Bad
Good

I have been a part of so many activities involving this school, everyone was so kind and professional at the same time. This school teaches good values regarding education and its importance. It truly pushes you to do your best. This encouraged me to be a part of student government. I had a wonderful year here as a freshman

I believe the school gives us the opportunity to explore new classes and I really enjoy how each teacher teaches :)

The school is overall a pretty good school. At first I wasn't really enjoying it but over the past few months it started to get better.

It's not GREAT because there has been too frequent principal turnover and each year about five to eight teachers leave. They leave for different reasons, but the more consistent the staff, the better. It's GOOD because the counselors are so helpful with emotional troubles, setting up peer support, and helping with college and financial aid applications. The teachers are dedicated and stay after hours for support. They are also understanding of student need and connect well with them. Overall, students are motivated to do well and get to college.

If your transitioning from a private school to this public school system, this school is not for you. Academically, their performance is average. Classes aren't as hard as my previous school and the work load does not even compare to those at private. The only outstanding teachers in which I have actually learned something include Mr. Jackson, Ms Madruga And Ms Kowalski. Other freshmen teachers are good too but most of their stuff is review for me. School rules are a bit too strict. For example, after school they sometimes kick students out of school property unless you're there to do something. If the Alliance ever reads this, you gotta fix that. Also, I know many freshmen are leaving this school because our work is too easy and not challenging. Others are leaving because these rules are too strict.

ESAT for our family has been a blessing straight from heaven! I brought my oldest son because a friend highly recommended the Alliance schools to us and ESAT was the one closest to our home. Our son struggled in math his sophomore year, and then Junior and Senior years he just took off! During his Senior year he took 4 AP courses, passed the national exam with the highest score, and that is thanks to the teacher's dedication for all their students. His Senior year he got admitted to All 4 UC universities that he applied to also private universities like Reed College,Dartmouth College, Bowdoin just to name a few. He ended up choosing a private school in New York; the one he learned about in his 9th grade Social Issues class. He had the opportunity to visit and came back loving it even more, that's where he felt he belonged. He's only a month away from completing his first year of college and I cannot thank ESAT,Teachers, College counselors, Administration and supporting staff enough for preparing him to be where he is today. My family truly love all of ESAT.

This school is very horrid school. The principle and counselors always look out for themselves. The principle pushes the students to the very edge and pushes teachers even further. Several teachers even quit because of this. One teacher (whom left) was pushed to the utter limit and wasn't even given a sick day until she had collapsed in class. The counselors don't even look after the students but rather themselves. They only help the student who do the best in school and leave the rest to the hounds. At one point I even asked the counselors for assistance with a College application; they agreed and we settled a date for a meeting. When I went to the office the counselor wasn't there and when I asked where she might be, I was told that she was out having coffee.

I am a current student, and am currently in 12th grade. Starting freshman year here was tough, strict rules, and policies that were unreasonable. There has been three different principals in the time I've been here, and numerous teachers have resigned, and I get why. This school is very strict and do not allow their students to be able to express themselves. Mr. Guerra needs to be replaced for his lack of knowledge and is very unsensitive, and unprofessional.

This is a great school with great teachers. Teachers really care and go above and beyond to help their students. My daughter graduated in 2013 and has continued on to university. She is always saying how helpful the tools she learned at ESAT are for her at her university.

ESAT is a wonderful and I agree not the right fit for all students, my son attends here and he struggled the first year but the admin team and teachers never lost hope, he's currently a senior and college is all he has in mind. I am very satisfied with ESAT and hope it stays around for my younger children to attend. Thank you ESAT for coming to our community! Thank you Mr. Lappin, Dr. Eliza Zamor and now principal Ms. Chew.

Last modified Alliance Environmental Science And Technology High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.