Sinaloa Middle School 1

Posted November 08, 2013
No leadership or courage from the principal or vice-principal. They support the teachers and the status quo (which is politically easy) -- not the students. My child is stuck with an English teacher who uses foul language and seeks to politicize her class at any opportunity she can, with the usual left-wing diatribe. On the first day of school the teacher asked the students what the tallest building in the world was, students raised their hands with noble answers, such as the Empire State Building, etc. This teacher told her students that it was trash stacked high in the ocean. She offered no evidence of this claim but told her students that they were responsible, and it was their duty in life to them to recycle and clean the ocean. The school is not teaching children how to think for themselves, but is instead of trying to indoctrinate them. If they do not go along, they are considered problem children. This school lacks intellectual diversity and creative, competent leadership.

Posted March 30, 2011
I am in the 8th grade and have overall enjoyed my time at Sinaloa. Although i have had my ups and downs the teachers and staff got me through it somehow. I must say the one teacher i have to single out is one of the 8th grade algebra teachers (And a 7th grade pre-algebra teacher) Mr.Smith! He is absolutely a wonderful teacher who is always there for his students and is both reliable and fun! My only complaint about the school is that i personally do not see the significance of portfolio day due to the fact that we do not apply for jobs inb most circumstances until the 10th grade or so, not to mention those jobs are normally part time and not major. My last and final complaint is that there are a LOT of projects. Other than those however, this is by far THE best school i have EVER attended in my LIFE.

Posted October 13, 2010
I am pleasantly surprised at how well my children are doing at SJMS. They are in 6th and 8th grade and are really motivated by the teachers to do their best. I can see the improvement in their grades. I transferred my sons to this school after 6 years in a catholic school and I feel that my kids have received more individual attention and support at SJMS then they have ever received anywhere else. The new principal, Jeff King runs this school better than a private school. Everyone feels welcome, encouraged to pitch in and belong to part of a community. Thanks SJMS!!

Posted October 06, 2009
Unbelievable support for the students. Friendly and safe environment. Great school. Wonderful teachers and administrators. There is always a smile waiting for the kids.

Posted October 06, 2009
The best that could happen to our child. He likes school again.

Posted June 12, 2009
Best school in california! My child loved it and the teachers are always standing by her! This is the best school in california!

Sinaloa Middle School 1

Posted July 24, 2008

Posted May 16, 2008
my child loves the school

Posted January 08, 2008
This is the best school on earth! I love all of the teachers, they are helpful and understanding

Posted June 13, 2007
My son is completing the 6th grade at Sinaloa and it has far exceeded our expectations. This last school year has been a wonderful experience. Great teachers, fantastic administration and a safe and caring atmosphere. And, the academics have been exceptional. Thank you to Sinaloa Middle School for the care and attention they give our students!

Sinaloa Middle School
2045 Vineyard Road, Novato, CA  94947
Last modified Sinaloa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sinaloa Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top