Bad
Good

I have three children who attend Newcastle Elementary School. I absolutely love this school. My daughter has been at NES since kindergarten and she is in 7th grade. She has never had a bad teacher. The new principal is outstanding. She sends out a weekly announcement so you never feel out of the loop. She greets each student as they arrive to school by their name. The teachers are loving, hard working and hold high expectations for the students. Every week the students (TK-5) participate in PE, rhythm and movement, Spanish, library, computer lab, and music. NES has never taken away programs for the students even with financial cut backs. The field trips that the students take are amazing and create life long memories for the students. NES invests their money into the students. The communication between parents and teachers is excellent. I always know how my kids are doing in class. The teachers are very accessible and easy to reach for any reason. NES is a family. The small class sizes and big buddy/little buddy program allows for everyone to know each other and develop relationships beyond the class room. The school is extremely welcoming and inclusive. Disciple issues are handled immediately. I feel so blessed to have found such a great place for my children to learn and grow into their teenage years.

I have children who have attended all grades at Newcastle Elementary School and I could not be happier with the teachers, administrators, and fellow parents that attend this fabulous school! Newcastle School educators love their students and it shows! I feel incredibly blessed my children attend this outstanding school!

We are in our 3rd year at this school. We LOVE it. I work in a school within our local district and I still choose to charter my kids in to Newcastle. We have a new AMAZING principal this year and so many amazing teachers. Low class size is a huge thing here as well as communication. All students are treated great, and the older students really take care of the younger ones. Sports is building with our amazing athletics director and I cant wait to see all the wonderful things that are yet to come! Really that small town, everyone is welcome kind of place. MANY MANY families charter in from outlying areas, even Sacramento and Colfax just to be at our amazing school.

The superintendent is ruthless. She forms so called committees and steers the decisions her way. Some of her clones actually think they contribute to things she has already decided. Morale has been down since her first year and the Board of Trustees does nothing about it. They are not receptive to staff complaints as she has them in her pocket. Come on people, listen to someone other than the Superintendent and her hand picked click.

. Newcastle School consists of exceptionally dedicated, talented, diligent and compassionate educators. The school's standards of academic instruction, discipline policy, follow through, community involvement, and fairness toward all students are excellent. Most educators today can "talk the talk" of implementing practices that are current, highly effective and fair. Yet, it is only at Newcastle that we have experienced educators actually "walking the walk" of providing a truly outstanding education for all students. My daughter has internalized the importance of striving to improve in all areas, and the hopefulness that comes from being part of a school that values fairness, equality and opportunity, no matter who your parents are. There is absolutely no bullying of any sort permitted, ignored or denied at Newcastle Elementary School! She can now move into high school as the best that she can be as far as her morale and her preparation are concerned.

We just completed our first year at Newcastle Elementary School and we love it! Parent involvement is fantastic. The PTO does a great job of trying to do one big fundraiser, rather than nickel and diming us to death. There is a wonderful dad s volunteer group that helps out too. The teachers and administration are very proactive. I have had great communication with my son s teacher, she will even email me with updates. The support for technology is fantastic, which is especially impressive in light of the financial pinch the state has put them in through increased regulations and deferment of funding. In response to earlier reviews (many are out-of-date): Safety has been a big focus in recent years. There is a lot of new security both inside and outside of the school. Great attention is given to current threats, such as cyber-bullying and drugs. Educational events are sponsored for parents too. The school fosters a great community spirit, through local field trips and community service graduation requirements. This is an excellent place to send your students, and we wouldn t go anywhere else.

This school has a great enriched enviroment! Coming from a private parochial school enviroment, we were not sure what to expect... What a great change to excited teachers and teaching enviroments. My children came in far behind in Math, writing skills and reading. Their grades went from being C-D students to Honor Roll Students within the first year! The teachers and staff went above and beyond to help them catch up and to make sure their adjustment went smoothly! And in this very tight educational budget. recessive economy, it's wonderful to have a principal that goes after every dime, grant, and funding she is able to apply for! Mrs. Daugherty takes the time to get to know this children and is also a presence in their classrooms, she is not just an administrators! They also have a very strong anit bullying atmosphere and problems are addressed immediately! With wonderful communication between, teachers, staff and administrators!

Principal: she will pick and choose student/kids depend on your income. Teacher quality is great. Safety: is big issued to this school for so many years.

Newcastle is a wonderful school. We have been there 2 years and love it. I went to the open house before we attended and couldn't get in the classroom because there were so many parents. My son loves the school. There is outstanding parent participation and constant efforts to communicate with the parents. keep

Due to the influx of students who do not live within the school district boundaries, Newcastle is not the 'small town' school we had hoped it would be. I believe they are inheriting problem students from other districts.Also, there seems to be a lot of teacher turn-over.

Last modified Newcastle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.