Bad
Good

I heard that Plymouth "USE" to be the best elementry in the city of Monrovia. Ever since my kid started its been nothing but Disapointment after Disapointment. The principal NEVER listens to the parents concerns when it comes to the child's teacher. She always says that the teacher is right. News flash THEY ARE NOT always right!! The PTA shows no effort in doing anything for the school. There is no excitement, nothing to look forward to. They always tell you a week or less when something is going to be going on in the school. And ALWAYS give the wrong time. The teachers look like they don't care about there students. The aids (helpers) don't seem like they care either. They focuse on the wrong stuff. Rumor has it that if it wasnt for the new mandarin classes, Plymouth would only last about a year or 2.

Since their new principal has arrived the school has gotten worse. Their api scores are one of the lowest around the district...check for yourself. The academics are below grade level and some of the teachers seem underqualified. Im wondering what crendetialing is even required of these instructors!? They pass Some from one grade to the next even if the child is struggling...UNBELIEVABLE! I had my child tested for private school admission but tested a grade below. They have endless days off, which makes it even worse for a child to ever learn a thing. There after school program isnt much better. They claim to provide homework help but when I checked my childs homework there were some mistakes that went unnoticed. There staff doesnt seem to qualified to help with homework assignments. Knowledge is power, do your homework and speak up when if you think the school has less than average academic.

My daugther went for kindergarden and I love it. Excelent Principal, staff and the teacher . We have to move because we buyed house in another city. I recomended 100%.

My son's previous school is Plymouth. He loves it! Especially the teachers. They have gate program. But too bad they don't have year around schedule any more...

The school was average at best. I barely paid attention in class and i still managed to have one of the highest grades in the school. I was constantly picked on since I was the "new kid" who transferred in the middle of the school year, and now that I look back, I only had one real friend there, and she was labeled as the weirdo of the class. Nevertheless, I really liked my teacher there and the principal was friendly too. The year round schedule let me have long vacations too.

I would give this school 6 out of 5 stars if I could. All 4 of my kids free up in Plymouth and my youngest is still attending. I wish they still had the year round schedule but the amazing teachers truly care about the growth and development of the students' minds and character and our new principal is very involved and energetic and we know there are many more great things to come in our school's future!

I have never in my experience dealt with such caring staff and teachers. I was treated like I was family and had no worries when my children attended this school.The parents are very involved and it the vibe is so wonderful.

There are many wonderful, caring adults at this school. The campus is nestled in a very safe area and the enrollment size is great. Not too large, allowing the staff to get to know the children and families. The best feature is that it is YEAR-ROUND, 3 months on, 1 months off. This allows teachers and students to be refreshed, and prevents burn-out and eliminates the need for remedial work every Fall, like traditional schools. It also means that families can take vacations in the off seasons, and only need to find activities/childcare for a month at a time instead of the entire summer.

Teachers are very caring and really challenge the children. If they meet the standards, they don't just keep the kids there, they keep challenging them to higher standards.

Our school is awesome. We have great kids that love to learn. We have a great staff that is always encouraging our children to do their best and we have a pricipal that cares for each and every student. Student success is very important at our school. We have a lot of proud parents that help make our school great.

Last modified Plymouth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.