Bad
Good

My son and I are very satisfied. I get updates from teachers all the time.

The teachers are probably the best because the test scores are low and there are barely any electives and something makes the students careless. There is also not the best peer environment as well

The phone number on this home page for Lakeside Middle School is not correct. It should be (562) 868-9422. I reported this over a year ago. Thank you :)

I LOVE LAKESIDE I'm an eighth grader here and my teachers are amazing. I used to have average grades (B's some A's) , my teachers this year makes the things we're learning super fun and interesting. I can't wait until i see what happens this year!!!! Mrs. Pilios can make anything you learn interesting in a snap. -student ;D

This was the worst school any of my children have ever attended. Whe nI asked for daily reports to make sure my son was completing all of his assignments at school and turning in all of his homewrok, the teachers stated that they would check and sign his planner everyday. That happened whenever the teachers felt like signing it - unacceptable when I'm trying to work with you to help my child succeed in your class. Secondly, the level of racism at this school was unreal for such young kids. I have no idea what is being taught in the home, but when a child is being racist, inlcuding making derogatory remarks and hitting a child, they should be expelled from school not just talked to. This school was a horrible experience for my child - I had to pull him out after 1 semester.

i like this school it is one of the greatest places to go for you child even if i am a student in 6th grade going to 7th the lakeside mustangs rock!!!!

Heyy im a student here and i love this school im a seventh going to eighth this year and im sooo excited theres so much fun at this school even though we have ups and downs the teachers try hard to get us through go lakeside mustangs!!! -sharon p.S mr.Sanford mrs.Macman mr.Trimmel mrs.Porter and mr.Carrilo best teachers ever

I have a daughter who is in 7th grade and has completely excelled at Lakeside she was on Beacon all of 6th grade and now Lantern all of 7th grade. The teachers and staff are very involved and I love the email system. Those parents who have negative things to say about the school should probably take the time to be more involved with what is going on with their students themselves I have yet to have any communication problems with anyone at Lakeside. It is truly an exemplary school and proud to have an 8th grader and a 6th grader this next coming school year. I am confident that the communication will still be there and that Lakeside will continue to excel. Charna C.

As a parent of an 8th grader, I have seen the school go from good to bad. The Gap program helped me keep track of my childs missing work, and now the principal cancelled the program, I have a hard time helping my child. My son complains that some classes are so out of control that he can't wait for the day to be over. I'm sad to see this once great school decline so quickly.

The only way you can honestly review a school and the principal is by being involved yourself in your child and education of your child. I am a very proud parent of a Lakeside 7th grader she was on beacon society the entire year of 6th grade she continues to excel now and i believe this is the teamwork of the staff, teachers and her parents. I love the school. The staff is very involved and it is always nice to be greeted by the staff when I come into the office and they already know who my child is! As the other parent mentioned with 850 students I find it amazing that the staff is able to be that involved to know the students and match them with their parents! Great school and would recommend to anyone!!

Last modified Lakeside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.