Los Angeles, CA

Posted April 28, 2014
I love this school and we love Mrs Tharp!! I hope she stays on next year because her enthusiasm is refreshing and the kids have fun learning!! Great school happy to be apart of it!

Posted August 28, 2013
My daughter really likes her new first grade teacher Mr. Fiorillo. He is enthusiastic, great with the kids and uses his training in theater to help motivate his students. At last night s Back to School night he said he was planning five field trips for the year. Go Mr. Fiorillo!

Posted August 28, 2013
Delevan Drive is a great school, the principal Mrs. Velasquez is friendly and hard working, and always on campus. The teachers are dedicated, experienced, and caring. Despite budget cuts there are after school activities, a garden, and an arts program. But most of all, the kids are a happy and enthusiastic, which is the surest sign of a successful school.

Posted August 18, 2013
Delevan Drive Elementary is a wonderful learning community for our kids. The teachers make genuine connections with the students and each year our test scores continue to climb. The Principal and other support staff care about the students and are a constant presence on the playground and throughout the campus. Sometimes it seems like there aren't enough parents getting involved in school activities and events but the parents who do show up, really put in a lot of hard work and volunteer hours. This is an overall awesome school!

Posted September 12, 2012
This school is excellent! My daughter has been attending since 1st grade and sadly this will be her last year, she just started 6th grade. All her teachers through her school years have been so great. The principal and staff do a great job. The PTA is awesome, thanks to it our kids have after school activities. We feel so lucky to have such a great LAUSD school just down the hill from our house, and last but not least, the after school program is also great to have, the staff are so good with the kids. Now we're wondering where to send our daughter for middle school? Is going to be hard to find another LAUSD schoool as good as Delevan Drive. P.S. I'm sorry to read a bad comment/review about Delevan, a teacher (Ms. Rivera) and our principal. I have never experienced anything bad with any of them or any other teacher re: my daughter or her classmates.

Posted August 02, 2012
As a former student, I'd like to say how amazing this elementary school is. When I think of Delevan, all that fills my mind are positive thoughts & memories. The people working at this school have produced some of the most hard working people I know. Even the "troublemakers" have grown to be mature & successful. My fellow classmates now attend universities such as USC & UCLA. I firmly believe that because of these wonderful teachers, we were well-prepared to be successful in middle school, high school, & so on. I highly recommend! If I had kids, Delevan would definitely be #1 on my list. Now in regards to the previous rater complaining about one ot the teachers... I would like to say that first off, stating this teacher's name is going against guidelines & goes against her privacy. Second, this particular person was my 1st grade teacher in '97. Not once did I ever see her be negative towards anybody, especially a student. All I have to say is that she was the most caring of them all. If there are any real issues going on between you & this teacher, I'm sure that the problem started from your end & not hers.

Delevan Drive Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2012
Mrs Rivera was our daughters second grade teacher and from the very begining until the end of the school year this tearcher had issues and negative interactions with my daughter. Severval times arguing with my 8 year old and making accusations against her like another student would, instead of working towards a resolution as a good teacher would. After several complaints to the principal and no action ever taken concerning the negative learning environment my daughter was being expossed to, we decided to enroll our children at another elementary school. Please note that most of the revies written before 2010 are from a prior ledership (principle).

Posted March 04, 2011
Excellent, excellent school! Top notch and caring teachers, compassionate and very hard working principal and staff. Strong PTA that works hard at bringing families and school together. A gem in the community!

Posted February 02, 2011
I love this school. My son has been at this school for 2 years and the teachers are incredible. The office staff is very friendly and professional. Delevan has great afterschool programs that are productive and fun. I'm happy with my son's teacher Mrs. Cantrell, she keeps me up to date on everything. I'm confident that my son is getting great academic knowledge at Delevan. I'm happy with this school.

Posted April 19, 2010
Delevan Drive just received the Blue Ribbon Award last Friday, April 16, 2010. The teachers, staff & parents take great pride in making this school a great place for our kids to enjoy learning!

Delevan Drive Elementary School
4168 West Avenue 42, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Delevan Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Delevan Drive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top