Los Angeles, CA

Roscomare Road Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2015
Good teachers but huge upper level sizes. My child's class is constantly divided into two and other half is sent out to library while others do math and then it reverses.... Not much math or library at this point. The principle isn't great too, stays away from actively involving/resolving conflicts.

Roscomare Road Elementary School 4

Posted December 31, 2014
This school is great until the upper grades, when the class size skyrockets. My son's fourth grade class was assigned 39 students (to one teacher). On the first day, eight students did not have a desk or chair. Families scrambled to find spaces at other schools, and three children from our class managed to transfer out. Still, for one teacher who's alone all day with 36 children, it's a terrible strain on everyone. Our class does not fit into the art classroom, the computer lab, or the music classroom, so students are forced to rotate and the teachers have lost all their curriculum planning time. The other fourth and fifth grade classes are equally huge. The jump in class size is due to the new TK class which started this year, pulling a classroom and teacher away from the upper grades. It is truly a shame, because the student body is great and the teachers are caring and capable. There's just no way that any teacher, however exceptional, can effectively teach such large classes in elementary school. And the principal? She tells parents that they'd better get used to it, because classes in middle school will be large.

Posted February 24, 2014
I have had a wonderful expirience at Roscomare Road Elementry!!! I have two kids at the school, grades K and 2. They have both had and continue to have exceptional teachers!! The schools academic standards have surpassed my expectations. The parent body is highly involved and raises monies needed for state cut programs. My kids partake in PE, art, science and music on a weekly basis. The school physically is quaint and small - and is maintained nicely. I do agree that traffic is an issue for some but only for 20 minutes in the morning and again at pick up - if you plan accordingly and leave with time traffic is not an issue. Roscomare is an amazing school filled with wonderful administration and gear families- I am proud to be a Roscomare parent!

Posted August 13, 2013
Both my children attend this school, and love their teachers. While the teachers can be considered strict and run a tight ship, they are also creative and caring. Every single one of the teachers we have has taught to the standards but also brought something more than just academics. For instance, one teacher would bring a fruit or vegetable into the class, and the kids would draw it, write about it in their journal, and sometimes even taste it. For instance, my son came home from class wanting me to make him spaghetti squash. This same teacher also would have the kids run a lap every day before starting class (and she ran it with them). Another teacher has a beta fish and a house plant on every desk for each kid and this is just in first grade. So even though this is a very academic school, the teachers still make a huge effort to keep in mind that they are teaching children who need more stimulation than just looking at a board. But at the same time, the academic teaching is amazing. My daughter went from barely knowing the whole alphabet when she started kindergarden to reading within 3 months. Parents are really involved and the staff are great.

Posted October 04, 2012
If you are even considering public school, look no further. Roscomare is the highest scoring elementary school in Los Angeles. The parent community is diverse, active, and very energized. Our children are challenged academically and thriving socially. There is art, music, PE, everything you could want at a public or private school. I have heard many parents with children entering Roscomare from prestigious private schools lamenting that their kids needed tutors to catch up to Roscomare's curriculum. It is a privilege to live in this area so we can attend this excellent school.

Posted August 13, 2012
Amazing teachers (every single one of them) and the education is spectactular...better than private schools. The parents are very involved, the principal visits each classroom, and the children are always happy.

Posted August 12, 2012
We have two children at this school and this will be our sixth year. The education that our children have received has been incredible! The entire school faculty is amazing. The Principal knows every child by name and is one of the most caring and considerate people I have ever met. We are truly lucky to have Roscomare as our local neighborhood school.

Posted July 21, 2010
This is a very fine school. My son, fortunately has the choice of going to the best private schools in the area and yet we chose Roscomare Road for the excellent teaching and challenging academics. Mr. Gaeta approach to teaching is like nothing I have seen elsewhere. All of the teachers are excellent. Principle DiMarco is a thoughtful, smart, hardworking leader. The parental involvement via the Booster Club is very impressive. Roscomare Road is not your typical LAUSD school. It is the very best in the area.

Roscomare Road Elementary School

Posted May 06, 2010
Wonderful teachers and learning environment.. My triplets have excelled at this school

Posted April 13, 2010
Amazing school. Very academic. Principal is a great leader. Teachers are experienced, brilliant and go above and beyond the curriculum. Smart and sweet kids, wonderful highly involved parents.

Roscomare Road Elementary School
2425 Roscomare Road, Los Angeles, CA  90077
Last modified Roscomare Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roscomare Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 149 reviews. Top