Los Angeles, CA

Visitation Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2014
If your child does not fit into their mold and has one problem your child becomes scorned for the duration and some of the teachers become very petty. The teachers made my son feel unworthy... In hind sight i should of followed some of the reviews pertaining to boys having a rough time. they definately favor girls and once your kid is on the bad list you should pull out immediately.

Posted June 17, 2013
Visitation School has provided our 2 kids with a great education thus far, decent classroom sizes, and a wonderful safe environment. MOST importantly, our kids are happy and truly enjoy being at school. Also, the principal has made several positive changes in the school since he started and we are proud to be a part of the Visitation community.

Posted January 07, 2013
This school is amazing. The comment from the parent with 1 star must be mistaken. First of all, they offer Algebra and students are going to high school taking Honors Geometry in 9th grade. Also, about the discipline, yes, it is strict. If your child made a wrong decision, there are consequences. Bullying is not tolerated by the principal or teachers and it is dealt with. If your child is responsible for that, then they need to take responsibility. They don't suspend kids for being spritied, they suspend kids for being bullies. I appreciate that my child is safe as a result of the schools strict policies on behavior.

Posted December 20, 2012
I completely disagree with that last review. This school is everything we would hope it would be and more. We have experience at both local public and other private and this school really is better. However, it is strict and if your child is a bully or gets into trouble a lot the child will get disciplined. If that's a problem for you, find another school. Also, the principal and teachers are amazing.

Visitation Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
If your kid doesn't fit the mold she/he will not succeed there! They advertise Advanced Math and Reading Programs ; they are NOT TRUE!! Our child was bored out of him mind therefore getting in trouble. They are not equipped to deal with 'spirited kids and rather than helping parents deal with it they just label them as 'bad' and provide 'independent studies' to the child (suspension). If you are progressive (not regressive) and know your kid needs to be stimulated DO NOT ENROLL HERE! Parents MAKE this school but staff and teachers are not fully prepared.

Visitation Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2012
I agree with most of what has been said, except the part about the second grade test scores. I am a parent of a second grader and their test scores are low. I also personally did not weather the tuition increase well at all. And as you can see from this year, the tuition went up again. I think we should respect that everyone's experience is going to be different and thus our facts will be different too.

Posted February 10, 2012
I agree! This school has been wonderful experience for my kids. The past two years have been tremendous. Visitation really delivers!

Posted June 13, 2011
This year has been one of the very best at Viz! The new principal is completely committed to the education of the students, the growth of the school and to ensuring that the best teachers are teaching our kids. He is smart, enthusiastic, spiritual and forward thinking. He is present at school everyday, available to speak with the parents and routinely visits the classrooms and knows all of the students! He handles problems quickly and appropriately and open to suggestions and parent ideas. Along with the new Pastor (who is also great!), Viz is an awesome place for our and your kids to learn and to grow! We love the school and would not choose any other!

Posted March 06, 2011
The new principal is amazing! We recently moved from another local Catholic school simply because of all the great things happening this year. I have been so happy with the change. The teachers are the best, with credentials and Master's Degrees. The new principal is always there and involved. Also, the parent community we have been introduced to is so welcoming. WE LOVE VISITATION!

Visitation Elementary School 4

Posted February 16, 2011
It is a wonderful small school that gives their children the attention and tools they need to thrive acedemically as well as spiritually. The principal and staff are always available and truly care about each and every one of their students. It's refreshing and about time I found an "educational home" for my son. I feel very fortunate to have my son attending this school.

Visitation Elementary School
8740 Emerson Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90045
Last modified Visitation Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Visitation Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top