Los Angeles, CA

Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted September 15, 2014
Let's keep it real parents. This school is an okay school. Here is the run down. 1st grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade and 8th grade teachers are old. Not into the technology and not active with the kids. Like most teachers just collecting a pay check until retirement. 8th grade teacher runs the show, her way or the highway. 5th grade teacher thinks she knows it all and has MAJOR attitude. She spends more time on Facebook then teaching. Gives a worksheet out so she can be on facebook. Kindergarten teacher and Aid dress like they're coming from the dance club. TK teacher is more like a babysitter, doesn't teach the kids anything but nap time. The principal is old, not active, not into teaching these kids technology.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2011
I am so grateful for all Sacred Heart has done for our children. My daughter continues to excel and will be going to college this fall. This past year my son was challenged academically to do the best he could and work beyond his potential. For this we are grateful, he is now fully prepared for Jr. High. His teacher was well prepared and always willing to help after school. What more could we ask for?

Posted January 16, 2010
As an alumni of the school, I am proud to send my daughter to this wonderful school. The teachers have led by example and are preparing my daughter for her future years in education. I am confident she will succeed in the future due to the strong foundation Sacred Heart has instilled in her. I have seen them work collaboratively with the parents to ensure that as parents we are the primary educators. GO LANCERS!

Sacred Heart Elementary School 5

Posted January 11, 2010
As a parent and College educator I am personally glad to find a school of excellence for my son's first years of education. The teachers and staff are kind, loving, friendly, and excel in achieving the students performances, above all they all have one thing in common Family Dedication and that is the unique way of them being there for the students and their families. Thanks, and God Bless! Rodriguez Family 2nd grade

Posted September 16, 2009
Sacred Heart has been a regretable experience. From day one, I should have trusted my feelings, the secretary was rude, uninformative and was too busy socializing with the rest of the office volunteers. Every single time I went into that office, i felt I was interupting play time and was given short answers that only triggered me to ask more questions, when my concerns could have easily been answered by the secretary explaining the process. For example, the lunch system, they use a card, her answers were simply yes or no, a parent waiting in line had to step in and explain the process, which is the secretary's job. Another concern was the school's communication techniques or should I say the lack of proper communication, they have casino night for a fundraiser, they send a list of items needed with no date of when the casino night was.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2009
The first five words that come to my mind regarding Sacred Heart are: commitment, respect, academics, family, and friendship. Not only are these qualities I see in this institution, but they also reflect our Faith. Based on Christ's teachings on Love and Respect, one can see unity as you would in any family. With 2 down and one more to go, I would do it all over again! Sr. Maria Elena is a wonderful human being and Principal. WASC Accredited too! :)

Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2009
Hi my name is....my son is attending this school and it is not what i expected. he is constantly having a lot of homework that his teacher does not review with the class. His class has not been on a field trip all year. Every report card it is always satisfactory and needs improvement. They can never give him a compliment on his effort.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted July 14, 2008
My daughter entered the Sacred Heart familia in 2006, and was greeted with lots of love! by her teachers, and principle Sr. Maria Elena who is a wonderful human being, full of love and ready to help. Sacred Heart is the BEST school ever !!!! I as a parent and an alumni recommend sacred heart elementary.

Posted January 09, 2008
This is the first year for both of my children at Sacred Heart. I am so impressed with the pricinpal and also the teachers. I have seen a great & positive change with my son. His grades are better, he is more interested in school. They make us feel like we belong to a family. I think transferring my children here was the best thing I could do for them. I want to say THANK YOU!

Sacred Heart Elementary School
2109 Sichel Street, Los Angeles, CA  90031
Last modified Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Sacred Heart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top