Posted September 10, 2013
The office staff is very friendly and helpful. My granddaughters class size this year is only 14 students That is wonderful! The less crowded the class the more attention each student can get and learn. Very pleased

Laurel Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
Def. not happy with office staff....three weeks into school and the office staff still has not requested transcripts for my children from another state. smh...I do like the principal- very friendly.

Posted August 14, 2013
One of the best school. My son spent here 6 yrs. Teachers are amazing! At the school students feel so happy, very welcome. Pretty much like a home environment. Love, love, love this school.

Posted April 21, 2013
As we are approaching the end of our first year at laurel, I am happy to say that my son will return again next year. It has been a great experience for my son as well as for us. His teacher is the most hard working, caring, smart, dedicated and amazing person. Thanks to her and the whole staff at laurel we have had a successful year. Looking forward to see what first grade brings us!

Posted August 23, 2012
A very proud parent of a new Panther. The school exemplifies the meaning of diversity and community. The principal Mrs. Diaz is responsive and very visible to the students and parents. Glad we made the choice to stay in the neighborhood and be part of the community.

Posted May 12, 2012
this school is a great place for kids to get a long and not fight with with each other

Laurel Elementary School 1

Posted August 02, 2011
I would rate it a 1 on a 5 scale. Reasons are: 1The schoolyard is for play is cluttered with containers for storage and unneeded trailer classrooms not being use. Not enough room to play sockball. You basically cannot play on the yard without bumbing into something. They have 7th and 8th grade students going to this school which is not large enough for them. The PE class for 8th graders uses first graders space because the school is small. The 7th and 8th graders do not learn how to grow up with kids their own age such as bancroft middle school and are socially behind for their ages because they are being mixed up with 1st graders. There are no showers for 7th and 8th graders such as with bancroft after excercises. They do not even have a gym. The 14 year old kids are running on a track made for 8 year old kids which is a small circle painted on asphault. It may be good for 1-6 grades but 7th and 8th is a joke. The kids do not mature for their ages like they should because they are stuck in kiddly land until the go to Fairfax High

Posted November 24, 2010
I am delighted to have a middle school in our neighborhood for my 7th grade twins. We researched every school for miles around, and wound up at a charter school for 6th grade. It is such a relief for my children to come back to a good public school. Laurel has exceeded our expectations for all the extras that schools used to provide. We look forward to 8th grade at Laurel School.

Posted June 23, 2010
I am a parent and have been since 2001 at Laurel Elementary. It has always been a very educational and welcoming place for my kids. The teachers are great and provide a challenging scholastic experience . The principal, Mrs. Scadron, is supportive and cares about Laurel students and families. I am very excited that Laurel school is adding 7th grade next year which will allow my daughter to continue at this wonderful school.

Posted June 01, 2010
The LAUSD and the City of West Hollywood just decided to extend Laurel Elementary into a new middle school. They will be offering 6th and 7th Grade classes for this fall (2010/2011). The new School's name will be Laurel School. This is very exiting news for all parents in West Hollywood, teachers and the new principal at Laurel. Please sign up your child! Together we can create our own neighborhood middle school in West Hollywood.

Laurel Elementary School
925 North Hayworth Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90046
(323) 654-1930
Last modified Laurel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.