Bad
Good

My daughters attended Bethune in 2012. Their experience was so bad that I switched their school in the middle of the year. My youngest daughter had a very mean teacher. The teacher was highly inappropriate, coming to school on Halloween as the girl from the Hunger Games and bringing a real crossbow with her. Additionally, my daughter was cussed at on a daily basis with no recourse for the offender. My oldest daughter was bullied endlessly by a boy who wanted to date her and she politely declined his advances. This boy attempted to punch her multiple times. He would trip her, spit his food out and throw it at her face, etc.. Another time he attempted to put her into the trash can during lunch. The campus supervisors are useless and the principal wasn't any better. Mr. Rashad ended up having the bully and my daughter sit in his office while he wrote up a fake "restraining order" on them both. They were supposed to stay at least 100 feet from each other at all times. Trouble is, they were in the same class all day long and there was no way to comply with his "order." To the best of my knowledge, this boy was never suspended or disciplined outside of the "restraining order" and a few stern conversations with the principal. I would not recommend this school to any parent.

I have two students attending Bethune Elementary. We are very happy with principle Kaleb Rashad. He has proven that he is concerned with the well being of my children's education and health. Mr. Rashad is present to help anyone out with any issues. We also love our Teachers. Mrs. Frost and Ms. Francis are outstanding teacher that get the job done. Both of my children are reading and completing math problem beyond their grade levels, all thanks to the school staff. The kids love going to the library where there are numerous books to check out. The computer lab visits are another hot topic during dinner. The afterschool program is just an added bonus to helping our family out with homework and child care. This is our second year at Bethune and we will be attending this school until my kids graduate. #BethuneRocks #TeamBethune

The school is wonderful because the principal shows his presence, always. He is aware of what's going on in the school and care about the well-being of the students and their education. He is a very up-beat person.

This school was a good school before. .now I dont want to put my kids in that school. .the teacher r great teacher. my kids have been there since kindergarten n now with the changes of principal is not the same school any more...I only give one star to the school because of the teachers...other then that no stars...alot of bullies. ..n nothing gets done n the new front desk woman's omg..they need to have a good customer service. ..

I am completely disappointed with the new change in principal. Our former principal she was great and the new principal is well he is not up to par to be polite about it. The front office is unwelcoming and boring and front office staff is not as friendly and it is very sad. It is an elementary school not a military type school. I feel for the parents of the kids who are suffering from some type of bullying and the lack of consequences for those students doing the bullying. This school had potential, but I feel it is getting worse instead of better. Bethune definitely needs major changes.

This school is in dire need of help. Students get bullied, the duties are unfriendly and do not attend to bullying issues on the playground. The principal is new and must be overwhelmed because he does not follow through when he states that he will do something. My children do not feel safe at this school and are cussed at by other students on a daily basis. There are weekly assessments which is why their test scores are high. They also have weekly lessons on bullying, but it doesn't seem to be having a positive impact on their students or their teachers.

I have worked at Bethune for many years now and I have to say that we have an amazing staff headed by a great principal. Our principal expects excellence from herself, the staff, and the students, and it shows in all areas. We have hard working teachers who go the extra mile it takes to acheive the best from their students. Our students love coming to school. The support staff is helpful, supportive, and friendly. We welcome all with a smile. We all work together to encourage and build up each student. I must add, also, that we have amazing parents who come and help out at our school. I love working at Bethune.

This school is so much more advanced in teaching than any others I have heard of. I have friends with kids in Corona and Riverside school districts and they don't offer the wonderful programs that my children enjoy. Any one would be pleased to have their children attend Bethune Elementary

I love this school. Bethune offers a lot of cultural learning opportunities that I didn't have at my elementary school. I enjoy how each teacher is very involved in each student's development, which makes me give this school such a high rating. The only reason why it is not a perfect rating is because I believe that this school needs a computer lab. It may have to do with budget issues, but I have concerns for the students entering a highly technical world and no experience. Other than that, I love this school for my kids.

Last modified Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.