Bad
Good

Posted June 17, 2012
from the reviews i have read its nothing to what i have read. It has great teacher quality I have my two children attend the school and they are both in the high achievement class. The teachers are great and are always answering my concerns i have.

Posted May 12, 2011
Budlong Elementary was Great! I am proud to say that I am a Project Manager at one of the largest Construction Companies in Southern Ca. Because of Budlong Elementary I am what I am now,they(School Staff) taught me to always do the right thing,whats right from wrong.So yeah Budlong has a huge impact in my Life,Thanks to ALL the Staff Class of 1995-1998

Posted January 21, 2011
Mrs Hurwitz was my 1st teacher in 1962. She was the first person whom my mom trusted me with, She was GREAT! D.

Budlong Avenue Elementary School

Posted September 15, 2009
It sounds to me like a bad experience I moved a year ago to L.A and my child has attended to Budlong. Just started 5th grade, I was unsatisfied with John Muir being right next, I know what you mean.I tried hard to be as involved as much as I can 'I work' . I go to school once in a while to visit/watch how the teacher teachs and how strict is he and also how he handles consequences when kids are not leastining and talking or acting up. I was satisfied with the communication I had with the teacher my child had last year. He called me if something was wrong or even if my child was uncomfortable with something he informed me of any changes He also send notes if my child was not behaving or needed help in a subject. Mr. Frias is teaching 2nd grade this year.

Posted December 29, 2008
New principal, Ms. McDonald, and new assistant princiapl, Ms. Arroyo are a positive change for Budlong. They came into a difficult situation, Budlong has been a very problematic school for many reasons. But I see improvements already with good, dedicated teachers. I hope they stay on and continue to improve Budlong for the children.

Budlong Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2006
This is one of THE WORST schools in LAUSD. The test scores are extremely low. The teachers DO NOT intervene in classroom fights between bullies and students that are actually trying to learn. There is total disoder at Budlong Elementary school. Parent conference is not encouraged. The administrators fail to contact parents when a child is injured or hurt by a bully.

Posted January 10, 2006
This school is fantastic! The administration is very caring and professional. The teachers work very hard and are very dedicated to student achievement.

Posted December 07, 2005
My child has been moved from classroom to classroom due to over crowding. Each time he was moved the teachers educational system was different and not at his level. He is in second grade and doing the same work he did in Kindergarten. I never receive any work back to see his progress or to see were he needs improvement. I really dislike this school, and what worries me the most is that my seven year old talks to me about his dislike as well and has asked me to change him school as soon as possible. He worries about the violence around the school, and since the jr. high school is so close my second grader hears about the violence that goes on at that school as well.

Posted November 06, 2005
The school needs more programs that encourage parent participation. The school's discipline program is ineffective at times.

Posted December 14, 2004
This School does not have anything for the working parent I feel since I work I can't participate. They have meetings at 8:30am why not have an afternoon or something. I am considering removing my child from this school to send him to school near my job (El Segundo). There is alot I could contribute.

Budlong Avenue Elementary School
5940 South Budlong Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90044-2815
Last modified Budlong Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.