Los Angeles, CA

Posted May 23, 2014
Both of my daughters have attended LORENA STREET and I can not speak more highly of their teachers and the experiences they have had. I can feel the love and respect that their teachers have for their students. I can see the level of professionalism and the degree to which they plan. My daughters excelled and received above average test scores in state testing. Today, we participated in the school's CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION...WOW! I was amazed at the great dancing and dedication that all of the students ands teachers had to their performances and community. I see that there is a charter school on campus. So sad that they are taking up LORENA's classes and resources. Despite it all, the students and the school continues to thrive. Great teachers, parents and community as a whole!

Posted July 23, 2011
I love this school it helped me reach my goals and i love it.luckely i made it to middle school:)I miss Mrs Huiguera she was the best teacher i ever had,and also my other teachers i had for the past 6 years.Thank you!!

Lorena Street Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2008
This school needs a lot of improvements. I had my daughter in Charter Schools from Pre-K to 1st and I just moved her to Lorena. I'm so dissapointed to see that the Academic level is not as strong as I expected. I tried to be a Parent volunteer and the feedback I got from other parents was so bad that I got so frustrated and decided not to participate. This will be the only year that my daughter will attend Lorena. The Principal needs to put more effort in ensuring the security of our Kids! I do have to give plenty of credit to Ms. Hamanaka, Ms. Tamayo and Ms. Gomez, they are excellent teachers.

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted July 01, 2008
I was a parent at Lorena Street School for 5 years and I was very pleased my son was in a special education class had the same teacher for 4 yrs. Mr.Tamayo I could not have asked for a better teacher this year (2008) we went through our struggles with my son threw it all my son looks up to Mr. Tamayo as a postve roll model not only is Mr.Tamayo wonderful the whole staff at Lorena I will Miss Them All.

Lorena Street Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2007
Both of my daughters have been attending Lorena for a couple of years now. This year with the new principal stepping in seems have gotten better. They have taken care of my complaints about my children's safety. They also take bully concerns very seriously. With the previous principal this issues weren't handled appropiately.

Posted January 29, 2005
I just loved this school! I was reading stuff like 'february' and 'volcano' by the end of kindergarten! I had such fun teachers! They all had positive attitudes.

Lorena Street Elementary School
1015 South Lorena Street, Los Angeles, CA  90023
Last modified Lorena Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lorena Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top