Bad
Good

Really like the new school Principal and teachers. There is tremendous parent involvement. Both my kids really like this school.

My nephew's teacher was positive and encouraging and helped him to be excited about school.

The pricipal spends her time wandering around or watering plants instead of doing her job. She is incompetent and should be replaced.This used to be a good school, when my children went there, but not any more. They do not teach phonics in kindergarten, but expect a child to be able to read when they start first grade. They will not follow a 504 plan for a child with a learning disorder, or give them extra help. Be prepared to hire a tutor if you want your child learn and have some self esteem.

My daughter is been going to this school since Kindergarten and we absolutely love it here! Our son will be starting this coming year and we're very excited about it!

Kennedy is a wonderful school and we've been so happy there. There are always improvements that can be made and as others have said, stronger leadership from the principal is needed. That being said, considering the terrible state that our schools are in and the lack of funding that seems to get worse with each new year, this school does a LOT with very little. Our children's needs are being met in the classroom, there is fantastic parent involvement and there are so many extra activities for the kids and families to attend. We were worried when we first entered the public school system, but have been more that satisfied and happy with our experience with Kennedy.

strong agree, the main reason we movedout because the Principal's poor leadership and bulling. The principal no skills, no displine for these problems.

Great parent involvement and good teachers. Lots of nice kids and families in this community. Very poor leadership by Principal. No discipline program in place. Test scores are dropping every year. Big problems with bullying on playground. High teacher turnover. District needs to replace the principal if they want to turn this school around.

I love this school!!Its SOOOO cool!!All the teachers are nice especially Mrs.Valerie Smith.She always pushes her studens to do their best and never give up!!I look up to her!She is my role model!

My child has attended Kennedy since the third grade and I am extremely happy with each and every teacher she has had. Her 3rd grade teacher won honors as teacher of the year from the school district. All the teachers care about the students and make them feel proud of their accomplishments. The school seems very safe and all the kids look to be very happy. Kennedy involves families in many aspects such as productions, book faires, book making, walk a thon, winter treasures, harvest festivals and more. It's a wonderful place to send my child.

Excellent programs, especially for young kindergarteners. I have had 2 of my children start kindergarten at this school and it really developed them quickly to adapt to school. Great music program and lots of fun extracurricular activities. Parent involvement is great. When attending field trips, dont be surprised if every single parent shows up..

Last modified John F. Kennedy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.