Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Rancho Elementary School 3

Posted February 27, 2016
We talked to many parents in the Novato area about which school to put our children in and the majority had their kids through Rancho and were very pleased with what it had to offer. So, we enrolled our kids at Rancho and enjoyed new friends, good education, and a wonderful community, however, when the district decided to transform Rancho into a neighborhood school, a lot of things changed. We then learned that the school had used its lottery system to choose students from only high income families that explained Rancho's low diversity, instead of helping kids that needed education the most. We were very disappointed with the school and regretted ever applying to it. Now, Rancho is just another one of Novato's schools. Think, would you really want your kids at a school where low diversity is appreciated? If not, then Rancho isn't for you.

Posted May 01, 2014
When it came time to pick a school for my son, I had a few choices I could go with. I am so happy that I picked Rancho! The staff there is very friendly and understanding of the child's needs and families concerns. My son, who was starting Kindergarten had many concerns and fears and his teacher and Principal has made this year, which is an important one in a child's school career a successful one. I have noticed this year that he has made leaps and bounds in his academics and social skills and I have Rancho to Thank for that. The parents of the students at the school are all very hands on and help each other out and that I feel makes it easier for the children to ask for help and keep our children safe at school as well. Rancho in my book is definitely a 10 and I am looking forward for the years to come there.

Posted October 11, 2012
wonderful school. My son was transfered to this school last year and see a big different on the school culture and kids behavior. Now I understand why this is a popular school that every parent wants to come. I hope this school continue to stay wonderful

Posted September 25, 2012
Excellent school !!!...Principal , teachers , parents and students make a great community. Rancho is a diamond in Novato and Marin County.

Rancho Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2012
Now that Rancho is a neighborhood school, our kids are able to walk and have easier access to a solid program with all their local friends. It has the same curriculum as the other schools, which we are happy with.

Posted May 22, 2012
Rancho has been and continues to be an incredible environment for my children. We knew from the moment we toured the school, that Rancho was the best choice for our family. The kids are incredibly engaged, challenged, respectful and well-behaved. The standards set by the administration, teachers, parents, and ultimately the students, are very high. It's the best, we love it!

Posted January 05, 2012
Rancho Elementary has such a wonderful staff and family community, something it takes years and years to build and to be successful at We are so lucky to attend our school of choice.

Posted August 21, 2011
Such a great school of choice. Amazing teachers, parents and students. This school should be celebrated for it's successes.

Posted April 24, 2010
I love Rancho because the faculty really care about the welfare of every child and the parents are so involved with the school: it's a top notch education!

Rancho Elementary School

Posted September 17, 2009
The parent and teacher invovlement is incredible and the learning environment allows the teachers to bring out the best in our children

Rancho Elementary School
1430 Johnson Street, Novato, CA  94947-4459
Last modified Rancho Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.