Los Angeles, CA

Posted October 06, 2014
My family has been going to this school for many generations. I now have my daughter at SBS and I can say that the school has never been better and stronger with their curriculum. Great teachers and absolutely greater leadership by our Principal. She is very hard working and she knows each and every kid in the school. The teachers are all pro-active and always helping the kids. They even offer free tutorial after school. Such a great school and an awesome environment for the kids.

St. Bernard Elementary School 4

Posted November 08, 2013
St. Bernard Catholic School is one of the best school located in the North-East Los Angeles. All of the staff are awesome especially the principal who is always working to improve the school academically. As parents of 2 young kids currently attending St Bernard Catholic School, we know that this is a great foundation for them. This school is so good that some parents attended the same school back when they were in grade school. Parents actively gets involve with school activities and fund raising for their kids. Good school with good catholic faith!

Posted May 03, 2012
Update: There is a new staff, there aren't any combined classes, there are numerous extracurriculars (academically and athletically), and a great majority of the students move on to Catholic High Schools such as Immaculate Heart, Loyola, Villanova Preparatory, La Salle, Cathedral, Sacred Heart, Providence, and Holy Family. This school is truly amazing and I love it so much :)

Posted January 29, 2012
I am a proud teacher at Saint Bernard Catholic School and feel honored to serve the Glassell Park Community. As a member of the staff I can say that St. Bernard's is a great environment to teach in and I am privileged to work for a fantastic principle who puts the students' needs first and has worked hard to make the school great! She has worked to get technology into the classrooms, implemented a new math program, worked to receive new programs to improve literacy, and is constantly looking for the best options available. Our staff is wonderful and we are constantly learning to provide our students with the best education possible. We work well together and that affects student learning for the positive. We have wonderful programs that help mold our students to be empowered, active, and faithful. In addition to wonderful students we have been blessed with fantastic parents who understand the importance of a quality Catholic education and the need for their support. The parents and community are always willing and able to help when and where they are needed. I am truly blessed to be apart of all the great things that are happening at St. Bernard Catholic School.

St. Bernard Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2011
I am currently attending SBS and about to graduate. I havr experienced both sides of the previous staff and the newest staff. Since it's the time of the new staff, I must say SBS has improved very well. Our teachers are humurous, fun, strict, and determined. The same for the students and entire faculty/staff. We have decathlon, speech, leadership, computer rooms, PE, music(taught by a member of a band, and Shakespeare(aslo taught by the music teacher!) and an art class. We have annual Science fairs, the 6-8 Religion teacher attented WYD for an excellent guidance video and many of the students have won awards nationwide, including writing comps. In LA, Conference to DC offers, and much more. We are taught to be empowered students, active individuals, and faithful disciples. I strongly recommend for you to have your child attend this amazing school. I will never forget the values and teachings I've been taught! GO TROJANS!!!!

Posted January 25, 2011
I have two children at the school and we've been there for at least 7 years. The school has a new principal. She is like a tornado. I've never seen a principal work so hard. On her own, she has actively brought in private funding to help the school. Also because she has both public and private school experience she knows exactly where to find money and what programs we can benefit from. The result: she has put the school on a strong financial footing, she has hired new passionate teachers; implemented lots of new program such as art and music, storytelling, and even Shakespeare. She also found money for laptops for all the teachers and smart boards for all the classrooms. And the teachers find ways to integrate technology with the classroom studies. We also have a new computer lab, academic decathlons, speech tournaments, and sports. We also have a strong parent organization. Overall, I am very happy with St. Bernard.

Posted March 20, 2009
This school has some excellent teachers and provideds a lot of good religious education along with it's academic curriculum. It is small, and will have a combined K/1 class, which gives kids a lot of individual attention, but also means that there are not a lot of extras. There is no computer lab, no physical education program, and any extras (like hot lunches) are parent provided, not school provided. The good academics combined with less than average extras makes this school average at best.

Posted March 19, 2009
This school provides a great, family feel, and lots of attention. It is lacking in some curriculum areas, with no P.E., no active computer lab, and no educational aides in any classes. Parents need to put in a lot of work, but kids do learn a lot in the school.

Posted March 11, 2009
Wonderful School! Each students are given lots of individual attention. I know many who graduated from St. Bernard & they've had nothing but pleasant things to say about their expierences at St. Bernard. The office staff & teachers are great. The kids K-8 treat one another like family.

Posted March 09, 2009
This school is going through a lot of changes. St. Bernards is run by the parents so many extra programs depend on the volunteers and some programs like computers and tutoring have been cut. The academics are good for but as far as innovative teaching or new ideas this school is lacking. Average at best.

St. Bernard Elementary School
3254 Verdugo Road, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified St. Bernard Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Bernard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top