Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 19, 2009
I like this school, the staff is atentive and my daughter's teacher Ms. Ra is exelent.

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted September 20, 2008

West Vernon Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2008
During this past year, West Vernon has really been working hard to meet the needs of all the students. The staff has been working even harder making sure to plan and teach the needed curriculum. This school has been improving and teachers have increased the challenges to their students. It's coming around, slowly but surely!

West Vernon Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2007

West Vernon Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2005
West Vernon really seems to be taking a positive turn. I have seen the test scores go up and the environment become more friendly. I especially like the parent meetings. I feel that the school will prosper with more buy-in from the commmunity and parents. The after school options are plentiful, with at least three programs to choose from including East Youth Services, YS Care, and L.A.'s Best. Through East Youth Services, students may join drill team, softball, basketball, football and other fun trips and projects. LA's Best and YS Care are more academically structured, but also offer arts/crafts. The teachers at West Vernon Avenue Elementary are dedicated to making positive change and we look forward to working together to create a better school and a better neighborhood.

West Vernon Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2004
My daughter has been attending this school for a year. I had to transfer her to this school due to our move and I feel she has not being challenged. I am trully sorry that this school is getting such low scores. I hope to transfer my child out of this school when she finishes her 2nd grade. I will move her to a school nearby my work that has just a slightly higher rating. At this point every percent counts. I am very dissapointed in this school.

West Vernon Avenue Elementary School
4312 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90037
Last modified West Vernon Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Vernon Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top