't follow the iep accommodation either. Worst choice we made.

Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School 3

Posted August 23, 2014
I think this school is losing its prestige and I think I know why, it's the principal she really doesn't do anything for this school. The school owes a lot of money, for this reason they had to take out a lot of programs. I think if you're not fit to be a principal I say quit and give another person an opportunity to better the school.

Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School 3

Posted July 23, 2014
This school, like any other school, has its pros and cons. Yes, it is ridiculously small. The school was not built to hold as many students as it does. Yes, there is no gym. All sports and physical education are done at a poorly maintained park next to the school. Yes, this school has almost no funding. All sports equipment are paid for by the students. All other extra curricular activities that are still up and running are the ones funded for and maintained by teachers. Yes, there are some amazing teachers. However, most of the teachers are very rigid, demanding, have unattainable grading scales, and a lot are, quite frankly, very rude. Yes, they do have wonderful medical and science programs. There are only a handful of sports available here, and they are not well endorsed. If your child can handle the academic challenge and if you can handle the teachers, your child will receive a good education here. If you want your child to have a high school experience, i.e. large school, understanding teachers, pep rallies, a gym, a wide variety of sports and extra curricular activities, then I, as a student here, suggest you enroll your child elsewhere.

Posted June 28, 2014
Bravo is the best high school you will find around the LA area! The teachers are amazing, they motivate, encourage, and always find ways to get students involved and to do their best. As a Bravo alumni I can say Bravo truly prepared me for what is out there. The long sleepless nights, and the abundant amount of work given to students allows us to catch a glimpse of what college will be like. Bravo really isn't too much about sports since our priority is academics. However, we have great and fun sports teams. The school is small so it will be easy for you to accommodate yourself fast. It is a bit crowded but it shouldn't really be a problem. You have plenty of time to get to your classes and stop for a little break. The staff is also amazing. I have never seen anyone care so much about others. The staff are constantly checking on students and making sure they are maintaining good grades. They are kind and sweet however intimidating at times but only because they want the best for Bravo students, Above all, Bravo is perfect! I would definitely recommend sending your children to this school. Bravo students go on to do great, big things! (: GO BRAVO KNIGHTS!!!

Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School 4

Posted June 20, 2014
To the review from "A Parent" from Feb 16. 2014, Yes it is small, but after being there a year or two, you get used it it & hardly even notice. Filthy? Sometimes, but that's because the custodians recent got all of their hours drastically cut so we have less people taking care of the school, and have you tried to get 1,800 teenagers to clean up after themselves? Not exactly easy. Also, if you think only a few teachers are good, your son must have only ever had some of the bad teachers, and you know what? Bad teachers are at every school, it's not a special Bravo thing. We're not perfect, but there are some AMAZING teachers there and you need to try harder to get them. The counselors will make it happen. And "no good sports"? Really, when every single sports team made it to the CIF playoffs last year? But no, there's no good sports apparently. Bottom line, there's good and bad at every school. Yeah, we have our negative aspects, but Bravo provides a unique high school experience where academics are celebrated and an incredibly accepting environment is cultivated. It will never be perfect, but the students are proud to have gone there. Sincerely, a 2013 alumni.

Posted June 20, 2014
In response to some of the comments related to sports, this year every team made it to play-offs so we do have quality sports programs. In response to the comment about bad teachers, that should be brought to the attention of the principal and if nothing is done, her administrator. Every school has ineffective teachers but Bravo has more effective and earnest teachers than most. We have one of the highest API scores in the district and we teach student's from every area of the city not just wealthy gifted students like others schools with similar scores. Bravo is filled with opportunities for students who apply themselves. For example, students can intern with professors at USC researching in their labatories on the heat output of synthetic retinas. How many other high schools offer that? Bravo is not perfect but it is a school that most students appreciate being alumni of once they have completed their 4 years. If Bravo is not the best school, then students and parents should work to make it the school they would like it to be. It is a team effort.

Posted May 21, 2014
"She don't know, what she is taking to student - " direct quote from previous reviewer. What in the world does this mean? If you cannot intelligently comment, spell and/or construct a sentence, why would anybody take your advice?? I am always amazed at the uneducated folks who post here and expect to be taken seriously.

1200 North Cornwell Street, Los Angeles, CA  90033-1417
Last modified Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top