Bad
Good

Today I notice a big change in the school. Parents and students were greeted with great energy from the school staff. The teachers looked eager to teach. Staff were all over the place helping others. I think this year will be one of the first and many more to come were you are going to see positive changes through out the whole school.

Twenty-Fourth School is the worst in all of LAUSD! Totally out of compliance in sooooo mant ares. The principal is never called on anything because she is protected by her LAUSD buddies ( they were sor. sisters). This makes me so sick, that this goes on. But then again LAUSD puts the least effective administrators in the lowest schools and never LOOKS BACK!

My son attended this school and was not a happy camper. The school has struggle in their State test for many years. Teachers are no longer teaching as they should , they teaching to past the State test. I once ask to speak to the Principal and was told I needed an appointment. Once I scheduled an appointment the Principal was to busy to meet with me. It seems to be a facade to "try" and meet their API target, since the curriculum and administration does not really care about our children's education.

All of the skilled teachers have not left this school. There are still many veteran and highly qualified teachers at this school who haven't lost faith or confidence that all students can learn. It is very important that everyone is actively involved in the education of the child. From the parent who is the first teacher to the educator who takes over where the parent began. The children are our future and we must all give more than 100 % to make sure the children are receiving everything they need in order to become a productive citizen.

The principal has no business being a principal. She has never taught and does not even possess a teaching credential. She has no ability to move this school forward academically. She operates by intimidation. Most of the experienced teachers have left since her arrival. This school is a sinking ship with her at the helm.

24th St. Elementary has really disappointed me from the adminstration to the teachers. The principal seem to not have a handle on the performance of the school or the teachers. My daughter is in the second grade and she has a teacher that does not follow the curriculum. I had my other daughter removed from the school due to their inability to provide properly credentialed special eductation teachers. the principal does not take an active role in greeting the students she is lacking in social skills. All of the skilled teachers have left the school since this principal has been there. My daughter will no longer be attending 24th St. next year. It's a shame that I have to take my child out of her community to get an education. I believe the State should take over this school. They have been on PI for 5 years.

Leadership is what the school lacks! For PK culminations the principal was not there to give a speech or at least her presence should have been enough. culmination dates are set ahead of time in order for the principal to be aware. What kind of leadership do we show our kids. My son will no longer go there. My4th grade daughter has been attending there since PK is a shamed how the school has fallen in all aspects starting with principal. If anything the previous years the teachers have brought out the best of the students. Thanks for those wonderful teachers!

lots of sdministrative support. Poor staff communications.

Horrible Administration. No Leadership. The teachers are great and work as hard as they can, but administration continually puts up roadblocks.

The assistant principal is great. The last day of school the teacher speaks to me for the first time and tells me that my daughter is going to stay behind because she isn't doing well in reading. How come this was never brought to my attention before the last day of school. [The teacher] is not here for the children or to help them move on. She has done nothing to help my daughter. She is no part of 'No Child Left Behind'.

Last modified Twenty-Fourth Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.