Bad
Good

My daughter attended this school for kindergarten and I had a horrible experience. The school has very poor communication. They don't have a website (one of the very few schools that don't ). My daughter was changed a couple of months into school because the school had failed to properly place students. Also, her teacher went on leave and the school failed to informed me that my child would have a sub for the remainder of the year. They have very poor communication yet so many resources to utilize such as automated phone calls, letter home, email. I pulled my child from this school and I would highly encourage parents who want stability in their child's education to choose a different school.

My school as a student is great it is prepared to let students confront anything. I would like to recommend it to anyone because it is great school and teachers are strict and nice I guarantee it.

I have the best school memories from attending Fourth Street Elementary...but it was a long time ago. I was in the class from the person who had Mrs. Klutz for 1st grade, maybe. I remember a teacher named Miss Maelie (sp?) and Mrs Krieley (sp?). I remember fingerpainting on newsprint over long rolls of oil cloth and construction building toy trucks with scrap pine blocks and painting them with tempra. I remember making cities from wooden blocks on the floor and yarn wrapped wire (stick) people with round wooden heads. And indoor games "doggie, doggie, where's your bone" and heads up 7up" on rainy days. I remember the beautiful wooden floors,beautiful wood paneled walls in the main building of red bricks off Hillview. I remember the great free summer daytime programs that included making crafts, skating, storytime with records while sitting on the cool floor inside on hot days. There were carom games and snacks of frozen juice in a cup with an ice cream stick, and watermelon. My sis says there were field trips to Legg Lake and Griffith Park. I attended this school from K-3rd or 4th.Is there any archives group or historical society that has photos, records? Please share-thanks / :0)

I went to this school preschool-5th grade, my husband did also along with his brother and my two older brothers.. I loved all my teachers and now my son attends this school too. I have been happy with everything so far.

What happened to the pretty little school I went to way back when. It used to be so pretty with the red brick buildings. Now it looks so grim. I was looking at it on StreetView. I was there from first through third grade. My first grade teacher was a Mrs. Clutz or Kluts. She was so wonderful and loving. The principal's name was Miss Sugar.

Excellent programs. Teachers and Faculty. Questionable leadership/listening skills from principal!

I am very happy with my child's experience at this school. The teachers have great classroom management overall. The school also seems very safe. My child has always been offered opportunities to improve academically and has shown growth because of them. Teachers also take time to call parents and inform them of any concerns tey may have about a child. I would like the school to showcase student talent and achievement Keep up the good work Fourth Street!

Qualified and professional educators who practice their craft well. With more parental involvement and support, the students would be able to achieve more and excel to new heights. The administration is new and wants the best for the students.

Last modified Fourth Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.