Modesto, CA

Posted March 03, 2012
Throught my high schools i went to 4 different high schools. Elliott High school was by far the best in my opinion. Elliott gets a lot of negitive attention from the other schools and a lot of parents dread the day they're told their children have to go here, but they shouldn't. Elliott teachers are the most interested and teachers in Modesto. They treat the students like actual people rather than subhuman teenagers like a lot of the other schools. They really want you to be the best possible version of yourself that you can be and help you achieve that. Before Elliott i felt the teachers looked at us like nothing more than a paycheck and did just enough in the classroom to make it by. At Elliott I felt they cared and really had our best interest at heart. I swear, I learned more at Elliott than any other school and if definitely changed my opinion of high school educators.

Robert Elliott Alternative Education Center 4

Posted May 19, 2011
My son has been attendng Elliot for almost 6 months and he has made huge improvements in several areas. His grades are where they should be and most of the teachers are helpful and friendly towards him.

Robert Elliott Alternative Education Center 2

Posted February 28, 2011
I have had 4 children attend this school and currently have 2 enrolled. The teachers leave a lot to be desired. Unless the students are self motivated success is almost unattainable. The school is run more like a jail then an education center. Campus security and teachers are allowed to accuse students of punishable offenses without the student being able to defend themselves. When faculty claims a student has done something it is nearly impossible to get anyone to listen even when there is proof that the accused did not do what is being claimed. Faculty is inconsistent when it comes to discipline in that two students can commit the same offense and one will be suspended while the other is not. In the beginning I believed that the shorter days and no homework would work well for my children but when you couple that with the lack of teachers help and the uncaring attitude of the faculty it makes Elliot Education Center a complete waste of building space in the community.

Posted December 21, 2007
I`ve been Attending Elliot for about a month now and I cant believe how much I have improved. I went from failing to straight A`s in one month!

Robert Elliott Alternative Education Center 3

Posted May 31, 2007
My daughter attending Elliott about six months now. I See a whole lot of improvement. She's seem to like it and attend class regularly.

Robert Elliott Alternative Education Center 2

Posted May 23, 2005
My son has been at this school for 1 year now. I haven't seen much to be impresed about. It seems as though not only do the students lack motvation, the teachers don't expect much from their students either.

Posted January 19, 2005
My daughter went to this school, and I can tell u she did much better than at Downey High. The ratio of teachers to students is much better, more one on one instruction, and the teachers seemed to care more about their students.

Robert Elliott Alternative Education Center
1440 Sunrise Avenue, Modesto, CA  95350
Last modified Robert Elliott Alternative Education Center is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Robert Elliott Alternative Education Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top