Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted October 25, 2015
We were floored by this school. Seemed very average at first but after getting a tour and meeting parents, kids and some teachers we quickly realized what a gem of a school this was. We had toured 15 different schools. Private, Charters, Magnets and other public schools in our area. We had applied to all and done SAS and open enrollment where available. We got our son into Delevan through SAS (because it is not our 'home school') and then a week into him going here he was also accepted into a LFCSA (charter) as well as Community Magnet Charter. This was a tough call because both of those schools are excellent but after touring them both (again) and comparing with everything we knew about them we realized we had no reason to move our son. My advice: tour as many schools as possible to get fully educated on all your choices and then make a decision that works best for you. For us it was Delevan and we really couldn't be happier. Give me a few years and I'll come back to update!

Delevan Drive Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 25, 2015
The principal here is SO dedicated and goes way above and beyond. She is amazing and has a lot to do with how well the school is currently doing. I can't say enough great things about the teachers here too, they really love what they do and it shows.

Posted October 07, 2015
Again and again, year after year I see kids in my neighborhood excelling as they graduate from Delevan Elementary and having the education to go on to magnet schools and advanced learning programs the education they get from this school is outstanding.

Delevan Drive Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2014
I dont understand the point rating..teachs are teaching to get 900pts ..i wounder if in Japan,japanes students are studing to earn pts . And How does one become a board member of the Pta last year more than 2/3rds where teachers & staff , idn ..other reviews said great parent partisapation , when was this 6 yrs ago With the Previous Administration..Oohh well Some people believe anything they read...Well i agree The lausd teachers should get a rase but not 18% --Please...in bazaro World maybe...& Please please dont Strike.A Strike will only hurt everyone involved ..Children rember who your working for ..

Posted April 28, 2014
I love this school and we love Mrs Tharp!! I hope she stays on next year because her enthusiasm is refreshing and the kids have fun learning!! Great school happy to be apart of it!

Posted August 28, 2013
My daughter really likes her new first grade teacher Mr. Fiorillo. He is enthusiastic, great with the kids and uses his training in theater to help motivate his students. At last night s Back to School night he said he was planning five field trips for the year. Go Mr. Fiorillo!

Posted August 28, 2013
Delevan Drive is a great school, the principal Mrs. Velasquez is friendly and hard working, and always on campus. The teachers are dedicated, experienced, and caring. Despite budget cuts there are after school activities, a garden, and an arts program. But most of all, the kids are a happy and enthusiastic, which is the surest sign of a successful school.

Posted August 18, 2013
Delevan Drive Elementary is a wonderful learning community for our kids. The teachers make genuine connections with the students and each year our test scores continue to climb. The Principal and other support staff care about the students and are a constant presence on the playground and throughout the campus. Sometimes it seems like there aren't enough parents getting involved in school activities and events but the parents who do show up, really put in a lot of hard work and volunteer hours. This is an overall awesome school!

Posted September 12, 2012
This school is excellent! My daughter has been attending since 1st grade and sadly this will be her last year, she just started 6th grade. All her teachers through her school years have been so great. The principal and staff do a great job. The PTA is awesome, thanks to it our kids have after school activities. We feel so lucky to have such a great LAUSD school just down the hill from our house, and last but not least, the after school program is also great to have, the staff are so good with the kids. Now we're wondering where to send our daughter for middle school? Is going to be hard to find another LAUSD schoool as good as Delevan Drive. P.S. I'm sorry to read a bad comment/review about Delevan, a teacher (Ms. Rivera) and our principal. I have never experienced anything bad with any of them or any other teacher re: my daughter or her classmates.

Posted August 02, 2012
As a former student, I'd like to say how amazing this elementary school is. When I think of Delevan, all that fills my mind are positive thoughts & memories. The people working at this school have produced some of the most hard working people I know. Even the "troublemakers" have grown to be mature & successful. My fellow classmates now attend universities such as USC & UCLA. I firmly believe that because of these wonderful teachers, we were well-prepared to be successful in middle school, high school, & so on. I highly recommend! If I had kids, Delevan would definitely be #1 on my list. Now in regards to the previous rater complaining about one ot the teachers... I would like to say that first off, stating this teacher's name is going against guidelines & goes against her privacy. Second, this particular person was my 1st grade teacher in '97. Not once did I ever see her be negative towards anybody, especially a student. All I have to say is that she was the most caring of them all. If there are any real issues going on between you & this teacher, I'm sure that the problem started from your end & not hers.

Delevan Drive Elementary School
4168 West Avenue 42, Los Angeles, CA  90065-4631
Last modified Delevan Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.