Posted February 24, 2014
I have had a wonderful expirience at Roscomare Road Elementry!!! I have two kids at the school, grades K and 2. They have both had and continue to have exceptional teachers!! The schools academic standards have surpassed my expectations. The parent body is highly involved and raises monies needed for state cut programs. My kids partake in PE, art, science and music on a weekly basis. The school physically is quaint and small - and is maintained nicely. I do agree that traffic is an issue for some but only for 20 minutes in the morning and again at pick up - if you plan accordingly and leave with time traffic is not an issue. Roscomare is an amazing school filled with wonderful administration and gear families- I am proud to be a Roscomare parent!

Posted August 13, 2013
Both my children attend this school, and love their teachers. While the teachers can be considered strict and run a tight ship, they are also creative and caring. Every single one of the teachers we have has taught to the standards but also brought something more than just academics. For instance, one teacher would bring a fruit or vegetable into the class, and the kids would draw it, write about it in their journal, and sometimes even taste it. For instance, my son came home from class wanting me to make him spaghetti squash. This same teacher also would have the kids run a lap every day before starting class (and she ran it with them). Another teacher has a beta fish and a house plant on every desk for each kid and this is just in first grade. So even though this is a very academic school, the teachers still make a huge effort to keep in mind that they are teaching children who need more stimulation than just looking at a board. But at the same time, the academic teaching is amazing. My daughter went from barely knowing the whole alphabet when she started kindergarden to reading within 3 months. Parents are really involved and the staff are great.

Posted October 04, 2012
If you are even considering public school, look no further. Roscomare is the highest scoring elementary school in Los Angeles. The parent community is diverse, active, and very energized. Our children are challenged academically and thriving socially. There is art, music, PE, everything you could want at a public or private school. I have heard many parents with children entering Roscomare from prestigious private schools lamenting that their kids needed tutors to catch up to Roscomare's curriculum. It is a privilege to live in this area so we can attend this excellent school.

Posted August 13, 2012
Amazing teachers (every single one of them) and the education is spectactular...better than private schools. The parents are very involved, the principal visits each classroom, and the children are always happy.

Posted August 12, 2012
We have two children at this school and this will be our sixth year. The education that our children have received has been incredible! The entire school faculty is amazing. The Principal knows every child by name and is one of the most caring and considerate people I have ever met. We are truly lucky to have Roscomare as our local neighborhood school.

Posted July 21, 2010
This is a very fine school. My son, fortunately has the choice of going to the best private schools in the area and yet we chose Roscomare Road for the excellent teaching and challenging academics. Mr. Gaeta approach to teaching is like nothing I have seen elsewhere. All of the teachers are excellent. Principle DiMarco is a thoughtful, smart, hardworking leader. The parental involvement via the Booster Club is very impressive. Roscomare Road is not your typical LAUSD school. It is the very best in the area.

Posted May 06, 2010
Wonderful teachers and learning environment.. My triplets have excelled at this school

Posted April 13, 2010
Amazing school. Very academic. Principal is a great leader. Teachers are experienced, brilliant and go above and beyond the curriculum. Smart and sweet kids, wonderful highly involved parents.

Posted February 18, 2010
We think Mr. Gaeta's teaching style is unbelievable. His encouraging words to our kids is much appreciated. We truly appreciate his creative ways. Our daughter loves being in his class.

Posted February 18, 2010
Roscomare is an amazing school and our family has had a great experience over the past 7 years. This year my child has been doubly blessed not just to be in a great school but to have been placed in Mr. Pablo-Gaeta s split 4/5th grade class. Mr. Pablo Gaeta is just a wonderful teacher, his creativity and enthusiasm that surrounds his personality and teaching style is more than just respectable, it is truly admirable. He has managed to inspire my child to want to learn and study. His fun loving, patience and caring attitude is something we all could only wish we had. He has invented a system that motivates and encourages the kids to do better. My child has never been so focused and determined to do so well in a class. My child s dedication to achieve a 100% on the tests in his class has even inspired my other children to do better and work harder. Mr. Pablo-Gaeta s star system and his invention of the JEDI/Star Wars atmosphere in the class has made the kids feel like a real community/something they want to be a part of. In addition, my child s vocabulary has grown beyond my wildest imagination even in this short period of time under Mr. Pablo-Gaeta s instruction. This special teacher s unique and creative teaching style not only emphasizes academic learning but also emotional stability and a healthy mental attitude. I think that we as adults need to take a step back and instead of criticizing Mr. Pablo-Gaeta s creative and different teaching style we need to be opened minded to a new way of doing things. Principle DiMarco had the forsight and vision to bring such a teacher to our school. I think some gratitude towards Mr. Pablo-Gaeta s willingness to go above and beyond for our children is in order. We all must remember that as parents, teachers and faculty we want the best for the kids; We are in a new time and a new generation, so perhaps a new way of teaching can help us all.

Roscomare Road Elementary School
2425 Roscomare Road, Los Angeles, CA  90077
Last modified Roscomare Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roscomare Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 147 reviews. Top