Bad
Good

from the reviews i have read its nothing to what i have read. It has great teacher quality I have my two children attend the school and they are both in the high achievement class. The teachers are great and are always answering my concerns i have.

Budlong Elementary was Great! I am proud to say that I am a Project Manager at one of the largest Construction Companies in Southern Ca. Because of Budlong Elementary I am what I am now,they(School Staff) taught me to always do the right thing,whats right from wrong.So yeah Budlong has a huge impact in my Life,Thanks to ALL the Staff Class of 1995-1998

Mrs Hurwitz was my 1st teacher in 1962. She was the first person whom my mom trusted me with, She was GREAT! D.

It sounds to me like a bad experience I moved a year ago to L.A and my child has attended to Budlong. Just started 5th grade, I was unsatisfied with John Muir being right next, I know what you mean.I tried hard to be as involved as much as I can 'I work' . I go to school once in a while to visit/watch how the teacher teachs and how strict is he and also how he handles consequences when kids are not leastining and talking or acting up. I was satisfied with the communication I had with the teacher my child had last year. He called me if something was wrong or even if my child was uncomfortable with something he informed me of any changes He also send notes if my child was not behaving or needed help in a subject. Mr. Frias is teaching 2nd grade this year.

New principal, Ms. McDonald, and new assistant princiapl, Ms. Arroyo are a positive change for Budlong. They came into a difficult situation, Budlong has been a very problematic school for many reasons. But I see improvements already with good, dedicated teachers. I hope they stay on and continue to improve Budlong for the children.

Last modified Budlong Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.