Modesto, CA

Posted February 06, 2011
My daughter went to school, it was wonderful, the teachers are very involved with the students, the principal at the time was Miss Rockey was also great. My daughter struggles in school a little and they understood and took xtra time to help her out, she got excellent marks when she attended this school. We moved so we had to move her to a different school, its awful! Don't know what you have until you lose it!.....We miss this School!!

El Vista Elementary School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
I agree, Mrs. Rockey was a great principal. I'm sorry but I can't say the same about the new principal .... enough said!!!!

El Vista Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2010
Both of my children are in the Academy program at El Vista. All the teachers are excellent instructors who really care that each of their children succeed. Most of the teachers are really good about informing the parent of what's going on with their child at school whether it's an e-mail directly from the teachers or through their on-line report card system SnapGrades. Via SnapGrades I can monitor and track my children's grades in real time day by day. The principal, Mrs. Rockey, is a wonder person who really cares for each of her children, motivates them to do their best. She greets every child with a big smile and she is very much liked by every student, staff and parent. Since Mrs. Rockey has come to El Vista, the school has improved by leaps and bounds thanks to her amazing leadership and her very competent staff.

Posted March 08, 2010
This school actually cares about the children who attend. I am informed of even the smallest infractions and Ms Rockey is a wonderful Principal. The office staff is kind and always remembers me. They always great me with a friendly hello and I definitely feel welcome in the school. The teachers are more than willing to discuss you studnet and of their progress and make suggestions to help if needed. The regularly have fun family oriented movie nights for parents and students and even other family members to attend together at no charge. The kids are awarded each trimester for grades attendence and improvement. As far as ADHD I know first hand they are on it if you are and keep them informed communication is key. They even have a lil girl power group where they girls can talk about body image, self esteem etc its really great for them.

El Vista Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
El Vista not only has wonderful students but also a wonderful staff and principal. They believe that every child can succeed and work hard every day to ensure that they do! They are constantly coming up with new ways to help students set and achieve their goals. I am proud to have the opportunity to be connected with El Vista School.

El Vista Elementary School 2

Posted February 25, 2009

El Vista Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2009
Overall this is a good school, but i am finding more and more that they are not equipped to deal with ADHD-ODD children on a regular basis. I also find a lack in parent/teacher communication about the student. Parents are seldom notified when there is a problem with the child or the child is sent to the office.

Posted June 03, 2008
Great School! My 2 boys (k, 5th grade) love it!

Posted September 11, 2007

Posted August 26, 2007
I have two children that attend El Vista. The new office staff have gone above and beyond in helping us with our needs. They are always very helpful and caring no matter how busy and crowded the office gets. We also commend you on your teaching staff. We can trust that our children are getting the best education with a staff like at El Vista. Thank you for being great caring educators and staff!

El Vista Elementary School
450 El Vista Avenue, Modesto, CA  95354
Last modified El Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top