Cathedral Chapel Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $907,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,130.

Sweep tile

Posted February 13, 2014

Having grown up in a Catholic home, I wanted to instill these values in my child, by having my child attend a Catholic school. Unfortunatly after having spend a lot of my hard earned money, and time searching. I am not pleased by any means with this school. Reading the previous posts, I agree with a lot of it(technology is up to date, but they pay more attention to updating that then other issues; parents are VERY clicky, gossiping in the school yard or making sure it is only their child who participates in the sports team; rude office staff; consistently asking for donations every month it is something new; teachers giving too much homework, with no direction on the assignments; no lesson plans followed in classroom; telling you that maybe your child doesn't belong in this school because they are not getting 4.0, then blaming the parent for lack of help at home I could go on and on.) My child is beyond unhappy right now, and will not be attending next year if changes are not made.

Posted January 26, 2014

This school is great if you are above grade level. They cater to one type of child...bright. They have high expectations, which is GREAT but what about those kids who need a little extra help. If your child is not doing well academically, they will suggest you look for tutoring elsewhere, which cost more $$. They are up to date on technology it seems, but yet some teachers still do not have web pages where a parent can go to look for projects and assignments. And do not let me get started on HOMEWORK!!! They give a lot! Don't they know that not all parents are wealthy and therefore some of us still have to work, make dinner, showers, extra curricular activities and try to spend some family time together. My child is doing about 6 hours of school a day plus another 3-4 hours of homework. But like I said, if your child is above grade level, and you have a nanny to do homework with your child, then you will like this school just fine.

Posted October 22, 2013

Im a student. Ive been attending this school since kindergarten, and i am currently in the 7th grade. Overall, its a very good school, and the technology is very advanced. The expectations are really high though, and its really hard to get a 4.0

Posted September 24, 2013

This school could really use a friendly staff. The front office greets you with rudeness and silence. Adults who are now in their 30's that were CCS students are shocked to know that the office staff is still there and have nothing nice to say about one individual. They say she was just as rude and mean back when they were in school. Parents are nickled and dimed for every little thing. Parents who put a lot of effort and time into the school are not appreciated and truly mistreated. Homework time is so overwhelming and at times ridiculous. The school is so far gone with technology that they fail to realize what this technology is doing to our kids. Some of the teachers yell to much at the kids and embarrass them in front of their peers. The class size is too big considering it is a private school and good money is being paid for these children.

Posted May 27, 2013

This school is just horrible. They keep spending their money on new technology and it isn't helping my child at all! They yell at my kid for having an imagination, and tell him he is a slacker! ;( I decided to transfer him to St. Brenden's! At least their church is usable now!

Posted March 16, 2012

After experiencing both public as well other private school educational systems, I truly believe that CCS is a RARE find in this day and age. The faculty and staff are constantly striving to improve the overall experience of every student. Our advancements in technology, including iPADs, a Mac lab, lcd projectors, interactive whiteboards & remote controls, as well as the recent addition of document cameras have transformed the way in which we are able to educate our students. We use a plethora of methods to teach and provide individualized attention to our students in ALL subjects. The curriculum is rigorous and has resulted in the success of our students in high school and beyond. We are now in the process of fundraising for a state of the art science lab and art room. With the careful and responsible planning of our principal we have been able to set goals and achieve them. Above all else, we are a family and a diverse community built on faith. It is truly a blessing to be a part of such a special place.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 17, 2011

There's one teacher in after school that yells at kids and a classroom teacher that forces her smile after she says something mean and condescending. I'm saying that, hopefully the principal would correct them or hire somebody else. I'm giving the school five stars inspite of those teachers that are not kind and positive because over all the school is great: academics, safety and for the catholic education.

Posted June 8, 2011

CCS has excellent students, families, and office staff. Some teachers are great, even inspirational. Other teachers yell at the kids too much, for my liking. I am taking my kids to another school.

Posted May 10, 2010

My son is the 11th member of my family to attend Cathedral Chapel. We keep coming back because of the family atmosphere, the diversity of the student body, the faculty and the high standards and academics that they keep improving upon. The school was recently accredited for 6 years, the longest possible term. We love CCS and so will you.

Posted November 2, 2009

They care about the children.

Posted October 29, 2009

CCS has a wonderfully nurturing environment, it's like a big, happy family.

Posted October 29, 2009

I love Cathedral Chapel School because even though it's small it's like another family other than your own. You have friends that have been with you forever and you will never forget them. You also find out how to build a good character and a basic way to study. CCS is also a loving school where the teachers are friendly and you can connect with them. If you go to CCS you will have a great experience whether or not you have ups and downs my life at CCS has been great! Go CCS. Hope you win!

Posted October 23, 2009

Both my nephew and niece went to School at Cathedral Chapel and received a wonderful education. A very caring and giving school.

Posted October 22, 2009

'We are so thankful to the Catherdral Chapel School Management, the Principal and the Teachers for instilling such great values in our children'

Posted October 22, 2009

CCS offers such a great teaching with highly respectable teachers. This cannot get better than this!!!

Posted October 21, 2009

The students are very respectful. The teachers have done an excellent job teaching the students respect for one another, good manners & great academic standards.

Posted October 20, 2009

CCS makes my Grandson happy while he is learning which makes me happy.

Posted October 19, 2009

We have the best academic decathlon team!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 19, 2009

we have the best education you can ever imagine. we have our own little community that shares our love with everybody !

Posted October 19, 2009

we have the best teachers! they provide every bit of knowledge to this school! <3

Ethnicity This school
White 8%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Asian 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

755 South Cochran Avenue