Bad
Good

This school needs new leadership! It's time for the district to replace the Principal with a person that actually understands what the students need. The administration is about appearances and test scores and not about students and their needs. Student safety and student learning should always be the first priority and with what my child experienced at La Paz it was clear that student safety was not the first priority!

My 8th grader has really soared at this school. He went from average grades to all A's and a few B's. It is obvious how much the teachers enjoy teaching by their enthusiasm and my own student's development. The parent involvement is pretty great. Those parents who are involved put in 100% and put together: International Day, 7th grade Renaissance Fair, Zombie Fundraiser, etc. I would only suggest that the District invest in more technology including a more robust wifi for the technology classes.

In response to the previous review. The scores speak for the school. I suggest you use spellcheck, or review the more rigorous English curriculum before posting.

This school is awful they do evrything there own way not the districts way, and the music teacher is awful she visited my daughters school and look at her and said "i bet you want me to shut up now dont you" this school deserves a 4 too much ressecces los alisos only has one its a way better school

My son is in 7th grade and absolutely loves La Paz. One of his comments was, "You can't not learn there. The teachers make it so easy." He has become so much more independent and responsible with his homework. The teachers are very involved with each student's progress and encourage them to achieve their best.

I have never seen such a high concentration of teachers who refuse to teach and instead assign worksheets that they *hope* give some knowledge to the student. I feel bad for the few teachers who really try to teach and who's reputation is just ruined by the others.

Excellent. I am very happy with this school. My son just graduated from the school. He has gain the skills and confidence he needs to prepare for high school. The teachers are 6 stars. Everything was super, including the fun sports activities during lunch time. Best pick intermediate school.

with only two years of middle school & 900+ students, people have a variety of experiences. My sensitive 7th grader had an easy entry b/c of the WEB program (Where Everyone Belongs) & that La Paz places all students in groups- "tribe, village, or camp"- where they share the same teachers. Yes, there will be some students who tease & bully others, & you may not like a teacher anywhere, but the school culture matters. Staff involvement in school activities was great (even after school--better than our top-rated elementary school!) & when my student had a tough time, the school counselor, VP, & teachers were extremely helpful. Love the music program (band w/ Mr Robbins-- I hear great things about orchestra too). Since it is a daily class, with performances at night, kids feel a part of something special. (I hear similar things about Drama, & the Arts electives from other parents.). The key for me is parent involvement, & since many struggle to find a balance b/t allowing their tween some space yet staying involved, it's sometimes lacking. Office staff are very helpful, the principal (Ms Carroll) is amazing, with just the right amount of the "cool" factor for the kids & authority.

I am a student in the seventh grade at la paz. It is a great school, and has the best teachers in the state. It would be very hard to find a better than this. All of the classes are really intense, though, and require a lot of effort and focus. But it's because of the intensity of the school that I've learned so much. The teacher are really involved, and they're constantly doing things to make the experience at La Paz more enjoyable. This would be a great school option. Trust me

I don't care for this intermediate school. My daughter went there for 7th grade and will be attending La Paz for 8th grade also. There are two things that bothered my husband and I. 1. P.E. was all fun and games and not much exercise involved. 2. There are no honors classes for 7th grade so our daughter was required to complete regular class work as well as honors work. We feel they should offer honors classes for 7th grade. Our former school district, Newport/Mesa, placed her in all honors classes but when we moved to MV we found out they didn't offer honors for 7th grade only extra honors work. Now she will be going into 8th grade honors. I have to say the teachers are great. We just don't care for the school districts policies.

Last modified La Paz Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.