Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I love this school! I have 2 children attending this school, by September it will be 3 kids. I heard through family members that this school was average and "not good enough" for their kids. I completely disagree! The principle us sweet, and she interacts with ALL the children and parents. There is a sense of community between the parents which is important because everyone looks out for eachothers kids. Everyone knows eachother. The kids like their school. The two issues have though are somethings that can be "fixed". First, theres a tall lady, cant recall her name, never smiles, she seems like shes in a bad mood 24/7. Shes been at this school for years; ive seen how she interacts with students and shes very rude! The way she speaks makes us feel dumb. They should have someone else who actually loves their job there. Lani & Rosemary are so sweet! I trust these ladies with my kids!! The last issue is the substitutes; one in particular, she is also a parent at Glazier. She has long hair with the meanest stink face. She isnt friendly and stand-offish. The kids in class cant make a sound without her writing them up. If she dislikes being a sub I dont see the point in her being there. Every single time she subs i get a complaint. We need new subs please! Overall, Glazier is a great school it has improved greatly!

i am extremely satisfied with this school my kids learned so much from their great teachers

I currently (year 2010) have two of my kids attending Glazier Elementary school, and teachers are amazingly great with all their school programs and activities. My oldest son, for example, who is a fifth grader has been attending many field trips and well as my first grade son. Both of them started Kindergarten there. My oldest daughter, who's in High School student, also went there for two years. With her, I had exceptional devouted teachers. Prior to having her attend Glazier, she went to two different elementary schools before I settled down in Norwalk. Based on I can see the difference in the level of education quality. The LAUSD Hobbart Middle school has an outstanding preschool program. The Reseda Middle School were OK. But Glazier has the best teachers and their field trips are great. I myself have gone with my daughter and sons to a few. Great school.

I went to Glazier school it was fun I remember all my teachers. They all had their own uniqueness. My daughter attended there and I was involved as much as I could be for a working mother. Now my grandaughter is there! (She has some of my daughters teachers), Three generations and all wonderful experiences with the teachers and office staff! Thank you Glazier School

I have two children attending this school. I volunteer here quite often and find the teachers and staff to be wonderful. Someone here mentioned we have a new principal and I believe she is doing awesome and the children love her. The PTA was also mentioned and I know it's had it's share of problems but it needs more parent involvement so those parents that complain about it should not just join it but remain acitive in it. There are so many different opportunities to help out with and the more people to help the better. Everyone has to remember we are doing it for the kids and not for each other. I encourage everyone to get active in the PTA.

Many things have changed over the years. Glazier has many parent volunteers doing various things in the school. The teachers are great and the office staff is very friendly and helpful. The principal is new this year 2007-08 and she has been great working with everyone. Glazier to me is a family school which means that we have had past students come to enroll their children or grandchildren. It's nice to see that they still live in the area. The District wide Literacy program is great and students are really understanding what they read. Glazier is on an alternative calendar (a little different than the traditional). Students have 4 weeks in the Winter, 3 weeks in the Spring and only 6 weeks in the Summer (instead of a 2 and 1/2 months in the summer). The calendar is really good.

I attended this school from K to 7th grade. Now my children are attending this school. I have had great teachers for my children. My only concern as well as for other parents is the PTA. I stopped participating because it was out of control. With the new principal it looks like things are being more fare now.

I had a good experience before my youngest went to this school. I had a very hard time getting them to take the assessment test on my child, he has ADD, and I feel they wasted 1 1/2 years of my child educational years, by not taking my request seriously, now 2 years later we still straggle, not by the special education team, great teachers, or my involvement in this challenging road we have to face, but the little assistance they have from the district, district wide, special education kids did not meet their goals, extra curriculum activities have been focus in many occasions on kids that could be 'well behave' in such activities and not on the assistance they desperately need. I hope they reconsider and give our special kids an opportunity to develop fully. Need more art, music, better food and another recess many teachers volunteer their own time afterschool.

Last modified Anna M. Glazier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.