Modesto, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 29, 2012
My child attends this school and I am finding myself considering a move. They have a bully problem and they do not really do much about the problem. Also some of the staff treat parents as if they are more of a problem. They are very disrespectfull in some manners. Not all, some of them are great but the Admin needs some work.

Posted September 06, 2011
My older two daughters went to here and it was great. The current administration and yard duty are completely useless. This school has a real problem with bullies and they do nothing about it. Their rememdy is to have the victim hold the bullies hand, apologize and then promise to be friends. They just cannot deal with this type of issue. It is a real shame it used to be a great school

Bernard L. Hughes Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2010
I love this school. The teachers are constantly informing you of your child progress throughout the year.

Posted May 21, 2009
Hughes is a school where the students just arent a body in the class. Our teachers care about our students on a personall level and give above and beyond of what is required of them. I couldnt ask for a better educational experience for my children.

Posted September 27, 2008

Posted September 27, 2008

Posted August 11, 2008
There are some really outstanding and dedicated teachers at Hughes, but the school suffers from poor leadership. Playground and outside supervision is marginal at best. The teachers are at odds with the administration. The Empire School District is one of the worst in Stanilaus County and Hughes in one of the reasons.

Bernard L. Hughes Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2008
My kids have been attending Bernard Hughes for the last 5 years and we know have 3 of our kids enrolled there. The Principal, including the prior Principal Mr. McDaniels to our current Principal Mrs. Reberg have been wonderful. They truly care about our children and they have a passion for education. Every teacher my children have had has taken a real interest in their success and has given us constant feedback. I couldn t be happier with the administration, staff, and students. Oscar

Bernard L. Hughes Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2007
I have been extrememly pleased with Hughes. The principal, teachers, and staff are wonderful, and very caring. Education and Character are big at this school, and it shows with my son. My son has continued to thrive here at hughes, and I am grateful to the folks at hughes who have gone the extra mile for my son.

Posted March 27, 2007
It is unfortunate because we had been very satisfied with our daughter's previous three years at Hughes. Her instructors did not seem very engaged and her students attitudes reflected this. The students were distracted and disinterested and we, as parents, had no good feedback from her to help our daughter. Our daughter's education took a back seat.

Bernard L. Hughes Elementary School
512 North Mcclure Road, Modesto, CA  95357
Last modified Bernard L. Hughes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bernard L. Hughes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top