School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Grand View! Our Spanish Immersion Program was the first ever in LAUSD, and is now stronger than ever as we celebrate our 25th silver anniversary year. Our superb English Learning Academy is reaching new goals in stride with our dedication to rigorous academics. Thanks to our incredibly committed, dynamic teachers, API test scores jumped +126 in five years, placing us in the top 5% of schools for growth. We expect the same excellence in the transition to Common Core standards. Our school integrates students with special needs in our extended curriculum in P.S. ARTS, District Arts, Adapted Physical Education and our excellent Garden School Foundation Seed to Table program. Our fabulous free Pre-K is offered in English or Spanish Immersion. Our students have access to a wide range of enrichment choices, plus free before and after-school care with clubs and homework assistance. Parents get involved with workshops at our state-of-the-art Parent Center and PTA, which enthusiastically works to help all children by fundraising and hosting a fun array of educational and cultural events. We are proud to be the home of such a vibrant and collaborative community. Come see for yourself why Grand View is the first and only choice for so many families. Go Dragons! -Principal Ortiz
October 20, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted June 01, 2016
My child is finishing his first year at Grandview dual immersion program. We left a high performing school district to come to this school and we couldn't be happier. The kindergarten teaching is excellent. The well-rounded education includes music, art, gardening, and cooking. I love the diversity of socioeconomic status, culture, and special needs. The school immerses him in art from the classroom, separate art classes, and after school art classes. Do not let the test scores fool you. My son picked up Spanish easily and continues to learn English well. The PTA, parent and community support is excellent. The principal is supportive and well liked. I love this school and it is worth the drive every day.

Posted February 10, 2016
I seriously am in love with this school and ow everyone from principal to teachers to parents to PTA organizers come together to create a positive school culture which celebrates our kids. Both my children are enrolled in the Dual Immersion Spanish Language program and I'm thrilled with the results. I absolutely love participating in all the school's cultural events which recognize various heritages ranging from folkloric dancing for Dia de los muertos to honoring Black History month to celebrating Chinese New Year. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into feeding our children's hearts and minds. <3

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 10, 2016
They have a full integration program for students with special needs. Rather than keeping them isolated from the general ed population, the students are integrated in order to create more equitable conditions and access for all students.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 28, 2015
I am thankful for being part of Grand View's learning community. The beauty of this community is that it represents all of the stakeholders.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 28, 2015
Our school promotes integration between general and special needs students helping them to develop compassion and empathy. We also work hard to create a positive multi-cultural environment.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 28, 2015
Grand View students benefit from our integration between general and special education students. It helps students develop empathy and compassion. Integration also helps prevent bullying because the students have meaningful experiences with children they might otherwise view as different.

Posted November 28, 2015
Grand View has so much to offer! In addition to a caring and experienced staff, Grand View has a very vibrant and active community. Our PTA is a true collaboration between parents and faculty working for the benefit of all of our students. PTA helps provide art, music, and garden programs as well as field trips for all classes.

Posted November 26, 2015
I love being a gv parent. my children have teachers who work hard and work together. the Spanish immersion program is the oldest in lausd, yet the teachers are innovative and caring. the parents and staff are great--it feels like a real community. we are so lucky to have found this school!

Posted May 08, 2015
My experience as a parent at Grand View has been phenomenal. I have witnessed the school continually transform into a work of art with color, murals, and beautiful gardens. My daughter adores her teachers, the academics, art, music, dance, theater, gardening and cooking classes. It has been a privilege to be a part of the fabric of this school. The teachers and parents continue to inspire me with their energy to make Grand View a healthy, safe and fun environment to learn.

Posted March 11, 2015
I do love this school! I have a 2nd Grader and a TK kid in the Spanish Immersion Program. They are doing very well in language, math, science, art, etc. This is a great neighborhood school. Very active PTA, caring parents and staff, Principal and a welcoming Parent Center. We have a great Seed to Table Garden Program! Art, Music, Dance, Theater. We are now fully intergrated with the Special Education Program that was formerly known as McBride (off Centinela)!

3951 Grand View Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90066
Last modified Grand View Boulevard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.